Around the League 2016-2017 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
Dart Guy predicts a Ducks vs Leafs matchup for the Cup.

Damn. I'll take it.

I'm seeing a lot of Ducks predictions for the cup final. If there were an "easy" way, we'd get Sharks then Blues. Still tough competition. If there were a hard way, it would be Oilers then Preds. Playing the Wild in the WCF would be interesting, not entirely sure who would win that. I think our team is better, but they also have home ice advantage, but but Bruce hasn't exactly had an overwhelming amount of success with home ice, but but but coming out of the first round with a reverse sweep would surely make them a hot team.

I'd play the Leafs, but at the same time, I'm kinda feeling a 2007 SCF rematch with the Sens.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Damn. I'll take it.

I'm seeing a lot of Ducks predictions for the cup final. If there were an "easy" way, we'd get Sharks then Blues. Still tough competition. If there were a hard way, it would be Oilers then Preds. Playing the Wild in the WCF would be interesting, not entirely sure who would win that. I think our team is better, but they also have home ice advantage, but but Bruce hasn't exactly had an overwhelming amount of success with home ice, but but but coming out of the first round with a reverse sweep would surely make them a hot team.

I'd play the Leafs, but at the same time, I'm kinda feeling a 2007 SCF rematch with the Sens.

I'd love to meet the Leafs in the finals, but I'd bet my entire 401k that isn't happening. If Toronto somehow manages to get past the Capitals by using their speed; they don't stand a chance against Pittsburgh. Toronto is basically a worse version of Pittsburgh.

I also wouldn't call us the favorites in the west now either. It's got to be Nashville after their impressive first round, and I'm not convinced we can beat Edmonton in a 7 game series. Their nightly lineup is much more physical than ours, and despite the rest, I think the ridiculous minutes that RC gave Kesler is clearly showing. Edmonton is beating the Sharks right now with McDavid not evening doing much.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
You can bet your ass that the DoPS is going to come after Kadri for that. :help:

Nope, that is all on Ovi trying to jump away from that. The fact he came back right after makes it seem like he was playing it up.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
I agree. Anderson may have been falling back but the contact clearly shifted his position. Would he have made the save without the contact? Who knows. But you can't make calls on what ifs. There was contact.

And OTT defender in no way pushed him into Anderson.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I agree. Anderson may have been falling back but the contact clearly shifted his position. Would he have made the save without the contact? Who knows. But you can't make calls on what ifs. There was contact.

And OTT defender in no way pushed him into Anderson.

Exactly. That was solid contact, skate on skate. What might have happened without the contact is irrelevant. It happened, it knocked Anderson back and he had no chance to make a save after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad