Around the League 17: Cherry, Babcock, Peters, and Montgomery Unemployment Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
adam fox with 3 points tonight. we're going to have to hate him for a long time.

Everytime I think about this, I remember what our return was....sure Rees and Honka remain lottery tickets, but so far a couple of numbers seem to have come up and more are still in the hopper....plus, that second rounder this year is going to be a good player given the depth of this draft.....and I'll still hate Adam Fox....

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
Everytime I think about this, I remember what our return was....sure Rees and Honka remain lottery tickets, but so far a couple of numbers seem to have come up and more are still in the hopper....plus, that second rounder this year is going to be a good player given the depth of this draft.....and I'll still hate Adam Fox....

hate.jpg

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
For sure the Leafs have the talent to put a lot of pucks in the net but they are terrible defensively. They gave up like 45 shots to Winnipeg and were dominated for a lot of the game.

The key for them is getting off to a quick start and scoring the first couple goals. They did it against us and they did it against Winnipeg. If you get the lead on them you can’t let up. We saw that in our game with them last week because they can score in bunches.

I just think if they can’t tighten it up in the playoffs their gonna get run over since it’s unlikely that their hot start to a game, run and fun style is gonna catch anyone off guard in the playoffs when teams aren’t going to give them time and space.

I think you missed my point. Teams right now are *trying* not to give them time and space, but it's not working. They are perfectly willing to run and gun with anyone because they have more talent. There's nothing that says time and space will go away in the playoffs. The rinks are still the same size. People said the Oilers couldn't win with their defense and goalies allowing four goals a game and they have six Cups to show for it.

We didn't want to give up three goals in two minutes when we were up 6-4. We didn't let up. They overwhelmed us.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Players also have a much stronger union which helps. But they get in trouble too. Austin Watson comes to mind.

And alcoholism is one thing, but there could be other things as well especially if the alcoholism leads to unprofessional conduct, which sometimes can't be written off just because you were intoxicated or whatever. There's probably more to the story we don't know and may never find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad