Around the League 17: Cherry, Babcock, Peters, and Montgomery Unemployment Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Panthers could very easily finish in a top-3 spot in the Atlantic. Getting Coach Q is the best thing thats happened to them in the last 4-5 years.

On another note, it seems the Habs are better than I thought they would be. I have a very strong dislike for that franchise and wish them misery, but they're a good team.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Catch-22. We’re likely to be in competition with Fla for a playoff spot so don’t want them to get points. Wish it happened against a western team instead.
Yeah, I'm not really heavy into scoreboard watching at this point, but for teams in the east that are far out of reach, might as well hope they beat the teams like Florida that we could be in competition with. And seriously, schadenfreude over a top 3 team in the league losing in OT? Yeeeaaaahhhh.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
It’s only November and already 6 out of 6 Eastern conference teams get a point last night. Scoreboard watching is miserable so these *******s better get it together and go on a run.

I think they will. Not concerned unless the goaltending again falls off of a cliff, which considering our history is always a distinct possibility until it isn't.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Ok, maybe it’ll be 2 1sts and a prospect for Pageau. Goals 9, 10, and 11 tonight. Make it happen Canes!

Pageau looks great RN, however, I'm just concerned about his usage numbers. There's been plenty of guys who have looked great on a terrible team, gets traded at the deadline to a contender, and then the numbers just fall off of a cliff. Not saying that Pageau is one of those guys, I'm just saying that it happens a lot.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
I hate that Barry Trotz is in the Metro tormenting teams like us in the standings with numerically more offensive talent, but I just respect that man so much. His defensive schemes are like voodoo to analytics guys and stats guys and have been for decades. The one time that he was handed an ultra-talented team, he got them a Cup in four years before they inexplicably let him go because, uh...money?! I remember all of those years back, pre-analytics, when Nashville was an unstable small-market team threatened by relocation because of ownership incompetence, and he was doing the exact same thing and confounding everybody's perception of what winning hockey looked like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad