DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Wortherspoon should get the same contract as Kulak

2M/1yr for Bennett...good for him and good for the team

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Don't like it. Way too busy and difficult to understand. Looks like modern art.
Its weird. One for the ages is right....

Here are the complete pics of the mask from all sides.

http://www.davidarrigo.com/mike-smith

Last edited:

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Don't like it. Way too busy and difficult to understand. Looks like modern art.
Its weird. One for the ages is right....

Here are the complete pics of the mask from all sides.

http://www.davidarrigo.com/mike-smith

How is it difficult to understand? It's his kids riding a chuck wagon with some Flaming C's on it.

I'm not a fan of it myself because I think it's a bit cheesy for the NHL, but it isn't that strange.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
http://www.tsn.ca/video/after-off-season-acquisitions-treliving-wants-focus-to-be-on-the-ice~1205226

51 minute interview that Bob Mckenzie does with Brad Treliving. Most of the stuff is what we've heard throughout the summer, but I'll summarize some of the main things he said:
- Really likes the depth in the goaltending position.
- Biggest concern is goal scoring, but mentions how many players had down years last season, so he expects them to be alright in that department.
- Mckenzie asked him about the bottom pairing, saying Stone-Bartkowski, Treliving went on to praise Stone a lot, then gave Bartkowski a compliment before saying theres young guys that will be pushing him for the 6/7 spot. Younger guys he named were: Kulak, Wotherspoon, Kylington, Andersson.
- Thinks really highly of Bennett, says that he expects him to be a very good player. He sort of implies that right now it's a bit unfair to compare Sam to other 2014 draftees, as he's the only 1 to have played full time centre last year.
- When Bob asks about Sam's line mates for this season if Sam starts at centre, Brad says that him and Versteeg have good chemistry, then goes on to mention how Sam and Brouwer played really well last pre-season, possibly implying a Versteeg-Bennett-Brouwer line, but says that will sort itself out in training camp with the coaching staff deciding.
- Says Sam was probably the best player in the 2015 playoffs for the Flames, they are disappointed with this past season but believes Sam will breakout soon.
- Bob asks about Foo getting a shot to make the team, Tre says it's an adjustment jumping from college to the pro game, the way he was talking implied that he most likely starts in the AHL.
- Bob asks how close Jankowski is. Brad says he should be pushing for a job now. He says that Jankowski will prove the Flames right for the pick and how excited Jay Feaster was at the time. He's 6'5" 215 lbs. Tre says he knows Jako's mindset is that he's coming to camp to win a job. Says that he's the guy Tre is most interested to see come next week in main camp.
- Mckenzie mentions how there's 12 experienced forwards already returning, then goes on to list: Dube, Lomberg, Pribyl, Klimchuk, Poirier, Shinkaruk, Mangiapane & Hathaway along with Janko & Foo, asking if they have a shot. Tre responds by saying yes they all do and that's why they've specifically left 1-2 spots, for these kids to fight it out. Makes it seem like no Jagr signing, but Tre could just be playing mind games.
- Bob asks how much more of an emphasis on special teams this year. Tre says it's important, mentions how we were 30th in both categories at the start of last year but mentions that we got evidently better by finishing 10th and 12th in the special teams. It will be a big emphasis for them.
- Mentions $5 million capspace, asks if it will be used now or saved for something later on in the season, Tre says to never say never, says the likelihood of using it now is not very high, wants to see where they are with the young guys and ptos. Says it gives them flexibility, whether it be now, in the season, or tdl.
- Mckenzie mentions how he gets tweets asking if the Flames are gonna sign Jagr, Tre says he's not sure where it all came from, he says he doesn't comment too much on rumours, says they got their biggest piece in Bennett out of the way and they'll keep searching the bushes to see how they can improve. Says it's a diplomatic way to answer the question.
- Bob asks what element they would add in a vacuum, asks if it's goalscoring and Tre says yeah pretty much.
- Bob asks what aspect of the team might keep Tre awake at night, Tre says scoring goals and health. For health Tre mentions they were healthy last year, it's something you can't control, hope you're doing things right because injuries can derail you. For goalscoring he says he thinks they'll get to where he wants due to all the players had a down year last season, says if the defence is good enough won't have to score many.
- Bob asks if the success the Oilers are having is at all a motivating factor. Tre says watching 97 is either scary or motivating 1 of the 2. Says they have their own business and plan as to how to assemble their team but says you would be naive to not see what's going on around the league especially with 1 of your rivals. Build your team to play against everyone but it's not by accident that we bolstered our defence, however can't get lost in the noise. The Flames are focused on what the Flames are doing, says it's great for everyone to have the BOA back.
- Bob asks if the team how it's currently constructed can take the next step and contend for the cup this season. Tre says they're trying to stay out of expectations. Building a standard that they want to practice/play at everyday. First step for that is to get into the playoffs. Knows the group is very excited. If they can get the standard right, things have a tendency for looking after themselves.
- Says he likes our team, haven't exactly defined who we are, goal is to get us playing past the regular season and then take it from there.

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
Vesteeg - Bennett - Brouwer the sequel. Nice.

I still want to see Tkachuk, Bennett, Brouwer the sequel. I still think if they can get some chemistry going, that would be the toughest line to play again for the Flames

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Thanks so much for doing that!

No worries man!

Vesteeg - Bennett - Brouwer the sequel. Nice.

I still want to see Tkachuk, Bennett, Brouwer the sequel. I still think if they can get some chemistry going, that would be the toughest line to play again for the Flames

I probably should correct myself, he mentioned how good that line was, so maybe we see that, Mckenzie also asked him if Lazar would get a shot with Bennett and Tre said it will all sort itself out in training camp, so maybe we shouldn't read too much into the lineup suggestions until main camp starts..

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
How is it difficult to understand? It's his kids riding a chuck wagon with some Flaming C's on it.

I'm not a fan of it myself because I think it's a bit cheesy for the NHL, but it isn't that strange.
Oh, that's what it is. Couldn't quite figure it out but now that you've said what it is I see it now. Still don't like it though but it's certainly in character with his previous masks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad