Around the Dome 2016-2017: Flames hockey-related news and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
Granlund at center? Even that idiot Huska was smart enough to put him on the wing!

It will be Hartleys way to set him up to fail. He will **** the bed in the dot and Hartley will chop his ice time/not play him. I like granlund and he should be a winger. I am always impressed with him when he is called up minus faceoffs.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Went 5/7 last night, one of the best Flames in the dot.

Granny was one of the better Flames last night. I honestly think moving him into the top 6 wouldn't be a bad idea. Swing Frolik up to play with Monahan and Gaudreau, it gives them a defensive forward to help that line; swing Granny up with Backs and Bennett for a secondary scoring punch.

Do whatever you want with the bottom 6, only Jones produces anyways.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
This would likely play with more of a spark if more prospects trying to secure a job were on it. And with the playoff's basically out of the equation, might be better to focus on development rather than ensuring the veterans get their playing time.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
While ploffs may be a long shot, I don't think it's out of the realm of reality just yet. It's critical, the patient's on life support, but I'm willing to wait until the halfway mark before pulling the plug altogether.

Three things will need to happen:
1. Fix the -31 goal differential. That's on the goalies as much as the defensemen & forwards not making smart defensive zone plays.
2. The lack of scoring from the blue line has really hurt. The entire blue line has ten goals, I think Wideman and Russell had as many last season at this point.
3. Special teams - sigh. Right now they stink out loud - 2nd worst PP, worst PK (by a mile), I would settle for mediocre.

They'll definitely need to string together a few minor winning streaks (2-3 games) to get closer, and it's frustrating because their play is *almost* there - everything is off by half a step, half a second, or get a comeback killed by a muffin goal against.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Wonder what injury Brodie is playing through.

Sore back from carrying the defense

giphy.gif

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Holy cow, the Flames are at .500. Given the start to the season that we had, this is fantastic. Now it's just a matter of being better than the other teams down the stretch. None of this "we need such and such ridiculous winning percentage in order to get what I assume will be the number of points required for a playoff position." It's just a matter of being better than a few other teams.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
The Dallas game, I said we were done. They popped 3 on us, and I looked at my gf and said that's it, season is done, no playoffs this year. Boy I'm happy they're proving me wrong, stormed back and took that game and went on our streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad