Around Hockey XX (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Dorse is one of my all-time favorite Jackets. I was severely pissed when he was traded. This sucks. I just hope he can go on and live a normal, as pain-free as possible life with his young family.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
That Boeser kid is such a stud! Stanley cup final goalies killer. First Murray now Rinne.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Kris Russell just scored on his own net with 1:05 left in the 3rd tied 4-4 after the oilers clawed back to tie it. Toronto wins 6-4.

Ouch.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Seattle takes big step toward landing NHL team

Still, this week could be crucial in Seattle landing an NHL and/or NBA team at some point, as its city council voted 7-1 in favor of a $660 million plan to get an arena ready for both sports.

Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times wonders if an NHL franchise announcement could come in mere months:

With the deal in place, the NHL is expected in coming months to make a franchise announcement regarding Seattle. The league could award an expansion franchise or have a team relocate here from an existing market struggling to have a new arena built — with Arizona or Calgary the two most likely franchises.

Baker and King 5’s Chris Daniels note that the plan is to have the building ready for action by October 2020. Daniels provides more background regarding some of the power players involved when it comes to bring an NHL team to Seattle, and it all sounds pretty promising for the market’s chances.

There is widespread belief inside Seattle City Hall that Oak View will now make a serious pitch to the NHL to be an anchor tenant in the new building. UW grad and billionaire David Bonderman has met with multiple council members. Bonderman is an investor in the project and a minority owner of the NBA’s Boston Celtics. OVG has publicly identified him as the potential lead investor in an NHL franchise. The NHL Board of Governors is meeting later this week. Jeremy Jacobs, of the Boston Bruins, is the head of the BOG and also an identified partner of OVG

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Would love to visit Seattle... :D

Heading to Las Vegas for the CBJ/VGK game in January.
In high school I did a sports marketing project on an expansion NHL team heading to Seattle. I picked it back up like 5 years later in undergrad for a corporate sponsorship inventory project. I'm invested in the Seattle Admirals NHL squad playing at Microsoft Arena.

VancouverHabitant

Dec 10, 2017
Hi guys, Canucks fan here....

We would like to trade our 2018 1st round pick, and our 2019 1st round pick if you guys would kindly take Sam Gagner back.

PLEASE!!!!!!!

We're still waiting for him to win his first puck battle of the season.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Boll placed on Waivers by the Ducks

Could be the end for him...if so I hope the Jackets find a roll for him in the organization

I heard we like to put former enforcers in the booth... in with the new, out with the old.. out with Rimer, in with Boll. ( I kid, I kid )

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Random fact but since getting traded to the Devils on March 1st, Prout has played a total of 18 games out of 50. He’s only played in 4 games this season....

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Hi guys, Canucks fan here....

We would like to trade our 2018 1st round pick, and our 2019 1st round pick if you guys would kindly take Sam Gagner back.

PLEASE!!!!!!!

We're still waiting for him to win his first puck battle of the season.

Lol.... gotta admit, a bit tempting because Gagner was a big part of the CBJ PP last year, which is quite atrocious this season.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Lol.... gotta admit, a bit tempting because Gagner was a big part of the CBJ PP last year, which is quite atrocious this season.
He was hot to start the season last year for sure, but he trailed off by the holidays. Like our pP. Sam killed our pP.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Isles going back to Long Island, building new arena at Belmont.

Looks like their luck finally turned around.

Reactions: Viqsi

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Man, Vegas is a definition of working horse, that never gives up and gets rewarded. To score a GWG with 2 sec left, wow. James Neal is working in neutral zone like he's some kind of AHLer who fights for a spot.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Man, Vegas is a definition of working horse, that never gives up and gets rewarded. To score a GWG with 2 sec left, wow. James Neal is working in neutral zone like he's some kind of AHLer who fights for a spot.

4 power play goals for VGK tonight. That's a month's worth for the CBJ.

Vegas is an amazing story. I hope that they can keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad