Around Hockey XX (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
No idea how Kris Letang made it to the ASG roster. He's been dreadful this season. Carlson/Ghost should be in over him.

Bob should be in over Holtby and King Henry as well.
Agree on Letang and slight correction to goalie comment....and of course, congrats to Seth Jones on well deserved recognition.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Other than the prestige of Jackets being named I'd rather have the players have the three (?) days off to rest and relax and heal any minor bumps and bruises.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Just wait until we hit our growth spurt

belly laugh
No but having players like stenlund and Gavrikov on the roster surely would help boost those stats a little bit in the future.

And players like Carlsson and possibly Dubois will gain more weight in the off-season and it' ppossible Dubois might grow the tiniest bit still.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Wild bill just scored his 23rd goal of the season. Now tied for fourth best in the entire league in goals scored... incredible.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
If Jarmo had any hair. :deadhorse

Jam and Bill look so good together, the anticipation of that pass from Bill and Jam finding him right there.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
James Neal just caused 1st OT loss for Vegas. Now it's only us unbeaten in OT.
champions in something.

Last edited:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
It’s getting to that time of the year where it’s “crunch” time and scoreboard watching is becoming a regularity.

I figured I’d make a thread specifically for our beloved metro division where we can talk about scores, insight, opinions, and all the above about the division.

As of today, January 17th.. the Jackets are currently in 3rd place (53 pts) in the division behind Washington (59 pts) & New Jersey (54 pts). Despite being in 3rd place in the division, we are only 3 points away from being out of a playoff spot... yeah, gotta love the metro.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Tonight’s only metro game:

Pittsburgh vs Anaheim (10:00 EST on NBCSN)

All eyes will be on the Pens. Pittsburgh comes into tonight’s game winning 4 of their last 5 games while averaging almost 4 goals per game in that stretch. Anaheim is in desperate need of a win as they are 5 points out of the WC playoff race. They are 1-2-1 in their last 4 games.

Need a big time Pens loss, if the Pens grab two points tonight then the Jackets will enter tomorrow night’s game in a wildcard spot. Not ideal.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Something to note as we head down the stretch - the Rangers have played 27 home games, but only 18 road games. Their road record so far is much worse than their home record.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Tonight’s only metro game:

Pittsburgh vs Anaheim (10:00 EST on NBCSN)

All eyes will be on the Pens. Pittsburgh comes into tonight’s game winning 4 of their last 5 games while averaging almost 4 goals per game in that stretch. Anaheim is in desperate need of a win as they are 5 points out of the WC playoff race. They are 1-2-1 in their last 4 games.

Need a big time Pens loss, if the Pens grab two points tonight then the Jackets will enter tomorrow night’s game in a wildcard spot. Not ideal.

Actually, if the Pens win they will be tied with the Jackets in points, but the Jackets will have a game in hand and technically still be in third place. But I understand your point.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Aaron Portzline‏Verified account @Aportzline 2h2 hours ago
More
Remember Dillon Heatherington? #CBJ 2nd round draft pick (No. 50 overall) in 2013? #CBJ traded him to Dallas last March 1 for Lauri Korpikoski. Now Heatherington is set to make his #NHL debut, as fate would have it, on Thursday when #GoStars play in #Nationwide.
Who could ever forget where they were and what they were doing when news of this franchise shaping trade took place? A perfect example of the old saying you have to be willing to give up something to get something in return. :snide:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Just looked at the Western Conference standings to see where LA sat.. wanted to see what Jussi was leaving behind and coming to.

LA and us have the same amount of points, the difference?

LA’s goal differential: +22
Our goal differential: -5

Wow.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
For your GDT, here is the Stars ' projected lineup for tonight. As mentioned above, Dillon Heatherington will make his NHL debut tonight:

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Janmark-Spezza-Shore
Roussel-Faksa-Pitlick
Elie-Hanzal-Ritchie

Lindell-Klingberg
Hamhuis-Pateryn
Heatherington-Johns

Bishop

Last edited:

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
For your GDT, here is the Stars ' projected lineup for tonight. As mentioned above, Dillon Heatherington will make his NHL debut tonight:

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Janmark-Spezza-Shore
Roussel-Faksa-Pitlick
Elie-Hanzal-Ritchie

Lindell-Klingberg
Hamhuis-Pateryn
Johns-Heatherington

Bishop
Oh crap, Radulov is back with Benn and Tyler? Save us, Bob.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Oh crap, Radulov is back with Benn and Tyler? Save us, Bob.

We'll see for sure if the Stars take a morning skate, but they have been together the past 4-5 games and have been tearing it up, so I doubt Hitch would change it at this point.

Also, my post was wrong. Heatherington is on the left and Johns on the right.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
^^^^^^^^

He ended up playing 20 minutes tonite, so he obviously returned and wasn't badly hurt.

Sorry about your luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: CBJWennberg10

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
If the playoffs began today, I would be quite happy with the seedings/matchups.

WSH v NYR
CBJ v NJD
---
TBL v PIT
BOS v TOR

The metro would not be the death march that it's made out to be, and one of Pittsburgh or Tampa would be eliminated in the first round :)

Reactions: CPTN71

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
^^^^^^^^

He ended up playing 20 minutes tonite, so he obviously returned and wasn't badly hurt.

Sorry about your luck.

For 6-7-8 million a year, I'll take "Bread" over "Yeast" all day erry day, thank you very much.

Sorry about your luck.

I'll take the CBJ's roster over that 'dynasty' roster in Nashville since the day that trade was made.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
For 6-7-8 million a year, I'll take "Bread" over "Yeast" all day erry day, thank you very much.

Sorry about your luck.

I'll take the CBJ's roster over that 'dynasty' roster in Nashville since the day that trade was made.

Do we call him yeast because he rises to the occasion?

Reactions: Viqsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad