Around Hockey XX (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
yea.... What he said.

Going to a shootout in their barn is a great result against this team right now.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Wild Bill is hot, already matched his goal totals from last year. 6-6-12 so far.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
It's only a matter of time before Pittsburgh erupts. I imagine that goal differential won't stay there long.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
No doubt there are legit explanations for the differential, but it's pretty clear that the Penguins aren't playing very well. Double cup hangover, aging of key vets, or early season lack of intensity could all be factors.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
It's only a matter of time before Pittsburgh erupts. I imagine that goal differential won't stay there long.

I disagree. Those beatings (1-10, 1-7, 1-7) are indicative of a problem. Pittsburgh lost several key players over the off season. They got Kris Letang back and that helps. But that team is not the dominant force they were. Let's see what happens when a few injuries occur and a couple people have to sit out.

That team has 9 wins. Matt Murray has them all. The back up goal-tending combination of Tristan Jarry, Casey DeSmith and Antti Niemi have a combined save % of .809 and combined GAA of 5.05. The sample size on that 3-headed combination is 297 minutes. or 4.95 games. Oh.......and Matt Murray? .906 and 2.90. Matt Murray might win 40 games. But he won't win 50.

For those reasons, I disagree.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Pittsburgh has played 2 and half seasons over the last 2 years. That's gonna take it's toll on any team.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Seventh goal for Wild Bill. :( Who knew that he's a first line winger, not our FO obviously.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Seventh goal for Wild Bill. :( Who knew that he's a first line winger, not our FO obviously.

Glad they prioritized JJ and Korpisalo over him. I understand keeping Jack, and obviously Anderson, but never got the appeal of Korpisalo. We could have held on to Forsberg and Saad too.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Glad they prioritized JJ and Korpisalo over him. I understand keeping Jack, and obviously Anderson, but never got the appeal of Korpisalo. We could have held on to Forsberg and Saad too.

To be fair... Korpisalo and Forsberg’s numbers are pretty much a wash this year.

Forsberg: 1-1-2, 3.86 GAA, .904.
Korpisalo: 1-4-0, 3.27 GAA, .896.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
To be fair... Korpisalo and Forsberg’s numbers are pretty much a wash this year.

Forsberg: 1-1-2, 3.86 GAA, .904.
Korpisalo: 1-4-0, 3.27 GAA, .896.

Which proves that we shouldn't have went out of our way to protect Korpisalo.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Torts wouldn't have given him that ice time and position, he would have been stuck on 3rd line and PK. Interesting to see how much he's gonna get paid this offseason.
But if i'm Jarmo i would have offered another pick to keep GMGM off WildBill in ED.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Interesting you guys seem to be overlooking the whole David Clarkson thing..

And god forbid we made moves to bring in a legit TOP LINE WINGER and keep important guys the organization values, when we could have William Karlsson as a top 6 winger and Anton Forsberg as our "star" backup.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

And god forbid we made moves to bring in a legit TOP LINE WINGER and keep important guys the organization values, when we could have William Karlsson as a top 6 winger and Anton Forsberg as our "star" backup.

Losing David Clarkson's contract, and keeping Anderson were the best advantages for us. It was worth making a deal with Vegas, nobody is saying otherwise.

Panarin was a good investment I agree. However, it's not working (to date) and it's not showing signs of improvement yet. If he improves, then we'll see. However, the deal doesn't look good for us right now aside from Motte. Panarin looks like Gaborik in the sense that he's out of place and doesn't fit. If that continues to be the case, Motte better be very good and they deal Panarin for a bounty or else they dropped the ball hard. Saad is a very good player.

Nobody called Forsberg a star either.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Your precious two way all around better player Saad has a whooping 2 points in last 13 games, with Toews and Kane as his partners.

Back to Wild Bill 14-7-7, after last game, more points than any cbj player has. Now this move looks bad right now, not Panarin/Saad trade. Ughh who did that scouting that he will be most expendable to lose..ugghhh :thumbd:

Last edited:

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017

I don't care about Forsberg or Saad, that a CBJWennberg thing.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Avs are just unlucky, it's their second player in two games who gets broken.

Tampa bet big money against themselves, or something?

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Good for Wild Bill, loved that guy and I'm glad to see him becoming a star. we are not going to hit on every decision, but this reinforces that our FO is picking good players. I want him to succeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad