Around Hockey XX (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Gotta love seeing the Pens lay an egg. Sometimes the puck just gets you.... over and over... and over.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Their D is bad Letang or not, somehow they get away with it last year. Plus Murray was forced for back to back.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Judging by this Bruins-Preds game, those preseason proclamations that McAvoy was going to be "this year's Werenski"? Nope. Not at all, really.

Pretty good for a rookie, sure. But... no.
nope.gif

Mcavoy had his 1st goal, 1st assist, played 22 minutes, and was the 1st star of the game according to Nashville's broadcast in his 1st regular season game. I remember Werenski's 1st game, it was against the bruins, and both he and Mcavoy had times where they looked like shaky rookies and then times where they looked like dominant vets. but McAvoy had a better debut. Not sure what game you were watching.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Mcavoy had his 1st goal, 1st assist, played 22 minutes, and was the 1st star of the game according to Nashville's broadcast in his 1st regular season game. I remember Werenski's 1st game, it was against the bruins, and both he and Mcavoy had times where they looked like shaky rookies and then times where they looked like dominant vets. but McAvoy had a better debut. Not sure what game you were watching.
I believe I was watching the game where McAvoy tripped over his own feet repeatedly, made more than a few blind passes, took three lazy penalties, and generally looked unsure and uncertain. His instincts seem good, so it's not as though he has no business being out there, but he doesn't look nearly as smooth as Werenski did on debut. Like he knows what he should be doing but keeps second-guessing himself.

Granted, that's just the first game. If we went by first games only, Provorov would be a confirmed bust. ;) Not claiming that McAvoy is doomed, just that he didn't have a comparable debut as yet. I suspect as soon as he settles down he'll be fine. But, IIRC, Werenski didn't need such a transition period (at least, not at the NHL level).

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Oh look, a Pittsburgh defender on the penalty kill takes a puck to the face, goes down, there's blood on the ice, and they whistle it down immediately.

That sure seems like a prudent rule. I wonder when it came along.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Really think the Devils might be the ‘sneaky’ team not just in the metro but in the league this year.. they might surprise a few folks.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Crazy stat of the night...

Sean Monahan is 23 years old and has 8 career OT GWG... which is a franchise record for the flames.

That’s incredible.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Really think the Devils might be the ‘sneaky’ team not just in the metro but in the league this year.. they might surprise a few folks.

I have to agree. They had a very nice off-season. Getting Marcus Johansson for a 2nd and 3rd round draft picks. Signing Will Butcher. Drafting Nico Hischier. Jesper Bratt coming out of nowhere as a 6th round pick in 2016.

The Metro will be an extremely tough division again.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I think the Devils will slide as their D will get exposed, just a matter of time.

But yeah, their offense is better with those additions.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
With Fleury out for who knows how long with a concussion, I read an article giving their options and one was our old pal, Oskar Dansk

I'm curious how Vegas does now... They're relying on Malcolm Subban to be their #1 goalie now.. He's had about 3 doozies of games when he was asked to play at the NHL level. Similar to Anton Forsberg at the NHL level about 3 years ago. He had a good 1st game though.

Oscar Dansk in his 1st AHL game since coming back to North America had a 83% save percentage.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Dansk nets 2nd NHL win in first start. 4-2 win vs. Blackhawks. Vegas goes to 7-1. Karlsson and Marchessault score for the GKnights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad