Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That was really surprising to see. It would be awesome to see him still play some NHL games, I loved the guy. It's a shame how he left this team.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Bugsy just won the John Scott Cup in Da Beauty League. Not really worth mentioning if not for the fact of a bunch of NHL player involvement (and it's located in Minnesota). Wonder if that was the spark, or part of the plan to get ready for camp.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
So a failed offside challenge will be a penalty from now on. This is bad news for us, you know Coop.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
So a failed offside challenge will be a penalty from now on. This is bad news for us, you know Coop.

I like it. Hate when coaches use a challenge to give their team a chance to rest and recuperate. The loss of the timeout wasn't enough because those aren't commonly used in hockey.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I like it. Hate when coaches use a challenge to give their team a chance to rest and recuperate. The loss of the timeout wasn't enough because those aren't commonly used in hockey.

The best thing would be to remove the challenge completely, at least on offsides. I guess the NHL doesn't want to admit their mistake and don't remove it yet, but I'm pretty sure it'll be gone in a year or two. Well hopefully now we don't see as many goals being called back because a minute ago someone was offside by a millimeter.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I dislike it. What if a legitimate challenge fails? then its a ****ing penalty? so the challenged goal against stays and the team who benefits gets a power play? wtf

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I dislike it. What if a legitimate challenge fails? then its a ****ing penalty? so the challenged goal against stays and the team who benefits gets a power play? wtf

It sounds like a big deal but I doubt it will actually be. Bad calls and non-calls happen all the time and a very minor portion of those will be as a result of this.

I'm talking about the penalties if it was not clear.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Sounds like it's pretty treatable with medicine and has a high survival rate. Glad they caught it and hope everything goes well and he can keep playing.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Known as CML, it is a type of cancer of the bone marrow that is largely treatable with medication. Dr. Michael Farber said Boyle is in the early stages of the disease and a workup is in progress. They are awaiting further test results that will guide a possible return to play.

The disease was discovered five days ago during Devils training camp through routine blood work, general manager Ray Shero said. The Devils expect test results to come within the next weeks, if not days, and treatment would begin immediately.
https://www.nhl.com/news/new-jersey-devils-brian-boyle-has-leukemia/c-291181794

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
WHat I heard is that he is planning on playing. the form he has is treatable have to wish the guy well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad