Speculation: Armchair GM Thread: The other one was locked and LazarBeams asked for a new one so I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No to Grigorenko. He really doesn't fill any form of a need, and there is a logjam for LW/C as is.

Williams would be my #1 choice. I'd definitely invite Iggy to training camp if he'd accept though.

Also, any chance we might see Pribyl this year?
There is no logjam at LW right now. Looking at what we had last year and who is unsigned/not qualified, we have holes on 3rd line LW and 3rd line RW, with Lazar penciled in to be a regular and being a RW shot. Leaving the only hole at 3rd line LW, but that said both Frolik and Ferland are also more than capable of playing LW, so any winger that is skilled will do just fine IMO.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Maybe his QA was too high. They could try to sign him to a cheaper deal still.
He's not a good player. The guy is supposed to be a high skill offensive player and has career highs of 10 goals and 27 points. He only has 64 career points in over 200 games. He's got size but he's softer than a baby's behind.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Maybe his QA was too high. They could try to sign him to a cheaper deal still.

Such an interesting guy.
Huge, some good potential... but hasn't put it together in the NHL.

If Calgary can't get one of the main targets I'd be interested in, then I'd be interested.

flames4eva

Jun 23, 2008
Which D would you be interested in? There are plenty of 3-5 D available in FA

Stone
Kulikov
Del Zotto
Smith
Franson

Stone and Kulikov have scary possession stat so not into it.
Del Zotto, Smith, and Franson are pretty good just depends on the price

Im also interested in Nesterov and Clendening who seem like great young options on the 3rd pairing. Wondering why they were not qualified.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Whoever it will be third pairing, so worrying about advanced stats is even more overrated than normal.

My choices in order:

1. Stone
2. Franson
3. Kulikov
4. Smith
5. Del Zotto

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Vanish...err Vanek is a FA, coming off a 48 point season. Anyone interested?

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Franson is a huge step up from Stone but would probably cost more. So I'm torn

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Vanish...err Vanek is a FA, coming off a 48 point season. Anyone interested?

He doesn't skate well or bring any other element to his game outside of offence.
I'd rather pay Versteeg cheap than Vanek.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
How about we sign the future star of the Democratic Republic of the Congo? Heard Bettman wants to expand to Kinshasa and form the Kinshasa Rebels. Heard he's a 6'9 260lbs pure muscle player that skates twice as fast as McDavid. The league would automatically give us the cup if we get him.:sarcasm:

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I'm starting to wonder if James Neal could be had for cheap at this point??? only 1 year left, however we'd have to find a way to ship Bouma or Stajan out given our cap situation.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm starting to wonder if James Neal could be had for cheap at this point??? only 1 year left, however we'd have to find a way to ship Bouma or Stajan out given our cap situation.

He's one of the Vegas faces already printed on the billboards and banners.
They need to draw some people in to watch that minstrel show for the first couple seasons.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
If Andrei Markov is available I think we should sign him for 1 year if Stone walks. Play him on the bottom pairing and let him help the youth develop.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

Knowing McPhee, he wouldn't cost much.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Ferland/Neal
Frolik - Backlund - Brouwer/Lazar
Tkachuk - Bennett - Neal/Ferland
Stajan - Jankowski - Lazar/Brouwer
Hathaway

Yes please.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015

Bouma and a 2025 4th. Done

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
He hasn't shown much in the NHL yet but does anyone think we could snag Crouse out of Phoenix? Him and Bennett played together in the O, could keep him happy. That Friedman report (2nd time he's said this...) that Bennett is ok with being traded etc... has me frustrated. On one hand I just want him to succeed but frankly im not totally loving the reports of his attitude relative to his play. He'd get better linemates if he actually played well enough to deserve them IMO.

Maybe bump him to Backlund-Frolik's wing and move Tkachuk up to the top line.

Tkachuk-Monahan-Gaudreau
Bennett-Backlund-Frolik
Ferland-Jankowski- FA (yakupov/Girgorenko/Versteeg)/Brouwer
Hathaway-Stajan- Bouma/Brouwer

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
If it's 1 year, he's going to be looking for 6 million+
That's a lot of change.

Yeah but assuming we have the cap space after a few other deals then we could sign him. That 6mil is more of a retirement fund for him.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
He hasn't shown much in the NHL yet but does anyone think we could snag Crouse out of Phoenix? Him and Bennett played together in the O, could keep him happy. That Friedman report (2nd time he's said this...) that Bennett is ok with being traded etc... has me frustrated. On one hand I just want him to succeed but frankly im not totally loving the reports of his attitude relative to his play. He'd get better linemates if he actually played well enough to deserve them IMO.

Maybe bump him to Backlund-Frolik's wing and move Tkachuk up to the top line.

Tkachuk-Monahan-Gaudreau
Bennett-Backlund-Frolik
Ferland-Jankowski- FA (yakupov/Girgorenko/Versteeg)/Brouwer
Hathaway-Stajan- Bouma/Brouwer

Lazar's spot. I like the idea of trying Tkachuk on the top line, he seems like a perfect fit, if one of him or Gaudreau can play the off wing. I'd like the next to lines like this:
Ferland-Backlund-Frolik
Jankowski-Bennett-Lazar

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah but assuming we have the cap space after a few other deals then we could sign him. That 6mil is more of a retirement fund for him.

That's a terrible idea. You don't pay$6 million for a bottom pairing guy. That absurd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad