Speculation: Armchair GM Thread: the madness continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I used to love Duchene. But honestly he reminds me a lot of Tanguay. Came into the league with tons of skill, all the talent to be an upper elite player. But is soft, inconsistent, has a questionable attitude and work ethic, and watch he will start moving teams every 2-3 years.

Totally agree with your assessment. A solid secondary piece to have on your club but not a guy I would want to build around.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Ryan Hartman would be an interesting guy to target if he has a good year next year. Possible Chicago doesn't end up with the money to re-sign him and has to sell him off at a discount.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Ryan Hartman would be an interesting guy to target if he has a good year next year. Possible Chicago doesn't end up with the money to re-sign him and has to sell him off at a discount.

Agreed. I've liked Hartman since his draft year.

That being said, I suspect Chicago tries to keep him on a bridge deal they can afford.

Man, even with Hossa being effectively LTIR'ed, Kruger gone, Keith on a sweetheart deal, the Hawks STILL have limited cap space available.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Agreed. I've liked Hartman since his draft year.

That being said, I suspect Chicago tries to keep him on a bridge deal they can afford.

Man, even with Hossa being effectively LTIR'ed, Kruger gone, Keith on a sweetheart deal, the Hawks STILL have limited cap space available.

Chicago is really ****ed up a tree. Their best case scenario is to do something like trade Panik and then sign Hartman to the Panik contract, which is a lateral move. If Hartman breaks out next year though and needs a big payday they virtually have no choice.

Their priority is also likely to keep Schmaltz, so that only further complicates things

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I'm fine with moving Bennett for the right price, but I don't think this is a good return for him. Armia and Roslovic are complimentary pieces at best: I think Armia's odds of becoming a legit second-line winger are about the same as Bennett's of becoming a legit first-line winger. Roslovic I'm likewise not sold on, I haven't followed him much since his draft year but if he's not actively making me pay attention like some recent draftees have, I don't think he's a good enough piece to include in a deal for a potential core piece. Chiarot is a nice throw-in, I think he's on the cusp of becoming a great #5, but it's not like we're hurting for defensemen.

Basically the way I think the deal breaks down is we give up a guy who has the potential to be one of the team's best players for guys who best case scenario end up being about as good as Frolik is now. If we were to trade Bennett I would want at least a guy who has the same sort of game-breaking potential.

I think you're selling Roslovic extremely short, but to each their own. Armia, to me, seems like a guy that could eventually replace Frolik.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Still makes me mad that the Hawks are getting away with the Hossa nonsense.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
gyjNRuX.png

Not trade proposal worthy, but just mentioning how Hamilton is extremely valuable to us and untouchable. GAR says Hamilton is a poor defensive player, but Hamilton's high danger impact on his team is fantastic. Giordano as well. Unfortunately Brodie has a liability impact, but that's because he got paired with Wideman and Engelland often. Also Stone is a great player eye test speaking but his high danger impact is poor as well. Hamonic also has a poor high danger impact, so I guess we'll see what happens when Brodie and Hamonic are paired together. Maybe Giordano-Hamonic and Brodie-Hamilton should be a pairing?

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
It'll be interesting to see what happens when the two 'liabilities' in Hamonic and Brodie play together...

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
gyjNRuX.png

Not trade proposal worthy, but just mentioning how Hamilton is extremely valuable to us and untouchable. GAR says Hamilton is a poor defensive player, but Hamilton's high danger impact on his team is fantastic. Giordano as well. Unfortunately Brodie has a liability impact, but that's because he got paired with Wideman and Engelland often. Also Stone is a great player eye test speaking but his high danger impact is poor as well. Hamonic also has a poor high danger impact, so I guess we'll see what happens when Brodie and Hamonic are paired together. Maybe Giordano-Hamonic and Brodie-Hamilton should be a pairing?

Who chose that font, I can't see ****.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
MM's gonna have a lot to say about this graph :laugh:

I agree though that Dougie is untouchable. I think he's the single biggest reason we were a playoff team last year, Backlund included.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
gyjNRuX.png

but why male models?

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
That graph is pretty obviously flawed. Just look at all the pairings that are magically side by side.

Hamilton is also among our most valuable assets and should be untouchable. As brian put it last year, players with his size, skating ability, and offensive touch come along so rarely. If he can add a bit of physicality to his game in the coming years he will undoubtedly become a strong #1 in the league.

Aug 3, 2010
That graph is pretty obviously flawed. Just look at all the pairings that are magically side by side.

Hamilton is also among our most valuable assets and should be untouchable. As brian put it last year, players with his size, skating ability, and offensive touch come along so rarely. If he can add a bit of physicality to his game in the coming years he will undoubtedly become a strong #1 in the league.

Care to explain how that's a flaw? That's like saying if you and your best friend are in the same car driving on the same road, do you expect only one or the other to feel it when the wheels hit a pothole?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Care to explain how that's a flaw? That's like saying if you and your best friend are in the same car driving on the same road, do you expect only one or the other to feel it when the wheels hit a pothole?
Just as bad as the analogy.

Which one's driving? Which one can avoid the pothole with enough skill?

Most of these must be looked at in conjunction with other stats - there isn't one magical graph that shows one player is better than another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00