Speculation: Armchair GM Thread Mk. II - Now Paging Derek Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Dolla

Jan 1, 2018
@JMarshyBosco93
Follow Follow @JMarshyBosco93
More
.@Senators & @NHLFlames News: I’m told that the #Sens & #Flames are working on a deal. The names of D TJ Brodie & RW Mark Stone keep coming up, not too sure if those will be the moving pieces. More to come.

apparently he got the Hoffman trade right ... so (crosses fingers)

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
@JMarshyBosco93
More
.@Senators & @NHLFlames News: I’m told that the #Sens & #Flames are working on a deal. The names of D TJ Brodie & RW Mark Stone keep coming up, not too sure if those will be the moving pieces. More to come.

Yeah, I dunno about this one.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
wow, if true, that'd be a huge win for us if it was simply Brodie for Stone. He's exactly what this team needs and though i feel Brodie will rebound, it's still worth it.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Stone
Tkachuk-Backlund-Bennett
Ferland-Janko-Frolik
(4th line)

I can easily get behind that.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
@JMarshyBosco93
More

Well he said that Hoffman was rumoured to be traded last night to a Western Canadian team. Pretty ambiguous considering most of the Hoffman's suitors at the deadline were from the West.

I hope he's right though. This forum would implode.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Well he said that Hoffman was rumoured to be traded last night to a Western Canadian team. Pretty ambiguous considering most of the Hoffman's suitors at the deadline were from the West.

I hope he's right though. This forum would implode.
All the comments to this post are leaning towards fake news, but at this point, I wouldn't be surprised by any deal coming out of Ottawa!

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I wouldn't say it would be a shocker to see Stone moved for Brodie. Brodie is a cost controlled top 4 dman, OTT would like that. in addition Stone needs a new deal which is going to cost a lot and OTT is in shambles. I get he's a very solid top line RW, but OTT would definitely want a solid player who can fit into their internal cap. If we had to add, I also wouldn't be surprised, but the basis of a deal is not a stretch if it involves Brodie.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Gonna have to add a lot to Brodie in order to land Mark Stone. Unlike Hoffman, he doesn't have any of that off ice baggage so there will be interest from about 30 other teams. He's also an absolutely elite player, seriously a Johnny level talent. He may well be traded or offer sheeted considering the gong show in OTT, but I can't see us being in the running.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
@JMarshyBosco93
More

giphy.gif

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Brodie + Fox + Mangiapane for Stone.

Brodie can be expendable, Fox is a dang good prospect but we have Valimaki/Andersson/Kylington, and Mangiapane is a good NHL ready winger for the Sens. We have Klimchuk who will be competing for a spot. This is a trade that we need to make if the Sens are yet again ready to make a bad trade.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011

Brodie can be expendable, Fox is a dang good prospect but we have Valimaki/Andersson/Kylington, and Mangiapane is a good NHL ready winger for the Sens. We have Klimchuk who will be competing for a spot. This is a trade that we need to make if the Sens are yet again ready to make a bad trade.
If this is what it takes, I would offer Klimchuk instead of Mangiapane. Stone is of the same ilk as Klimchuk. We wouldn't need two of them. Keep the more talented player in Mangiapane.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
If this is what it takes, I would offer Klimchuk instead of Mangiapane. Stone is of the same ilk as Klimchuk. We wouldn't need two of them. Keep the more talented player in Mangiapane.
Mangiapane > Klimchuk, which is why I offered Mangiapane.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015

A top 4 Dman, an A prospect, and a very good AHL talent. That's teetering closer to an overpayment than a steal. I would actually hate that deal a lot if Treliving did it

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
A top 4 Dman, an A prospect, and a very good AHL talent. That's teetering closer to an overpayment than a steal. I would actually hate that deal a lot if Treliving did it

You'd hate a deal that would help us get that #1 RW that we've been needing since Iginla was traded? I think the Flames have too much quantity, they need another quality player to push them over the top. And, if we can manage to do that without moving Hamilton that's a bonus.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I honestly think we just had a bad year. I truly think we make the playoffs and get past the 1st round next year. We simply under performed and had injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad