Speculation: Armchair GM Thread: Jagrbombs all around

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
From 3:10 onwards

While I was looking for the video, this came up and I completely forgot about this incident. Another one of his boyhood heroes ****ting on him.

Thanks for sharing that UC, I enjoyed watching it. I never knew that story about Duchene, with Colorado being his favorite team and then his idols shitting on him. Poor guy

For the second video, that's honestly a ridiculous statement by Roy and it really upsets me. It wasn't even a major celebration or anything, just a little jump and hand pump, some excitement from hitting a milestone, and then to tell the media about it, wow. At least keep that in doors or something. Can't imagine what he'd do with Yak or Ovi

Hope Duchene goes to a team with good management. He deserves better.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Like Calc said, the Flames have their core. Recently they added Dougie and Hamonic. We’ve drafted Monahan & Johnny, then Bennett and Tkachuk who we need to take another step. We want to keep Brodie and Backlund over Duchene all day long. Having guys on ELC’s like Janko, Dube, Fox, Valimaki, Anderson, that’s how we get the depth we need while not shooting ourselves in the foot like the Kings and Bruins. Getting Duchene will not help us in the long run, it will hurt us. We need Bennett and Tkachuk to take a step while playing for less money.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Imagine growing up being an Iginla fan, get drafted by the Flames only to have GM Iginla trying to trade you because he doesn't think you're any good :laugh:

Yeah, that's a tough pill to swallow for sure.

Mostly OT but Iginla would be a terrible GM. Guy is way too honest to do well in that business

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Mostly OT but Iginla would be a terrible GM. Guy is way too honest to do well in that business

Setting up the pay?

iginlaconfused2.jpg

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Bennett- Janko - one of our d prospects for Tavares

Gaudreau-tavares-ferland
Tkachuk- Monahan - jagr
Lazar - Backlund - Frolik
Versteeg - stajan- brouwer

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

Gaudreau-tavares-ferland
Tkachuk- Monahan - jagr
Lazar - Backlund - Frolik
Versteeg - stajan- brouwer

With the amount he's gonna cost to re-sign, hard pass. He makes the team better but he's not a necessity for the Flames.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
His salary will be difficult, but it would really give this team another dynamic to have two true superstars

Honestly, I think adding him basically means Backlund would be gone. I cannot see a scenario where Calgary can re-sign both, as well as Tkachuk the following year.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

I don't think the Isles make that move and unless we already have a deal in place I am not sure it is worth the risk of him leaving as he would have to take a discount to stay with this team.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Bennett + Monahan for Tavares with an extension? I'd do it. The best player Tavares has ever played with on NYI is probably Okposo. I think he and Johnny together would be similar to Benn and Seguin and score at a point a game+. Maybe we add a little more than that and they throw in a decent RW or something along those lines.

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
For a signed Tavares, I’d do Bennett + Jankowski + Rasmus + Brouwer (2 best prospects plus a young NHLer with high end potential and cap relief).

Automatically makes Calgary a cup contender and one of the deepest teams in the league.

Reactions: Flameshomer

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
The only way a Tavares deal makes sense is if Monahan's going back the other way. E.g. Monahan for Tavares who's agreed to an extension with Calgary

A prospect heavy deal makes no sense given there's this thing called a hard salary cap. Tavares will be making 9-10M on his next deal; so anything with Bennett as the primary piece, even with a cap dump just doesn't work. It'll end up costing the team a Backlund or Tkachuk which makes the deal even worse. Not to mention Bennett doesn't have that kind of value anyway; not enough to bring back a signed Tavares.

Then, there's the fact that neither Monahan nor Tavares are great skaters. So building a team around the both of them is folly. One of them? Sure, easily manageable. But both is a bad idea.

Finally, if the Islanders are trading Tavares it's because he obviously won't sign with them. That along with the fact that's he's a soon to be UFA means his value drops significantly. Monahan straight across would be far better that what most if not all teams could offer. I wouldn't offer anything on top of that.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
not to go all Valimakisushi but I would not trade Monahan for a more expensive LHS even if it's Tavares. We should be looking to acquire a RHS so that we don't need Versteeg on PP1. I would be thinking Bo Horvat.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Benning would have to be high as a kite to accept that offer. That would set Vancouver back a further 5 years

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Benning would have to be high as a kite to accept that offer. That would set Vancouver back a further 5 years

Are you implying Benning would have to be high as a kite to accept an offer containing a #1 Center Who Scored 30 Goals And Has 100+ Goals In Four Seasons And Has Hockey IQ And Wins Faceoffs And Darryl Sutter Called One Of The Premier Centers In the NHL for a #2 center and a prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad