Speculation: Armchair GM Thread: I can't believe it's not butter, I can't believe we didn't get Ryan Hartman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Bennett+Gillies+Klimchuk for Elias Lindholm

sVa5KJq.gif

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I wouldn't trade Bennett for Lindholm. :shrug:

I'm not a huge fan of it either, just because of other elements Sammy brings, and his upside that I still think exists.
On the flip side, I loved Lindholm in his draft year; and he's a righty. If we move Bennett, Reinhart or Lindholm would be my two targets for sure.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I was so high on Lindholm in 2013, I was almost sure he was who we were taking at 6OA. I looked through my old YouTube favourites the other day and there's so many Lindholm highlight packages in there that I had been glued to a few years ago. Could not be happier we ended up with Mony though

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I was so high on Lindholm in 2013, I was almost sure he was who we were taking at 6OA. I looked through my old YouTube favourites the other day and there's so many Lindholm highlight packages in there that I had been glued to a few years ago. Could not be happier we ended up with Mony though

All I watched was Barkov clips that draft. Wanted him so badly. Wanted lindholm over Mony too. Glad we ended up with Mony rather than Elias though. Barkov is still the dream

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I'm not a huge fan of it either, just because of other elements Sammy brings, and his upside that I still think exists.
On the flip side, I loved Lindholm in his draft year; and he's a righty. If we move Bennett, Reinhart or Lindholm would be my two targets for sure.

Lindholm is actually a very physical player, great at board battles and forecheck. Even if Bennett is more aggressive, Lindholm is a great player that I'd easily trade Bennett++ for.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
With rumors that he wants to come back to the NHL, I wonder what kind of deal Kovalchuk would be looking for. I would be up to giving him a big chunk on a 1 year deal after we get Backlund signed. No loss of assets and he comes off the books before Ferland and Tkachuk need to get paid.

Then again, I don’t know if there are teams out there willing to give him term. I doubt he wants to come to Calgary too. We could frame it as a 1 year highly paid deal where you get the opportunity to put up points playing with Gaudreau and Monahan, which will allow you to break the bank as an FA the following year. Tough sell though

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
For those who watch the Sens: is Bobby Ryan done? Like Dany Heatley level done? Or is there still a top 6 winger there somewhere?
That contract is godawful for sure and we all know what Burke thinks of him, but let's say:

:sens
Brouwer

:flames
Ryan ($2.5M retained)
+++

According to my calculations this would save Melnyk, the cheapest owner in the league, 10 million dollars in cash. What kind of assets is that worth to him? A decent prospect, if they have any? Can't imagine them trading more picks after the Duchene debacle but who knows? Flame away.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Brian Burke: Flames likely won't use draft picks to acquire rental player - Sportsnet.ca

“I think what we need is a winger who can score, but we’re going to get him back,” Burke said, referring to injured winger Kris Versteeg.

“We don’t have a lot of picks — we’re not picking until [the third round of the 2018 draft], so we can’t use the deadline to pick up a rental player with a relatively high pick,” he said. “We’re not going into [2019] picks … unless it’s an extraordinary circumstance.”

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I don't get your post, are you saying the Flames rushed Monahan?

Because that is just false, for a fact.

No Carolina rushed Lindholm. I'm just saying if we didn't rush Lindholm and supported him with more talent, he may have done better than following what Carolina did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln