Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Thinking about little add ons to make a Chychrun - Lundell trade less painful for FLA. Is there a cap dump that would alleviate the cap crunch, but not hurt the on-ice performance this year? Hornqvist and Montour are a couple ideas but they both seem to be contributing.

Whatever holes are created in the trade, the Yotes could send a UFA vet to patch the hole.

Eg.

Lundell
Hornqvist
2023 2nd

Chychrun
Larsson/Boyd (to skate in Lundell's spot)
Fischer/Kessel (to skate in Hornqvist's spot)

VijayPatel11

Mar 29, 2021
Sarasota, FL
Local Florida guy is saying Yotes are “set on” Lundell’s inclusion in a “massive” package that would include additional young assets.

Ridiculous.
Chychrun had a very good season last year. But I think that people need to realize that his actual skill level is somewhere between how he was last season, and how he is now.
No way in hell are the Panthers giving up a future 1C PLUS other good young assets, especially for a guy who, at least right now, doesn't appear to even be the best defenseman on the 2nd worst team in the league. That is crazy talk.

airbud

Dec 24, 2019
Thinking about little add ons to make a Chychrun - Lundell trade less painful for FLA. Is there a cap dump that would alleviate the cap crunch, but not hurt the on-ice performance this year? Hornqvist and Montour are a couple ideas but they both seem to be contributing.

Whatever holes are created in the trade, the Yotes could send a UFA vet to patch the hole.

Eg.

Lundell
Hornqvist
2023 2nd

Chychrun
Larsson/Boyd (to skate in Lundell's spot)
Fischer/Kessel (to skate in Hornqvist's spot)

0% chance we move lundell, less than 0. Pick any 3 of Tippet, Denisenko, Heponiemi, 2023 1st, Samoskevich, Ludvig.

Reactions: HockeyRulez

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
If Florida gets Chychrun they are over the cap next year and will need to sign 5 or 6 guys. Oh it only gets worse as Hubs is going to need an extention the year after. This move would be a 1 year all in or nothing because after that their depth is gone.

I have to wonder if all these leaks are to just drive up prices for acquiring teams

Salary would be moved out, obviously. If you're adding Chych, someone else becomes expendable. Maybe Montour

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Rangers probably offered:
1st 2021
Conditional 2nd
Vasili Kravtsov
Ryan Strome (probably gets flipped to another team via Arizona and I see it being a team willing to take 50%)
It is a YOUNG roster player. Replace Strome with Lafrenier/Miller/Schneider and that is in line with the reported offer.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil

200.gif

Reactions: More Cooley

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Ridiculous.
Chychrun had a very good season last year. But I think that people need to realize that his actual skill level is somewhere between how he was last season, and how he is now.
No way in hell are the Panthers giving up a future 1C PLUS other good young assets, especially for a guy who, at least right now, doesn't appear to even be the best defenseman on the 2nd worst team in the league. That is crazy talk.
I think the "Lundell plus other young assets" ask is just part of the negotiation.
I think Bill Armstrong wants Lundell and will not consider a deal to FLA if it doesn't include him.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
0% chance we move lundell, less than 0. Pick any 3 of Tippet, Denisenko, Heponiemi, 2023 1st, Samoskevich, Ludvig.
Other teams would beat those offers. That's fine with you and fine with me. I'm only posting about the Panthers because that's where the smoke is.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I don't think the offer is going to be massive. It would be cool to see but I think FL is offering Tippett + Samoskevich/Denisenko + 2023 1st and maybe Smilanic or something of that caliber because it is a 2023 pick

Reactions: HockeyRulez

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
For Florida, former 1st rounders would include: knight, Lundell, tippett, Denisenko , and samoskevich

I don’t see us parting with Lundell but I’d be ok with knight if it means chychrun. A top-4 of:

ekblad
Chychrun
Weegar
Forsling

Yes please. And he’s a south Florida kids, from my hometown of Boca

any of those two plus a conditional ‘23 1st would have to be the offer (the condition being if our pick this draft isn’t a top-10 pick they get the ‘23 1st, which is based on this years conditions meaning if by somehow we’re a bottom-10 pick then they’d get this years first, if not and we won’t then they’d get the ‘23. We already traded this years pick with those conditions for Reinhart). I still doubt Lundell, but I don’t think it’s impossible

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I can’t imagine Lundell being on the table. I concede that. It makes no sense for Florida to move him. As a Coyotes fan, I can appreciate that Lundell should be untouchable.

Now, I hope Florida fans can see that there is absolutely no package of futures that’s remotely appealing to Arizona that doesn’t include Lundell. If your “pick three” was actually just “here take ALL of these assets AND another 2nd”, it’s still obviously a very easy pass. Clearly not worth it at all.

Chychrun to Florida for any package not including Lundell is a giant loss for AZ. Any Chychrun to Florida package including Lundell is a huge loss for Florida.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Ridiculous.
Classic HFboards. Yes, Lundell is good and it would suck to part with him but you don't need to tear Chychrun down to make that point.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Keep in mind some salary needs to go the other way if it’s Florida. Vatrano, montour, or Hornqvist would have to be included.

Knight + Samoskevich + ‘23 1st + Vatrano

I still don’t think trading Lundell is 100% out of the question if they think chych will be as good on the panthers as we think he can be. Having Barkov for the next 8yrs make that decision at least a little easier, if so

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
If your “pick three” was actually just “here take ALL of these assets AND another 2nd”, it’s still obviously a very easy pass. Clearly not worth it at all.

I hope that Chyck gets dealt as long as it's not to the Panthers. Hopefully you get a 1st rounder plus a handful of reclamation projects for him. 8pts/-30 in 28 games doesn't warrant three first round picks, let alone Lundell who's more valuable than Chyk. Easy pass.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I don't see how they compare, Buffalo fans were calling for Risto to get moved for years. Risto is a one dimensional player, Chychrun is absolutely a top pairing guy, even though he plays on one of the worst teams in the league.
Chych isn't a top pairing D. He had 19 goals last year but didn't get the tough assignments on D. He is getting tough assignments this year and getting smoked on D. Last year Goligoski was his D partner and covered for him on D more, but they were the 3/4 D combo, didn't get the toughest assignments. This year Chych has been playing 1D with Busch, he now sees what OEL went through having a crappy D partner, but OEL was much better on D. Chych is a young 3d on a great contract with top pairing potential, if and only if he gets better on D. Also keep in mind he is often injured and has had major knee surgery on both knees, he is an injury risk.

I have been saying the Coyotes will get a first round pick, young prospect/player with potential and parts. BA won't get a return as high as many folks think he will get in this thread.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I can’t imagine Lundell being on the table. I concede that. It makes no sense for Florida to move him. As a Coyotes fan, I can appreciate that Lundell should be untouchable.

Now, I hope Florida fans can see that there is absolutely no package of futures that’s remotely appealing to Arizona that doesn’t include Lundell. If your “pick three” was actually just “here take ALL of these assets AND another 2nd”, it’s still obviously a very easy pass. Clearly not worth it at all.

Chychrun to Florida for any package not including Lundell is a giant loss for AZ. Any Chychrun to Florida package including Lundell is a huge loss for Florida.

I agree. There just isn't a deal to be made between Arizona and Florida.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad