Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Chychrun would definitely sign after his current contract and may find another gear beyond last year in Florida. I think Zito stacks up other value in the deal and refuses to put Lundell in.

I certainly hope you're correct

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
It would be incredibly ballsy to trade their first, but I wonder if the Devils get involved here.

Devils could put something like Zacha + Smith + 2021 first (top 5 or lottery protected) on the table pretty easily. I wouldn't completely rule out including Holtz or Mukhmadullin either.

A defense of Chychrun - Hamilton; Siegenthaler - Severson; Graves going into next season would be solid. Chychrun - Hamilton long term for 13.6 million total could be a solid top pairing.
THERE YOU GO!

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
christ, youd think Chychrun won 2 Norrises seeing what people would give up for him.... The guy is having an absolutely awful season.

On an almost historically bad team. He's a 23 year old top pairing defenseman making only 4.6M a year, put him on a team with a foundation and a system in place and a good locker room and a healthy atmosphere and I bet he suddenly starts to look a lot less awful.

Reactions: bh53

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
People are really stretching the concept of what the offer construct was. Anybody can include a couple of former disappointing firsts who are now 24 years old and their own late 20’s overall pick and say they’ve “met the guidelines”.

I don’t believe that is the genuine message of what is being portrayed here and honestly - whether or not you think Chychrun is overrated at this point - I absolutely believe the haul is going to stun people who think he’s going to be had for anything less than a package that will make fans of the other team cry a bit. And I absolutely think on a good team Chychrun is going to look like a freaking beast.

The Coyotes still suck obviously but Armstrong has shown that he’s going to extract real value in deals for his core players. A 23 year-old top pairing defender is not being traded because he doesn’t fit the timeline or is too expensive or has demanded out - he’s being traded because he’s trade value is immense and Armstrong is aware of this.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If you can get Lundell or Knight from Florida you go with that offer even if the 1st will be in 23 and late. If they aren't on the table I don't see how Florida gets it done.

If Columbus offered Chicago/Columbus 22 1st, whichever is later, + Ceulemans + Foudy I think I would take that. I would try to pry Chinakhov instead of Foudy but I don't know if they would pry with him. I would assume Sillinger and Johnson would be off limits if the pick was top 10.

Reactions: Nowotny

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
On an almost historically bad team. He's a 23 year old top pairing defenseman making only 4.6M a year, put him on a team with a foundation and a system in place and a good locker room and a healthy atmosphere and I bet he suddenly starts to look a lot less awful.

I’m having 8 years of Ristolainen flashbacks

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
If Florida gets Chychrun they are over the cap next year and will need to sign 5 or 6 guys. Oh it only gets worse as Hubs is going to need an extention the year after. This move would be a 1 year all in or nothing because after that their depth is gone.

I have to wonder if all these leaks are to just drive up prices for acquiring teams

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
That’s fair. Not sure why the Panthers would need to make such a big move anyways. Things are going amazingly well.

It's a short term/long term move. Chychrun would likely be the replacement for Weegar when his contract comes due after next season. The Panthers will be hard pressed to stay under the cap to get both him and Huberdeau resigned.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
good news is this rules out Tampa since i dont think we have any more former first rounders to trade other than Foote and Sergachev

Reactions: VoluntaryDom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad