Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Do you have any quotes from insiders stating Lundell is off the table? I'd be happy to change my viewpoint if I'm missing information but I don't trade Chychrun to Florida without Lundell in the conversation, makes no sense.

Even the Schneider conversations make very limited sense to me. I think we have to get a center with 2c+ upside back. Turcotte is the lowest asset mentioned with that upside, I doubt Arizona adds anything and will require the general condition of young roster player with high upside, A level prospect, and a 1st. CBJ makes a lot of sense, they have a pick that sits in the range of centers with that kind of upside and Sillinger was a name heavily associated with the Coyotes.

Lundell and Florida are best suited to win Chychrun because the need and asset is there, followed by CBJ, LAK, NYR, in that order. I'm happy to agree that if Florida wont include Lundell, there is no deal to be made, but I'm thinking he is.
Sure. I'll give you the following:
  1. Main TV guy: Steve Goldstein on Twitter: "@TheShaunyMac424 No" / Twitter
    1. For reference, he notes that Knight could be on the table: Steve Goldstein on Twitter: "@irashanes @jared16sanders Would be very tough to part with Spencer" / Twitter
  2. Main media guy: George Richards on Twitter: "@cbrolund Buy it? No." / Twitter
  3. Second most important media guy: David Dwork on Twitter: "Episode 48 of @ChirpingTheCats has dropped, featuring the great @LindsayBHockey! What makes the Panthers so good Are road struggles a concern? Andrew Brunette job analysis Chychrun rumors, potential fit, Weegar angle and why Lundell is nonstarter https://t.co/Sa47XG1pzq" / Twitter
The first two are the most connect sources with the team that leak information. Goldy was providing updates throughout the Reinhart signing. Media+team is quite close in Florida compared to other markets.

Of course, Arizona would be crazy not to trade JC for Lundell if available, but all the sources say nope.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Looking like Arz want Lundell and Panthers wont do that. Makes sense on both sides.

Would probably look something like Tipett+Denisenko+1st, if they reached a deal. And +Juolevi if panthers would be waiving him anyways

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
Looking like Arz want Lundell and Panthers wont do that. Makes sense on both sides.

Would probably look something like Tipett+Denisenko+1st, if they reached a deal. And +Juolevi if panthers would be waiving him anyways
Yep, atleast for the Coyotes their is 30 other teams that will offer something better than that offer.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
32 Thoughts: A lesson to learn

Friedman thinks L.A. and New York are out. Carolina mentioned in the perfect present tense. Whether the Canes are seriously in on Chychrun and not just on the periphery looking to buy low as was the case with Eichel is the question. If it's the former, I'll take a different track here. As hard as it would be to stomach, I'd understand if they gave up Jarvis for him.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Friedman thinks L.A. and New York are out. Carolina mentioned in the perfect present tense. Whether the Canes are seriously in on Chychrun and not just on the periphery looking to buy low as was the case with Eichel is the question. If it's the former, I'll take a different track here. As hard as it would be to stomach, I'd understand if they gave up Jarvis for him.
And as much as trading Chychrun for a tiny winger makes me want to puke, I’d have to understand that Jarvis isn’t just any tiny winger. He’s a legit blue-chip. I’d MUCH rather just hang onto Chychrun. But if for whatever bizarre reason we have to trade him, I could see Jarvis being the best single piece the Yotes could pry away from another team. He’s obviously more appealing than Knight or Vilardi or even Neighbors, probably.

rt

May 13, 2004

How do you make the cap work? Ian Cole? Along with Seth Jarvis? AZ is also supposedly asking for a top prospect and a 1st along with the good young roster player (Jarvis). So maybe that’s Scott Morrow? And AZ already has Carolina’s ‘22 1st, so I guess that has to be the ‘23 1st?

That kinda sorta looks like the kinda thing you’d expect in a Chychrun trade to me. Jarvis, Morrow, a 1st and a dump. Right?

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
How do you make the cap work? Ian Cole? Along with Seth Jarvis? AZ is also supposedly asking for a top prospect and a 1st along with the good young roster player (Jarvis). So maybe that’s Scott Morrow? And AZ already has Carolina’s ‘22 1st, so I guess that has to be the ‘23 1st?

That kinda sorta looks like the kinda thing you’d expect in a Chychrun trade to me. Jarvis, Morrow, a 1st and a dump. Right?

Multiple 1st round grade assets on top of him feels a little dubious. There's a difference between "top prospect" and leaguewide top prospect, which Jarvis is. If he's made available, and I'm not advocating for this (just saying I'd understand if they wanted to go that direction), he'd represent the bulk of the value in the return. There shouldn't be a huge difference between how he's valued and someone like Lundell. Yeah, he's below the 6 ft line, but he makes up for it with his motor. The door is not closed on him playing center at the NHL level because of how hard he competes.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Multiple 1st round grade assets on top of him feels a little dubious. There's a difference between "top prospect" and leaguewide top prospect, which Jarvis is. If he's made available, and I'm not advocating for this (just saying I'd understand if they wanted to go that direction), he'd represent the bulk of the value in the return. There shouldn't be a huge difference between how he's valued and someone like Lundell. Yeah, he's below the 6 ft line, but he makes up for it with his motor. The door is not closed on him playing center at the NHL level because of how hard he competes.
This. If @rt is going to put his expectations at Lundell or Jarvis + other premium assets, he will never be satisfied. Better to just ignore him and only respond to people who live in reality.

rt

May 13, 2004
This. If @rt is going to put his expectations at Lundell or Jarvis + other premium assets, he will never be satisfied. Better to just ignore him and only respond to people who live in reality.
You’re making crap up. I have never expected Lundell, and have consistently said I didn’t believe he was on the table. I never have. I responded to a Canes fan who had already offered Jarvis.

You should ignore me and until you learn to read. Spend your time with that first.

rt

May 13, 2004
How about if AZ retains 50% on Chychrun? Does that make up the value-gap? Allows Carolina to keep another piece they might otherwise have to lose.

Chychrun (50%) & Travis Boyd for Ian Cole (dump), Seth Jarvis, Scott Morrow and a ‘23 1st?

Boyd has been playing C full-time in AZ and has 10g 10a in 33gp so far. He should be able to replace just for this one season, what Carolina is losing in Jarvis. He’s right at 700k aav prior to proration.

I’m assuming Cole is a dump. He’s 7th among CAR D in EVTOI/GP - I see he’s getting PK mins but not on the 1st unit. He may not be terrible or terribly overpaid, but adding Chychrun probably drops him out of the regular lineup. Chychrun at 50% drops him to 2.3aav prior to proration. Cole
Is 2.9aav prior to proration.

Last edited:

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
How about if AZ retains 50% on Chychrun? Does that make up the value-gap? Allows Carolina to keep another piece they might otherwise have to lose.

Chychrun (50%) & Travis Boyd for Ian Cole (dump), Seth Jarvis, Scott Morrow and a ‘23 1st?

Boyd has been playing C full-time in AZ and has 10g 10a in 33gp so far.
Jarvis, Morrow and a first next year are ALOT of futures for a team to give up, especially since they don't have a first this year. As mentioned by the poster who quoted the 32 thoughts article, they weren't sure if this was the Canes looking at a buy low scenario, so I can't imagine they would want to give that up.

Carolina also doesn't really have any bad contracts, and they have a lot of higher cap hits coming off the books this season, so I don't think they would be that desperate to give up Jarvis ++ just to save 2.6M

rt

May 13, 2004
Jarvis, Morrow and a first next year are ALOT of futures for a team to give up, especially since they don't have a first this year. As mentioned by the poster who quoted the 32 thoughts article, they weren't sure if this was the Canes looking at a buy low scenario, so I can't imagine they would want to give that up.

Carolina also doesn't really have any bad contracts, and they have a lot of higher cap hits coming off the books this season, so I don't think they would be that desperate to give up Jarvis ++ just to save 2.6M
They aren’t giving up Jarvis to save 2.6 million. Tell me that’s not now your brain works, man.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
They aren’t giving up Jarvis to save 2.6 million. Tell me that’s not now your brain works, man.
Wow thanks for being constructive in your response.

I understand they're not giving up Jarvis to save 2.6M. What I said is Carolina is not in a position where they're cap crunched and need Chychrun to come at a retained cost, and there for the reduction might not warrant them adding multiple first round picks such as Morrow and next years 1st on top of a blue chip asset like Jarvis.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

rt

May 13, 2004
Wow thanks for being constructive in your response.

I understand they're not giving up Jarvis to save 2.6M. What I said is Carolina is not in a position where they're cap crunched and need Chychrun to come at a retained cost, and there for the reduction might not warrant them adding multiple first round picks such as Morrow and next years 1st on top of a blue chip asset like Jarvis.
Every team in the NHL is cap crunched enough to want a first pairing D at 2.3aav. They spend to the cap like everyone else.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
If nobody puts in an attractive enough offer, just wait and trade him in the off-season, in particularly after Lindholm has been signed by whoever.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

Boyd has been playing C full-time in AZ and has 10g 10a in 33gp so far. He should be able to replace just for this one season, what Carolina is losing in Jarvis. He’s right at 700k aav prior to proration.

I’m assuming Cole is a dump. He’s 7th among CAR D in EVTOI/GP - I see he’s getting PK mins but not on the 1st unit. He may not be terrible or terribly overpaid, but adding Chychrun probably drops him out of the regular lineup. Chychrun at 50% drops him to 2.3aav prior to proration. Cole
Is 2.9aav prior to proration.

In 9 years since it was introduced, we have seen long-term retention to facilitate a trade, but not explicitly to increase value. Maybe it’s possible in the flat cap environment, but until it happens, it’s a pretty unrealistic hypothetical. Carolina can afford Chychrun short-term (an expiring Bear is the more likely dump) and long-term.

LeBrun insinuated that they didn’t make Jarvis available for Eichel a few months back. It’s hard to get a read on if he’d actually be on the table to begin with, hence my comment on just how serious the team is here; Ryan Suzuki++ is not going to cut it, you have to concede, if they are legit in it. I can’t buy Carolina making meaningful adds to him and given his quality, I doubt Arizona would have an alternative that would require them.

Last edited:

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
Has there ever been a trade where a top 20 pick gets traded in his +1 draft year, when he is scoring 0.7 points in a game from the 3rd line, plays top penalty kill, is +16 and plays very strong 2 - way game?
Yeah, you are not getting Lundell.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
That's me, @rt has had his eyes set lower. And for what it's worth, Lundell is the only player that isn't a Barkov/Hubs/etc that I'd want from Florida. I'm fine acknowledging he won't be traded, but anything short of Lundell is a huge loss for Arizona in my eyes.

-----

Jarvis is fine. I wouldn't hate it but if we draft 2oa and have 3 sub 5'11 guys, and 3 sub 6' guys in our top 9, I'm worried we're going to have a rough time come playoffs.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Thought I saw it reported Kings and NYR are out on Chychrum for now. Can't find the link now that i'm looking for it.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Thought I saw it reported Kinds and NYR are out on Chychrum for now. Can't find the link now that i'm looking for it.
Wasn’t that in Friedman’s 32 thoughts… I could be wrong, but I seem to remember reading the same thing somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad