Speculation: Are the Bruins a playoff team in 2023?

Are the Bruins a playoff team in 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 132 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 43 24.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Hard to believe looking back that 42 people voted no here. It was never like we were Edmonton and McDavid and Draisaitl were out for the first several weeks.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I don’t think people are factoring in the new coach bump enough

Almost every nhl team gets a initial boost from a new coach

The players want to prove there worth to the coach and a new system brings new energy

Bruins will survive without 63 and 73 just fine

Infact I think they will be in 1st place in the Atlantic when both return at Thanksgiving
WOW. Reading this now it is an amazing prediction! I am so happy you were correct!

Not only a playoff team, but a serious cup contender
Good Call @NeelyDan

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
This did not age well. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I looked through to see what bad takes I had but apparently I didn't post in the thread until the end and that was just responding to someone else.

I don't mind being wrong though. I still want to create a browser extension that automatically deletes every post I made between April and October 2022 containing the words "Cassidy", "Ullmark" "Debrusk" or "Sweeney" though.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
If both 37\46 don't comeback I wouldn't put it that high. You can see the growth with Buffalo and Ottawa taking place right now. So minus your top 2 C, it will be tougher
for certain. If they win it all people won't really care about a ST retool, they will tolerate it for certain.
That is a great point. Much of my optimism comes from a report that Bergy was coming back. I actually consider Krejci out in the scenario, but pray that Zacha's improved play would continue in the middle.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
It is fun to go back and read who said a hard "NO".

They have surprised many.
Even more amazing to see who said a hard "YES". @NeelyDan @Alicat @13Hockey and of course @The don godfather were positive on this team right from the start. Just goes to show how crazy sports can be and how you never know. The Pats' various game heroics and comebacks are a prime example.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Once Krejci/Bergeron returned and especially with the heist of Zacha it should have been clear. That saved the season (and beyond in hindsight).

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Even more amazing to see who said a hard "YES". @NeelyDan @Alicat @13Hockey and of course @The don godfather were positive on this team right from the start. Just goes to show how crazy sports can be and how you never know. The Pats' various game heroics and comebacks are a prime example.
My gut told me we were going to be much better than everyone in the media was saying especially once it was announced Krejci and Bergy were back. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect this.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Last year the 8 playoff teams in the East all hit the 100-point mark and I think that is unlikely for 2023.

The Bruins' issue is they might not have their entire roster back until the Winter Classic. Maintaining 107 points will be a challenge.

Can they be a Top 3 in the Atlantic? :dunno:

If not can they hold on to Atlantic 4 and secure a Wild Card :dunno: The Metro will be stronger next year with the Islanders back to a normal schedule, Philly will be better and Columbus went all in yesterday. Pittsburgh and Washington are in the same place as the Bruins.

But given that the Bruins will be shorthanded for the first 2-3 months of the season Atlantic 4 might be hard to maintain. Ottawa is going to be much better, Buffalo played well in the second half last year and Detroit could be dangerous.

Fasten your seat belts

I must have had July sun stroke when I started this thread :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad