Speculation: Are the Bruins a playoff team in 2023?

Are the Bruins a playoff team in 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 132 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 43 24.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I get it but there something brewing with those rebuilding teams. I don't feel safe anymore lol...
I feel ya. The concern for me is that those rebuilding teams are going to level the playing field more in terms of points. The Bs have been pretty reliant on regular season points against non-playoff teams, so this coming season the games against the likes of Ottawa, Detroit, and Buffalo will be tougher to get points against in what will likely be a dog fight for the wildcard spots. Since the Bs are starting off hamstrung that makes points at even more of a premium. Throw in the fact that the Metro should be tougher this season, that makes it even tougher for the Bs to grab a WC spot. Doesn't matter one iota to me if Ottawa et al are projected to be playoff teams or not. What matters to me is that they are going to be tougher for the Bs to get points off of in a season in which there is not going to be much room for error in securing a playoff spot.

Best case scenario the Bs somehow light the world on fire and finish in the top three in the Atlantic. I wouldn't completely rule that out.

Reactions: Blowfish

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Coach Montgomery shared his plans for the top 6: Jim Montgomery shares his early plan for Bruins' top 2 lines
He did, but he also left some doors open and how they play will determine things. I mean we all know the Hall Krejci Pasta line is an inevitable no brainer to start the year, and for all we know Krejci might have asked for assurances to get that starting shot in order to return, but it'll have to produce dividends to stay together.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
I'd rather miss the playoffs than lose to Toronto in round 1. I wouldn't be able to deal with Leafs fans nonsense

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Kulikov trade for futur considerations at 2.25mil, he s a better option than Reilly, Grezlyck and Forbort, so if Bruins are thinking they can trade those 3 plugs for something they re comlletely wrong

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Kulikov trade for futur considerations at 2.25mil, he s a better option than Reilly, Grezlyck and Forbort, so if Bruins are thinking they can trade those 3 plugs for something they re comlletely wrong
Yeah but we'd have to listen to Jack Edwards say Kul-YEE-Kov some 78 games a season.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
They were the 3rd best team in the league after January 1. They're adding Krejci and Lindholm for a whole season. Marchand will be back by Halloween, missing just 9 games.

Montgomery will have them competing for the division title.

That's wishful thinking while wearing pink glasses and holding a pitcher of kool-aid.

Things have changed, teams have improved, the Conference as improved.
1b36qa.jpg

Reactions: Alicat and PB37

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They are injured , have no depth, and are older, slower and mediocre. Three or four of the teams behind them got much better. We shall see if I am "wrong about many things." I was wrong about DK, but the other stuff, I will be right. Just watch.
I watched

This thread is fantastic

@MarchysNoseKnows crushed this

I was in a little break so wasn’t even able to read this

Stumbled across today

It’s like my dream thread

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
honestly can`t recall what I predicted, I think I felt back then that they were going to be in tough just staying afloat until the walking wounded returned but that was hardly a ground breaking prediction

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Someone said it best in another thread.

This season is like in baseball where in preseason they run teams through a 1000 simulations to predict where they finish.

And in like 5 of those simulations absolutely everything went right and a team runs the table.

Bruins are having one of those outlier simulation seasons play out irl.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Why on earth would you think he is better than gryz? I also don’t think he is better than any of the players named. But especially gryz.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
It's hard to be incredibly confident without seeing how the offseason remake goes, but we talk about it all the time;
Ullmark and Swayman in Net
McAvoy and Lindholm anchoring the D likely with Carlo too.
And our top 6 will remain full just not clear with who. I like our prospects and opportunity with value FAs enough to support these horses. I would say our odds are better then 70%. Possibly 80%.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
They were the 3rd best team in the league after January 1. They're adding Krejci and Lindholm for a whole season. Marchand will be back by Halloween, missing just 9 games.

Montgomery will have them competing for the division title.
Nailed it. Marchand played Oct 27.

Reactions: 13Hockey

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
It's hard to be incredibly confident without seeing how the offseason remake goes, but we talk about it all the time;
Ullmark and Swayman in Net
McAvoy and Lindholm anchoring the D likely with Carlo too.
And our top 6 will remain full just not clear with who. I like our prospects and opportunity with value FAs enough to support these horses. I would say our odds are better then 70%. Possibly 80%.

If both 37\46 don't comeback I wouldn't put it that high. You can see the growth with Buffalo and Ottawa taking place right now. So minus your top 2 C, it will be tougher
for certain. If they win it all people won't really care about a ST retool, they will tolerate it for certain.

Reactions: HustleB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad