Speculation: Are the Bruins a playoff team in 2023?

Are the Bruins a playoff team in 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 132 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 43 24.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I mean who knows, but double hip surgery isnt ideal especially for a professional athlete at his age. I dont think he will be better. It would be hard for him to be better than what he was the past few years even if healthy. Could he be better than the end of last year when you could tell he was ailing, sure. Its just tough to know how long its been affecting him because the start of the year he was great.
I just dont see how a guy on two repaired hips would be worse than the same guy on two busted hips. But again I have no idea how it works.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
just so many question marks, one of my biggest concerns is , of course, how do the healthy players keep things afloat in the absence of such key pieces being out for as long as they will be to start the year?

When those recovering from surgery do return, how long will it take for any or all of them to feel comfortable and in game shape? That too could be another month after a return.

How does DK look after a year away?

Should be interesting, fun though? Dunno
I'm not worried about DK. He didn't take a year off of hockey and he'll be playing with Hall and Pastrnak insetad of guys like Kullman and Bjork

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I think they squeeze into 4th or 3rd by seasons end, and with some luck the guys that come back late - a reason they struggle in the first place - are rested and propel them deep into the playoffs.

I can see them winning the cup if they can get past the second round (momentum and confidence, desire to do whatever it takes due to 2019, especially the following: Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, McAvoy)

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I'm not worried about DK. He didn't take a year off of hockey and he'll be playing with Hall and Pastrnak insetad of guys like Kullman and Bjork
For a guy at his age to get reps in a league and not have to play a more physical type of hockey over 82 games + playoffs, I think it might actually bode well for him health wise.

The question will for sure be can he get back to the pace of play demanded in the NHL, and with his hockey iq im not sure that'll be a problem either.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Islanders are going nowhere and I doubt Tampa with Point, Kucherov& Vasy are at WC, or the Rangers with Trocheck at 2C and the kids with more experience under their belt.

As I said in trade rumours I have 5 quaranteed playoff teams in the East.

Tampa
Toronto
Florida
Carolina
Rangers

Then Boston, Ottawa, Was, Pens, Columbus fighting for the last 3.
It’s going to be a fight especially with the injuries
We jump the rags no problemo. Book it!

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I wouldn't be surprised to see 70ish points from both Hall and Krejci with Pasta at 90ish as long as they all stay healthy.
I think that is a little optimistic but not out of the realm of possibility. I'd be thrilled if it happened though....

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised to see 70ish points from both Hall and Krejci with Pasta at 90ish as long as they all stay healthy.
They’d need pasta to score about 50 and hall to score about 40 because we know krejci isn’t putting up 30+.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
They’d need pasta to score about 50 and hall to score about 40 because we know krejci isn’t putting up 30+.

I wouldn't expect Krejci to hit 30+ goals, especially since he's never been close to being a 30 goal scorer before in his career.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I wouldn't expect Krejci to hit 30+ goals, especially since he's never been close to being a 30 goal scorer before in his career.
I know but for them to get those point totals, hall and pasta are going to have to both be around 40 and 50 goals. Lofty expectations

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I’m not forgetting those. 230 points by a 2nd line where the center doesn’t score a lot of goals is a lot. Especially when all 3 won’t be on the top PP unit.

With the injuries, The top-PP to start the year could be:

Bergeron
Pasta
Hall
Krejci
DeBrusk

Hall playing the Marchand role.
Krejci playing the McAvoy spot.

They could also split two squad.

But what I meant, is they won’t get their possible estimated 230pts by playing with each other 5 on 5 on a line with only these 3 scoring the goals.

Points will come from everywhere. 5 on 5. PP. D scoring. Etc.

And btw, if these 3 play together, it’s not the 2nd line but the top line.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Last time Krejci hit 70 points, it was with DeBrusk ( 27 ) and a rotating cast of wingers.

Hall: 25/45
Krejci: 20/50
Pasta: 45/50

My optimistic, wouldn't be surprised if it happens forecast.
Ok has krejci ever been on a line where the forwards put up 200 combined points much less 230?

I think the closest was lucic-krejci-Horton who put up 175.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Ok has krejci ever been on a line where the forwards put up 200 combined points much less 230?

I think the closest was lucic-krejci-Horton who put up 175.
He's never worked a full season with a goal scoring point machine in his prime like Pasta before. And his short stint with Hall showed a glimpse of what they can do together in creating offense.

Reactions: Ladyfan

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
We are all making a fair bit of an assumption that it'll be totally similar to Cassidy's line up. New coach, there's always the possibility he comes up with entirely new line combinations, especially considering the injuries. Zacha's play might end up determining a lot of who actually ends up playing with who.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Boston will be a fun team to watch this season. Early on we will get to see some development of younger players at all positions. The play will be far more interesting and exciting.

What worries me is the vast improvement with Buffalo, Detroit, and Ottawa. It won't be easy for any team in the Atlantic. I wouldn't be surprised one or more teams (Florida, Toronto, Boston) don't make the playoffs.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I have been missing hockey so on a few hot humid days of late I have been watching the 2011 Bs/Nucks series.

So far, I watched games 3 and 4 and I have game 6 on now. That Bs team was unreal. Most of us did not realize how very good that team was during the regular season.

I mean I did not see how good players like Michael Ryder would be. He quietly had a great playoff season. He seemed to be in the right place most of the time.

Bergy and Brad started on the path to their terrific partnership that is still around today. Who would have guessed how excellent Marchy would be? How could you not love that duo?

Looch, Shawn T, a younger Big Z, Quaider were as tough as they come.

Timmy Thomas as humble of a net minder as I have ever seen especially vs Luongo who seemed overconfident at the start.

Everyone contributed.

The best team won for sure. I think we all fell in love with this team. It seems the players have a bond that will last forever

Reactions: PB37

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Boston will be a fun team to watch this season. Early on we will get to see some development of younger players at all positions. The play will be far more interesting and exciting.

What worries me is the vast improvement with Buffalo, Detroit, and Ottawa. It won't be easy for any team in the Atlantic. I wouldn't be surprised one or more teams (Florida, Toronto, Boston) don't make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad