Rumor: Are Sharks interested in Malkin?

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
When did I say otherwise? Oh that's right I didn't. I was just saying that with that much turnover, you're won't get desired results right away.

Right, right. I meant that in previous years, the Sharks have had little turnover, and obviously hadn't gotten desired results right away.

Let's stray away from conventional thinking, since it hasn't worked at all for the Sharks.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Right, right. I meant that in previous years, the Sharks have had little turnover, and obviously hadn't gotten desired results right away.

Let's stray away from conventional thinking, since it hasn't worked at all for the Sharks.

Plus most roster turn overs don't involve one of the top 5 players in the league...

I'm sorry, I get the argument, but Malkin guarantee's the playoffs as much or more than Thornton.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
If Shero is reactionary enough to trade Malkin for Pavelski and Burns, DW should take that and run.

Malkin is a relatively young player and is one of the best players in the league. You generally do well in a trade if you are acquiring the best player. Plus, Malkin's contract is a positive, not a negative.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
If Shero is reactionary enough to trade Malkin for Pavelski and Burns, DW should take that and run.

Malkin is a relatively young player and is one of the best players in the league. You generally do well in a trade if you are acquiring the best player. Plus, Malkin's contract is a positive, not a negative.

Only concern with Malkin is that he has only played 2 full seasons in like an 8 year career.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

I think moving on from Thornton and Marleau and Boyle is a pretty big step if that's what it comes too.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

In some things we can stray away from conventional thinking but it'd be nice if we stuck to the conventional thinking of a strong blue line can take you far in the playoffs. This team's blue line has been pretty weak and imbalanced for years now.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
In some things we can stray away from conventional thinking but it'd be nice if we stuck to the conventional thinking of a strong blue line can take you far in the playoffs. This team's blue line has been pretty weak and imbalanced for years now.

Trade for Malkin, flip em for Shea Weber :naughty:

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
I'd do Pavelski+Burns without blinking. I'd be willing to throw in other tertiary pieces as well if they are seen as needs to get it done.

Hopefully the blue-line can be addressed a little bit through FA and shored up at the trade deadline with prospects for a rental. I just don't see a lot of great available blue-liners out there right now for the Sharks to acquire.

Eighth Fret

Jan 11, 2011
The cost to trade for Malkin would leave us worse off than we are now. Unless Malkin's fallen out of favor with management, which I doubt, and we get him at a discount, I don't think it's even worth discussing.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
The problem with trading Couture or Pavelski for Malkin is that Malkin is not good defensively

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
I'd certainly do Pavelski+Burns for Malkin, but I think the Penguins would be looking for youth. Pavs and Burns are both older than Malkin. It would have to involve Couture and probably one of Hertl/Nieto, which is a bit steep for my liking.

An offer I thought of that I think would be fair is Couture+Demers+1st+2nd for Malkin. Adding Demers softens the blow of losing Niskanen for them, and they get a quality young center and two high picks in a good draft.

Maybe that wouldn't be enough but that's about as far as I'd be willing to go. It's not worth completely gutting our forward depth or mortgaging our future.

YinzAintBurgh*

Pens fan in peace. Malkin is going no where.

Scuderi and Neal for Pavelski and Burns.

You need a puck moving left defensemen and right wing. Replace the point production from center and move it to right wing. Looking at your lineup surprised you have nobody at rw. Just a bunch of centers and left wings. You get youth Neal is 3 years younger and can replace Pavelski on top pp unit.

What do you say? :)

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area

You need a puck moving left defensemen and right wing. Replace the point production from center and move it to right wing. Looking at your lineup surprised you have nobody at rw. Just a bunch of centers and left wings. You get youth Neal is 3 years younger and can replace Pavelski on top pp unit.

I know you' come in peace so I'll be nice. No thanks.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

I don't think that's a fair offer...Scuderi is hardly valuable as a puck moving defenseman or anything really. It's practically Neal for Pavelski+Burns.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007

Not even remotely interested. We'd be a substantially worse team after that.

I would say in fact it addresses no real needs for us.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Swap Scuderi for Letang and it's a maybe. :shakehead

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Yes we'd love a d-man who got outscored by Stuart and Hannan. Not to mention Neal is a punk who would get suspended 3-4 times a year if he was on the Sharks instead of the league darling Pens.

YinzAintBurgh*

I don't think that's a fair offer...Scuderi is hardly valuable as a puck moving defenseman or anything really. It's practically Neal for Pavelski+Burns.

I'll throw in Beau Bennett or Gibbons.

Scuderi was the top defensive pair for the PK that was like 90% these playoffs and that's with Fleury/we saw how bad it was for the Pens last 2 years without him. Sharks was like 75% these playoffs towards the bottom. He's use to West Coast hockey.

Move Hertl back to his natural position of center for 2nd or 3rd line.

Marleau - Thornton - Neal
Bennett - Couture - Nieto
Sheppard - Hertl - Wingels

That's sexy and you addressed defense.

JayP812

The Team of Tomorrow
Aug 16, 2010
Bay Area
Isn't Scuderi considered the worst D-man, by far, on the Pens? I like Neal but he's a lateral move for Burns, and Pavelski is worth more than 20 Scuderis.

Anyway, Geno is a pipe dream. Even if the Pens retool, they don't trade one of their generational talents.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007

Scuderi was the top defensive pair for the PK that was like 90% these playoffs and that's with Fleury/we saw how bad it was for the Pens last 2 years without him. Sharks was like 75% these playoffs towards the bottom. He's use to West Coast hockey.

Pavelski is better than Neale and Burns is worlds better than Scuderi, you don't actually think that makes the Sharks better, do you?

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area

No, absolutely no to SCuderi. Put in Depres or Dumoulin if you want to talk Burns let alone Pavs, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00