Are McDavid, Drai, MacKinnon, Panarin, & Kucherov the undisputed top-5 players in today's league?

Is this undisputed?

• Total voters

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You're just projecting. For those of us who pay attention to goals against, McDavid has been a questionable MVP for years now. The Oilers chances of getting scored on should go down when the supposed MVP is on the ice, and the opposite has been happening for years. But go on, keep telling us how McDavid is getting underrated because people aren't looking closely enough!

So now defense matters? Since when? Why did Draisaitl win the Hart? It’s not like MacKinnon is that great defensively either. He has good defensive analytics, he’s not a Selke contender. McDavid scores more and is a more exciting player, but sure, let’s use defensive analytics to decide the best player in the league.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
What’s childish is Leafs fans acting like a player is trash just because they are jealous he would be their best player by far
Is that it? They are jealous? Self absorbed much? Maybe it's rash of you to assume everyone is motivated so childishly, maybe you are projecting?

I know this is hard to believe but some people like their own players and don't spend all their time wanting yours.

I think Dra earned his spot on that list but he will always be debatable when so much of his production is linked to McDavid. Lot's of players are elevated by teammates, we are told (contstantly) McDavid is the best player in the world who makes everyone he plays with better...except Dra, he's immune...

Now I'm not saying this nonsense comes from your best and your brightest (they are usually silent) but when you are talking about insecure fans, this is a bit of a pot calling the kettle....

Your indignant self righteousness failed because your cause is in your head, not reality.

For the record Panarin is the only one on the list I'm not sure of and he has a pretty good case, just a small sample at an old age makes me suspicious.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
But MacKinnon is not McDavid.

I'm hoping you understand that simple logic.
Its not logic at all.

At rhe end of the day indont reallybcare whatvthe Oilers have because they are still terrible and will probably miss thebplayoffs yet again.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Is that it? They are jealous? Self absorbed much? Maybe it's rash of you to assume everyone is motivated so childishly, maybe you are projecting?

I know this is hard to believe but some people like their own players and don't spend all their time wanting yours.

I think Dra earned his spot on that list but he will always be debatable when so much of his production is linked to McDavid. Lot's of players are elevated by teammates, we are told (contstantly) McDavid is the best player in the world who makes everyone he plays with better...except Dra, he's immune...

Now I'm not saying this nonsense comes from your best and your brightest (they are usually silent) but when you are talking about insecure fans, this is a bit of a pot calling the kettle....

Your indignant self righteousness failed because your cause is in your head, not reality.

For the record Panarin is the only one on the list I'm not sure of and he has a pretty good case, just a small sample at an old age makes me suspicious.
There reallybisnt anything to be jealous of when it comes to edmonton.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

Considering how you have a hissy fit and say HF sucks when they don’t chose your precious leaf, that is hilarious hypocrisy.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Remember when you spent months saying Draisaitl was trash without McDavid?
He is. A couple of months of production with a line that hot doesnt change that.

How much you wanna bet he falls flat on his face this upcoming season?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
He is. A couple of months of production with a line that hot doesnt change that.

You seriously think Drai's offense is going to "fall flat on his face" in the next season? That's an insane opinion.
He was the #1 best offensive player in the league last year. Maybe he regresses to being ~top 5 vs #1 - but anything beyond that seems like a huge stretch.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
You seriously think Drai's offense is going to "fall flat on his face" in the next season? That's an insane opinion.
He was the #1 best offensive player in the league last year. Maybe he regresses to being ~top 5 vs #1 - but anything beyond that seems like a huge stretch.
We will see.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Remember when you spent months saying Draisaitl was trash without McDavid?

Draisaitl played better without McDavid than he did with him.

Nuge-Drai-Honey Badger was statistically the best line in hockey in their time together both raw production and underlying analytics.

The line combination stats verify this. They flat out dominated, no idea why they were separated in the playoffs.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

How much money are you willing to lose?

You know he had a 50 + 50+ season the year before this one where he was the Hart, Lindsay, and Ross winner.

I’d say he’s a good bet to pace for 100 points again if there’s a full season. He’s an elite player and arguably the most versatile offensive player in the league. He can play centre or wing at an elite level. He can be a trigger man sniper or a playmaker, and he’s excellent on the PP and PK (especially 5 v 3 PK where he’s the lone forward).

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011

Hahahaha you’ve got to be kidding me

How can you expect anyone to take you seriously saying stuff like this?

I guarantee he will pace for over 100 points again this year over 82 games with or without McDavid

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Considering how you have a hissy fit and say HF sucks when they don’t chose your precious leaf, that is hilarious hypocrisy.
It's very telling that you think someone pointing out your past unethical behaviors is "a hissy fit". They aren't, I just point out bad behavior. It grates you so because your behavior is so well documented you cant say shit when I point out your bias.

You are projecting the hissy fit but I'm not surprised you don't see that. How many times have I pointed out your own cheesy voting pattern? Obviously you are bothered by that, but hey it's a good sign, it shows you have a little dignity.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It's very telling that you think someone pointing out your past unethical behaviors is "a hissy fit". They aren't, I just point out bad behavior. It grates you so because your behavior is so well documented you cant say shit when I point out your bias.

You are projecting the hissy fit but I'm not surprised you don't see that. How many times have I pointed out your own cheesy voting pattern? Obviously you are bothered by that, but hey it's a good sign, it shows you have a little dignity.

You say this all the time when people call out your shit and have for a couple years. Enough with your Psych 100 level analysis.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Hahahaha you’ve got to be kidding me

How can you expect anyone to take you seriously saying stuff like this?

I guarantee he will pace for over 100 points again this year over 82 games with or without McDavid
I love it when you get all worked up.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
There reallybisnt anything to be jealous of when it comes to edmonton.
You're right, only Oiler fans want to be Oiler fans and most of them are closet Leaf fans in denial.
"I'm not obsessed with the Leafs, I only go to all their threads, constantly downplay their players and vote against them every poll. I'm like that with every team....." The Tad Mikowsky story.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
You say this all the time when people call out your shit and have for a couple years. Enough with your Psych 100 level analysis.
No I say it when people make a conclusion with no evidence that makes it seem like they are saying what they would do. Wait, you are implying we all covet Dra because....words. That's my shit you caught on me on? ROFL Delusional much?

Man you burned me hard there, please stop. I bow to your epic posting skills.....

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Draisaitl: puts up back to back 100 point seasons, wins Hart and Art Ross

Some rando Leafs fans: DrAiSaIlT wIlL rEGrEsS, PlUs MiNuS

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
No I say it when people make a conclusion with no evidence that makes it seem like they are saying what they would do. Wait, you are implying we all covet Dra because....words. That's my shit you caught on me on? ROFL Delusional much?

Man you burned me hard there, please stop. I bow to your epic posting skills.....
What else could explain many leafs fans (not all) unhealthy irrational hatred of Drai? How am I supposed to prove it’s jealousy lol just like how you can’t prove it’s not

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Panarin is great but there's no way Hedman is not in the top5. IMO McDavid, MacKinnon, Draisaitl and Hedman are the clear top4, then it's between guys like Pastrnak, Kucherov, Panarin and Kane for that 5th spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad