Are McDavid, Drai, MacKinnon, Panarin, & Kucherov the undisputed top-5 players in today's league?

Is this undisputed?

• Total voters

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Sid is still better than Kuch, Drai and Panarin

Id also say Hedman, Price, Kane, Jones, Pastrnak, Svechnikov are in the mix with those three up top.

Undisputed really only is limited to McD and Mack.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
1) McDavid
2) MacKinnon
3) Kucherov
4) Crosby
5) Panarin/Hedman

guys like Matthews and Eichel should be in the mix pretty soon as well.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Why is there still an argument about Leon Draisaitls place amongst the elites in the league? The guy is a Top 5 player in this league period. The only iffy person on that list is Panarin and even that could be argued.

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
Ill never understand why some people get so worked up if other people dont include "their" guy. Its so childish.
What’s childish is Leafs fans acting like a player is trash just because they are jealous he would be their best player by far

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
best at mooching PP points and secondary assist maybe
You know you actually have to put in the work to score on the PP? How is being one of the two best players in the world on the powerplay a negative?

He was also first in the league in primary points...

The guy was tied for first in primary assists, tied for first in secondary assists, and 4th in goals. That is absolutely dominant

Lol this is ridiculous

Last edited:
Reactions: BertMcDrai

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
the guy was the 1st Hart trophy winner ever to be a minus player. that says alot.
Draisaitl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matthews

Matthews isn't winning no Hart trophy getting outscored by 30 points. It is a joke how much better Drai is. He outplayed McDavid, something you wish Matthews could do outside of a weak 7 game stretch in October

Reactions: perseus

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Evidence that NHL players don’t closely follow their peers? Any specific sources for that, or is that just your “feelings” about it that NHL players don’t actually know how good the players they play against are?

Player conversation gets stirred up just like fan conversation - by a big offensive highlight. Defensive excellence takes multiple runs to the Cup finals over several years to generate comparable respect (see Bergeron).

That's meek evidence sure. What's your evidence that players don't follow in a similar way to fans? None? Okay, got it.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
And people started suggesting it after the playoffs because MacKinnon had a great playoffs. So did McDavid. Is it his fault he played a lot less playoff games?

You're just projecting. For those of us who pay attention to goals against, McDavid has been a questionable MVP for years now. The Oilers chances of getting scored on should go down when the supposed MVP is on the ice, and the opposite has been happening for years. But go on, keep telling us how McDavid is getting underrated because people aren't looking closely enough!

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
McDavid Kucherov MacKinnon Draisaitl yes.... I can see fans flippin Panarin with others

I'm a massive Panarin fan, but I can just see him being the odd man out for alot of fans

Not only that but I prefer Point to Kucherov and you have players like Matthews, EP40 and Eichel of the top of my head lurking at the edges and crosby is still young and good enough to be a top 5 forward next year as well, heck same with Malkin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad