AO, Hat Trick...Assist...{chirp, chirp}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
roshiajin said:
TSN almost totally ignored this hat trick. How surprising.

He may yet make their "B" List, the "Next 10 to Watch" 11 through 20.

These guys are important too, in case the Top Ten have off nights. :teach:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
from the Caps board :

Originally Posted by pgreene
hhmm. three goals and an assist. wonder if he'll be the cover story on tsn.ca tomorrow?

actually, i heard crosby finished his whole dinner tonight, so chances are ovechkin will get bumped to page two.

:biglaugh: :clap:

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Steve Latin said:
Wow! A Latendresse-like performance ...

For God sakes man! Give him time to develop before we start calling him the "Next Latendresse".

Deleted member 3032

RallyKiller said:
If ovechkin was north american he wouldn't be ignored like this.

It is sad, but this is becoming more and more obviously true.

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
the_gman83 said:
Not to take anything away from Ovechkin(he played great), but did you see the roster the Penguins iced? Basically take the roster from the end of last season, take away 5 of their top 6 scorers, and that's what they were using tonight.

Scratches included: Lemieux, Palffy, Recchi, LeClair, Crosby, Malone, Gonchar, Jackman, Odelein, Fleury, Thibault.

It was basically the Wilkes-Barrie Scranton Penguins out there.

Sure the Pens didn't bring their "A" roster, but neither did the Caps ---- do you really think Bourque, Laich, Gomez, Fehr, Klepis et al are going to be in Washington this fall? Granted the Caps "B" squad wasn't as "B" as the Pens ----- but don't you dare diminish what Ovechkin did (which you are despite your claim of "not to take anything away") ------ :shakehead

spudnick

May 6, 2005
People have to remeber Ovechkin is 2 years older and has been playing against men in the Russian league. Ovechkin will have an amazing career not doubt and possibly better then Crosby but I'll wait to make judgement when Crosby is older and has played against men. Crosby is only a kid. So is Ovechkin but 2 years and playing against men is a big difference then an 18 year old and only playing Junior hockey.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
nomorekids said:
he's still no tomallaume latendrevanek ;)

Ah yes, the natural hockey instincts on an Austrian mixed with the many syllables of a Frenchman

A force to be reckoned with for sure

damoose212001

Jan 16, 2005
Pittsburgh
heh, Caron was in net, and quite frankly....he sucks. But that's besides the point, Ovechkin is a great player, but I think Crosby does have more upside(not just since I'm a Pens fan, but if you've watched him play, it's amazing). We'll see what happens when it's our best vs Washington's best, because it was all of our young guys when Sunday should be our main core.(I'll be at that game! :) )

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
Excellent! I was hoping that an AO vs Crosby thread would appear. This will really add something special to my life.

CofRed

Jul 28, 2005
Mobey said:
While you can't ignore a performance like that, those goals weren't that impressive.

Are you kidding me?...Lightning quick release...especially on his 2nd goal...The only reason I watched the game was him, plus the announcers were trying out for Yuk Yuk's during the telecast.

AO has one of the top 5 shots in the league, no doubt about it.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
I agree with the above poster, those goals were pretty. Well, the first one wasn't as much, it was just a rebound, but the other two were pretty nice. It is hard to score on any goaltender from that far out, and he had a pefect wrist shot right up top corner. On his 3rd goal, not many players would even bother to shoot the puck, but he just spun around and put another one top shelf. He seems to love shooting the puck, and the best way to get a ton of goals is to get a ton of shots (obviously).

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
When he does this in a real game he will get headlines.

I agree with the poster above who said that not only has the Crosby coverage gotten tiresome, the griping about the Ovechkin non-coverage is equally tiresome. Equally as tiresome as the quibbling here about who will be better, which one is a bust and why, etc etc.

I'll just watch them both play and enjoy it.

Robert Paulson*

Ovechkin should be happy he doesn't have to deal with the media hounds. He'll be good no doubt, he'll get his attention eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad