AO, Hat Trick...Assist...{chirp, chirp}

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
lol... That's funny. Everyone knows that Ovechkin is one heck of a player. That has never been in doubt. If I had Ovechkin on my team, I'd be extremely happy. Everyone knows how fast, strong, skilled the guy is. But let's not put Crosby down for this. Crosby IS better. Period. That doesn't make Ovechkin a bad player at all, he's incredible too. He's an all-star player out of the box.

Sammy*

franchise player said:
lol... That's funny. Everyone knows that Ovechkin is one heck of a player. That has never been in doubt. If I had Ovechkin on my team, I'd be extremely happy. Everyone knows how fast, strong, skilled the guy is. But let's not put Crosby down for this. Crosby IS better. Period. That doesn't make Ovechkin a bad player at all, he's incredible too. He's an all-star player out of the box.
How in gods name can you say Crosby is better. They havnt played a regular season NHL game, never mind a few seasons which would enable one to make an informed comment.
If I had to guess right now, Ovechkin is probably better as we speak due to being 2 years older & playing against men for a few years.

nneate

Jul 24, 2005
Canada
Steve Latin said:
Wow! A Latendresse-like performance ...

I'm sorry but this comment in particular made me realize there is no spoon from laughing so hard.

Ovechkin with a very nice game, I see why I like him better then Crosby.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Sammy said:
How in gods name can you say Crosby is better. They havnt played a regular season NHL game, never mind a few seasons which would enable one to make an informed comment.
If I had to guess right now, Ovechkin is probably better as we speak due to being 2 years older & playing against men for a few years.
He might be a little more ready because of his age and experience.Crosby will
catch on fast.They are both going to be pretty awesome imo and if there's
a bit of a rivalry between them I think it will make things interesting for
years to come.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
CofRed said:
Are you kidding me?...Lightning quick release...especially on his 2nd goal...The only reason I watched the game was him, plus the announcers were trying out for Yuk Yuk's during the telecast.

AO has one of the top 5 shots in the league, no doubt about it.

Well I'm glad you told me about his quick release and shot, which I said nothing about. Ovechkin is going to be a star, but those goals weren't very impressive - That doesn't mean he's not as talented as almost anyone in the league, but calm down on a preseason game. That goes for most players, including Crosby.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Mobey said:
Well I'm glad you told me about his quick release and shot, which I said nothing about. Ovechkin is going to be a star, but those goals weren't very impressive - That doesn't mean he's not as talented as almost anyone in the league, but calm down on a preseason game. That goes for most players, including Crosby.

preseason or not.....the 2nd and 3rd goals were pretty impressive....especially the 2nd......they were hardly of the garbage variety......but I guess we all have different ideas of whats impressive.......

the_gman83

Mar 27, 2002
Lethbridge
Visit site
HockeyCritter said:
Sure the Pens didn't bring their "A" roster, but neither did the Caps ---- do you really think Bourque, Laich, Gomez, Fehr, Klepis et al are going to be in Washington this fall? Granted the Caps "B" squad wasn't as "B" as the Pens ----- but don't you dare diminish what Ovechkin did (which you are despite your claim of "not to take anything away") ------ :shakehead

What I meant was, given the fact that the Penguins were missing their top 6 forwards, top 3 defensemen, and their starting goalie, from a team that's not exactly a powerhouse(at least defensively), I would've expected Ovechkin to stand out. I mean, it's obvious he's talented, and he played an amazing game, but I'll be truly impressed if he performs like this against NHL competition.

But no doubt he was the best player out there last night. I'm looking forward to see what he can do this season.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Ovechkin will have an easier time fitting in to the NHL as he has been playing with men for some time and has a more mature body by almost 2 years which is alot of development time...in the long run Crosby has better talent in the offensive end not to say he is a better shooter or skater or anything like that...but Crosby's ability to see open players, make the right play and his overall vision puts him atop everyone.

Crosby will take IMO at least 20 games to get going in the NHL...but after November or early December I expect him to really start playing his game the way he wants to. Ovechkin will take off early IMO and stay very good throughout the season...Crosby will take a quarter of the season to get going...JUST WATCH and see

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
the_gman83 said:
What I meant was, given the fact that the Penguins were missing their top 6 forwards, top 3 defensemen, and their starting goalie, from a team that's not exactly a powerhouse(at least defensively), I would've expected Ovechkin to stand out. I mean, it's obvious he's talented, and he played an amazing game, but I'll be truly impressed if he performs like this against NHL competition.

But no doubt he was the best player out there last night. I'm looking forward to see what he can do this season.

No defensemand no goalie would have stopped the second or third goals.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
scoutman1 said:
Ovechkin will have an easier time fitting in to the NHL as he has been playing with men for some time and has a more mature body by almost 2 years which is alot of development time...in the long run Crosby has better talent in the offensive end not to say he is a better shooter or skater or anything like that...but Crosby's ability to see open players, make the right play and his overall vision puts him atop everyone.

Crosby will take IMO at least 20 games to get going in the NHL...but after November or early December I expect him to really start playing his game the way he wants to. Ovechkin will take off early IMO and stay very good throughout the season...Crosby will take a quarter of the season to get going...JUST WATCH and see

Ovechkin has amazing vision and touch. He could have easily had 5-7 pts last night w/the passes he made. I think the two are fairly equal.

Randall Graves*

roshiajin said:
TSN almost totally ignored this hat trick. How surprising.
TSN doesn't want anybody to overshadow the canadian golden boy.

Randall Graves*

franchise player said:
What, at this stage makes Crosby better, canadian bias aside?

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Does Sidney Crosby is better than Alexander Ovechkin? Don't want to argue because I havn't see them plays a lot but I think IMO that the rating of these two players on Hockey Future are pretty accurate:

Sidney Crosby 10C
Alexander Ovechkin 9A

Sidney have more upside but Alexander is a clear all-star player, even at his young age. Who would you take? Sidney Crosby or Alexander Ovechkin? It all depend if you like to take some chances .... ;)

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I have no clue who will turn out to be the best Pro. Malkin could outshine both. Or another of any of a dozen other players. But this thread smacks of Crosby-envy. The Kid is getting attention right now for reasons beyond either of their control, including (shocking) the fact that his nationality is more marketable in a (again shocking) Candian and American NHL marketing and advertising market. Just live with it. If Crosby falls flat on his face and AO becomes head and shoulders above everyone else his props will come and he will overcome the initial disadvantage in this market. And make no mistake about it, the fact that he does not speak english as a first language and has not had the exposure since almost birth in this continent is a disadvantage. To expect the reality to be otherwise right now though is sheer idiocy.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Crosbyfan said:
For God sakes man! Give him time to develop before we start calling him the "Next Latendresse".
That quote made me laugh alot... thanx for that :clap: HAHAHAHA

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Ovechkin 4 pts tonight thus far.

That's 8 pts in 2 games.

Forsberg diving in a preseason game? :biglaugh:

Last edited:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
RallyKiller said:
TSN doesn't want anybody to overshadow the canadian golden boy.

I think it's pretty clear.

Same reason why TSN only cares about the 6 Canadian teams.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:
I have no clue who will turn out to be the best Pro. Malkin could outshine both. Or another of any of a dozen other players. But this thread smacks of Crosby-envy.

I totally agree that any number of the high profile rookies (or possibly someone else) could end up being the best player when its all said and done.....and you cant blame Crosby for the hype.....but IMO your little comment at the end is a little out of line......using that reasoning, all the "Malkin closing the gap" threads we've both been part of over the last year or so smack of Ovechkin-envy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad