OT: Anything Goes 41

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Anyone know a good way to deal with neck and back pain that doesn't involve force feeding myself tylenol constantly?
Started a new job at a rail yard the last few weeks, everyone said the back pain would be bad but I didnt expect it to be this bad this quick lol. I stretch as much as possible but that only helps so much. Might try yoga soon
Maybe try a chiropractor

Reactions: Section88 and Giovi

Paul Allen

Oct 24, 2011
Los Angeles
Anyone know a good way to deal with neck and back pain that doesn't involve force feeding myself tylenol constantly?
Started a new job at a rail yard the last few weeks, everyone said the back pain would be bad but I didnt expect it to be this bad this quick lol. I stretch as much as possible but that only helps so much. Might try yoga soon

Find a chiropractor that has physical therapy with it. I went to Aligned something or other on Division in Wicker Park a few years ago and they fixed me over a couple months. Then I moved back to LA and lost it all.

Reactions: Section88

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Not sure what area of back your pain is in but I had lower back pain and the Physical Therapist recommended working on my lower abdominal muscles. Lay with your back on the floor and sort of do leg lifts just off the floor. Worked wonders for my back pain.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
What are you doing at the railyard? I worked for BNSF for twelve years. There's no real fix, that type of work destroys your body. The only fix is seniority where you get to bid a nice do nothing job and not hit a couple hundred crossings a day.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Maybe try a chiropractor

Find a chiropractor that has physical therapy with it. I went to Aligned something or other on Division in Wicker Park a few years ago and they fixed me over a couple months. Then I moved back to LA and lost it all.

Not sure what area of back your pain is in but I had lower back pain and the Physical Therapist recommended working on my lower abdominal muscles. Lay with your back on the floor and sort of do leg lifts just off the floor. Worked wonders for my back pain.

What are you doing at the railyard? I worked for BNSF for twelve years. There's no real fix, that type of work destroys your body. The only fix is seniority where you get to bid a nice do nothing job and not hit a couple hundred crossings a day.
Thanks guys, I'll definitely check that stuff out. Also, Ive primarily been a hostler driver but they've had me as a groundsmen once a week which is definitely easier on my back. Might try talking them into letting me stay on the ground full time.
I just take the breaks in the tracks as slow as hell. Head almost hits the ceiling from bouncing

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Thanks guys, I'll definitely check that stuff out. Also, Ive primarily been a hostler driver but they've had me as a groundsmen once a week which is definitely easier on my back. Might try talking them into letting me stay on the ground full time.
I just take the breaks in the tracks as slow as hell. Head almost hits the ceiling from bouncing
Which yard if you don't mind me asking? I started as a hostler/groundman.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Pacific rail in Joliet
I worked out of there for Maersk for awhile. That's a rough gig if you're working for a contractor. BNSF.com/careers intermodal equipment operator they're always hiring for the same job way easier working conditions much better pay benefits and retirement if you can handle the clusterf*** that the job is.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
I worked out of there for Maersk for awhile. That's a rough gig if you're working for a contractor. BNSF.com/careers intermodal equipment operator they're always hiring for the same job way easier working conditions much better pay benefits and retirement if you can handle the clusterf*** that the job is.
Thanks for the heads up. I also have a cousin at a yard out in Indiana that he says is way easier too. I'll definitely be looking to go somewhere else once I totally know what I'm doing.

Reactions: DisgruntledHawkFan

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Thanks for the heads up. I also have a cousin at a yard out in Indiana that he says is way easier too. I'll definitely be looking to go somewhere else once I totally know what I'm doing.
It's a shit gig but working for the rail directly pays so much better. If you can handle the mandatory OT and pay your dues it becomes much easier. I was out of Corwith. Became a crane operator and made silly money for a job that requires a GED.

And if you ever become good in a hostler you can get a job driving a truck tomorrow.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
JavaScript:
newRec.setValue({
                    fieldId: f_custentity_cws_vendor_w9_renewaldate,
                    value: (parseInt(currDate.getMonth()) + 1)  + '/' + currDate.getDate() + '/' + (parseInt(currDate.getFullYear()) + 5)

This little subsection of JS took our entire Procure to Pay process to its knees today for two hours. Anyone can tell me why?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
JavaScript:
newRec.setValue({
                    value: (parseInt(currDate.getMonth()) + 1)  + '/' + currDate.getDate() + '/' + (parseInt(currDate.getFullYear()) + 5)

This little subsection of JS took our entire Procure to Pay process to its knees today for two hours. Anyone can tell me why?
@Viqsi?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
JavaScript:
newRec.setValue({

Leap year?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yep you nailed it. Trying to set the default date to 5 Years ahead of today. 2/29/29 does not exist.

Bashed our heads against the wall for this one for a long time. Some real Y2K type shit.

I hated coding, even though I'm good at it. Lol. What's the code to alleviate this problem in the future?

Reactions: TLEH

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I hated coding, even though I'm good at it. Lol. What's the code to alleviate this problem in the future?

JavaScript:
var renewalDate = new Date();
renewalDate.setDate(renewalDate.getDate() + 1825);

newRec.setValue({
    fieldId: 'f_custentity_cws_vendor_w9_renewaldate',
    value: renewalDate
});

The code was written in 1.0 version of the SuiteScript (NetSuite ERP language built off JS) it was 5 years old or so. So we updated to 2.0 and its structured a little different but basically we changed it to 1825 days so that it would be valid no matter what.

Reactions: Pez68

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
JavaScript:
var renewalDate = new Date();
renewalDate.setDate(renewalDate.getDate() + 1825);

newRec.setValue({
    fieldId: 'f_custentity_cws_vendor_w9_renewaldate',
    value: renewalDate
});

The code was written in 1.0 version of the SuiteScript (NetSuite ERP language built off JS) it was 5 years old or so. So we updated to 2.0 and its structured a little different but basically we changed it to 1825 days so that it would be valid no matter what.

Makes sense. Smart. I've done that to alleviate issues with security patching windows. Using hours instead of days, whereas you used days instead of years. Leap year and DST throw wrinkles in so many recurring events when it comes to code related processes.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Makes sense. Smart. I've done that to alleviate issues with security patching windows. Using hours instead of days, whereas you used days instead of years. Leap year and DST throw wrinkles in so many recurring events when it comes to code related processes.
Was implemented by Cognizant couple years before I started. The amount of copy pasted garbage and stuff like this you find is wild.

Reactions: Pez68

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
My dad's a consultant in the insurance industry. He says the job description is in the title. It's mostly conning and insulting people.
People will have a business doing 50 mil a year and hire Deloitte to implement their ERP. No shit you're going to get Deloitte's D team. You have to pick a consulting agency that aligns with your business size.

I generally find them useful if you know how to use them. A lot of people are dumb as f*** and think hiring them solves all their problems. You know your shit and just need extra hands? Consultants.

You want someone to deliver you an end to end software solution and ALSO build all your business practices? Yeah doesn't f***ing exist.

My best analogy would be you hiring day laborers to work at the railyard and then ask them how you should run the yard. Thats why consultants get a bad name.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00