Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_7820.gif

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Just landed in Phoenix. Forgot how much I loved the west. Golf clubs were safe. I’ll probably post some course photos. Playing TPC Scottsdale, Troon and We-Ko-Pa
I am in Tucson and also love it out west. Next time let's hit the links when you make it out here!

Reactions: TLEH

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Golf courses in the desert blows my mind. Talk about a colossal waste of resources. Eventually our hubris will use up all the water in Arizona, and that's that.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Golf in general blows my mind. It takes up so much of your day. I get it if you're trying to get away from your wife and kids on the regular but personally I'd rather go be gone for 2 hours playing rec league softball/volleyball/hockey

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Golf in general blows my mind. It takes up so much of your day. I get it if you're trying to get away from your wife and kids on the regular but personally I'd rather go be gone for 2 hours playing rec league softball/volleyball/hockey
I have golfed my whole life as my father taught me. I was single until 40 so I needed something to do. It is fun when you are half decent and you travel with your buddies for golf /gambling trips. I do astronomy/birding more now than golf but still do, like next week I will hit Torrey Pines.

I do agree it is a total waste of resources in the desert. The auquifir is pretty full here but there is a struggle for water by state out here that you don't see unless you live here. Also, like growing cotton and other things here sucks so much water as they just flood the fields. Very inefficient and wasteful.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Love golf. It’s fun getting out a round. Really some of the only time I get to hang around with a good amount of my friends.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
To each their own. I still play softball at 34 but don't think I'll be playing at 60. I'll definitely still be playing golf.

None of those other sports can you attempt to grow in and master you're entire life. None are close to as peaceful & relaxing either.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Golf is a sport like any other and you play against yourself and the course and don’t have to play with or against a wide variety of morons like other rec sports.

I totally agree with the desert golf use of water stuff. Although farming in the desert is the main culprit of water shortages. A lot of the courses use non potable water atleast.

Reactions: Pez68 and Giovi

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Golf is a sport like any other and you play against yourself and the course and don’t have to play with or against a wide variety of morons like other rec sports.

I totally agree with the desert golf use of water stuff. Although farming in the desert is the main culprit of water shortages. A lot of the courses use non potable water atleast.
Most around Tucson use 'brown' water to water the course. And in the summer we get a bit of rain too and the courses are in their best shape then.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I’ve been an avid weed smoker for the last six years but have quit cold turkey recently, it’s been 5 weeks to the day since I’ve last smoked. I feel like a different man. I’ve been more clear and concise with my thoughts as well as more efficient with my actions since I’ve stopped. My self image has improved and it’s nice to like myself again.

My friends are and wife was very much into smoking weed so I fell into it with them as well but my wife hasn’t smoked in months now either since we’ve been trying to have a baby. I’ve been told by many that pot doesn’t have negative effects on people but that hasn’t been the case with me. It feels like I’ve been brainwashing myself for years and have finally snapped out of it.

I feel intelligent and capable again which has been fantastic. I’m going back to school and getting a BS in Computer Science with a focus on AI Engineering. Hopefully getting a Masters in Data Science as well. It’s definitely happening much later in life than I’d hoped but cutting out the weed has reopened my eyes in a lot of ways, positively and negatively. Big change and I’m very glad I’ve made it. I don’t miss the stuff at all and am a little ashamed that I’ve wasted so much time doing it.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I’ve been an avid weed smoker for the last six years but have quit cold turkey recently, it’s been 5 weeks to the day since I’ve last smoked. I feel like a different man. I’ve been more clear and concise with my thoughts as well as more efficient with my actions since I’ve stopped. My self image has improved and it’s nice to like myself again.

My friends are and wife was very much into smoking weed so I fell into it with them as well but my wife hasn’t smoked in months now either since we’ve been trying to have a baby. I’ve been told by many that pot doesn’t have negative effects on people but that hasn’t been the case with me. It feels like I’ve been brainwashing myself for years and have finally snapped out of it.

I feel intelligent and capable again which has been fantastic. I’m going back to school and getting a BS in Computer Science with a focus on AI Engineering. Hopefully getting a Masters in Data Science as well. It’s definitely happening much later in life than I’d hoped but cutting out the weed has reopened my eyes in a lot of ways, positively and negatively. Big change and I’m very glad I’ve made it. I don’t miss the stuff at all and am a little ashamed that I’ve wasted so much time doing it.
It's nonsense. Marijuana absolutely has negative effects. I partake occasionally, as well. And the effects are extremely obvious to me. The brain haze. The laziness. The effect on physical "sharpness". 100% agree with your take on this.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Congrats man, it’s never too late to go back to school. My brother in law who’s an engineer got his BS in his mid-twenties, his masters in his 30’s, and an MBA in his 40’s.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Awesome! Which course was your favorite?
I would say We-Ko-Pa Saguaro course was my favorite. Got paired with a guy from Whistler BC who was 40 and retired (jealous). He shot a 73. Also I walked that day and I always enjoy walking more.

I loved every round though. Scottsdale with the stands up at 16 was really memorable. I'm glad I played it with the stands because I think without it, that course is rather forgettable.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Scenic postcard quality pictures. Is the 4th pic, hole #16?

* for the youngsters, postcards were ~4x6" cards typically with a picture on one side and areas on the other side for an address and a short note, snail mailed with a stamp
Yes it is. I put it on about 20 feet and 2 putted. No one was even there and I was nervous.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Took my son up to Chicago for the long weekend for his second excursion to Adler and to MSI for the first time.

Two takeaways, he's still huge into astronomy, and apparently he's a bit of a pyromaniac from his utter fascination with a fire exhibit at MSI. Might have to keep an eye on the latter....

Going the cultivate the former. Absolutely enthralled with black holes, the concept of white holes, and the heat death of the universe a few dozen googolplex years into the future. Dude's freaking five.

Reactions: Malaka

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Reactions: TLEH

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I swear, I hate dealing with nonsense busy-work loans. Working on three deals for three seperate LLCs owned by the same person buying three gas stations, and among the docs needed are a combined six mortgages and six assignments of rents (mtg/aor each for properties A, B, and C, but also secondary mtgs/aors for A+B, A+C, and B+C as well). All that's going to do is inevitably lead to complications when the properties need to be released down the road as the loans get paid off.

Paul Allen

Oct 24, 2011
Los Angeles
I swear, I hate dealing with nonsense busy-work loans. Working on three deals for three seperate LLCs owned by the same person buying three gas stations, and among the docs needed are a combined six mortgages and six assignments of rents (mtg/aor each for properties A, B, and C, but also secondary mtgs/aors for A+B, A+C, and B+C as well). All that's going to do is inevitably lead to complications when the properties need to be released down the road as the loans get paid off.
That doesn’t sound fun at all. I guess that’s why I make donuts.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Anyone know a good way to deal with neck and back pain that doesn't involve force feeding myself tylenol constantly?
Started a new job at a rail yard the last few weeks, everyone said the back pain would be bad but I didnt expect it to be this bad this quick lol. I stretch as much as possible but that only helps so much. Might try yoga soon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad