OT: Anything Goes 41

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I know the feeling unfortunately. It feels surreal. Doesn't even have to be someone you're close with anymore, it just shocks your community.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Didn't know where to put this but it is interesting. USA Hockey put out that starting next year all youth hockey players (18 and below) and refs must wear some sort of neck protection during all on-ice activities.

It was to be expected.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Condolences, man. Awful news.
Didn't know where to put this but it is interesting. USA Hockey put out that starting next year all youth hockey players (18 and below) and refs must wear some sort of neck protection during all on-ice activities.

It was to be expected.

Makes sense to me. I'm very thankful from a pure monetary standpoint that my son is currently only interested in playing baskerball, but a safety standpoint is an added bonus. At this point, I couldn't imagine the sight of my son or one of his friends or opponents not having a neck guard in hockey.

And solid start to my diet. Down exactly 20 lbs on the month. Time to celebrate with a pizza, oh wait, no...

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Condolences, man. Awful news.

Makes sense to me. I'm very thankful from a pure monetary standpoint that my son is currently only interested in playing baskerball, but a safety standpoint is an added bonus. At this point, I couldn't imagine the sight of my son or one of his friends or opponents not having a neck guard in hockey.

And solid start to my diet. Down exactly 20 lbs on the month. Time to celebrate with a pizza, oh wait, no...
My son and daughter have been wearing them for a while now. Last year I saw a picture of a player who had fallen belly down in front of a goalie and had his legs bent straight up from the knees. The goalie's neck was directly above the skate of the player. I bought neck guards that day.

Congrats on your weight loss. I have been trying as well but it is a lot harder at 47 than ten years ago.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

RIP Apollo Creed/Police Chief Hampton Forbes/Action Jackson/Colonel Dillon/etc

Personally, thought his acting range was under appreciated and he could do serious roles (Like in the Heat of the Night) just as well as action/comedy

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Going to Scottsdale for a golf trip in two weeks. Got new irons yesterday. Was playing some SIM golf and hit a driver and the tip just snapped. Couldn't be worse timing.

• Wow
Reactions: IU Hawks fan

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Going to Scottsdale for a golf trip in two weeks. Got new irons yesterday. Was playing some SIM golf and hit a driver and the tip just snapped. Couldn't be worse timing.
What irons did you buy?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Bunch of years ago I was in Scottsdale for a wedding and played a course called Troon, near the Four Seasons. Beautiful course.

Reactions: TLEH

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I ran across this all-time goaltender listing of All Star appearances. I find it interesting that Glenn Hall is seldom listed with the top 5 greatest. To me, Hall was the best of all time and has one NHL record that will never be broken. Anyway, here it is:

Most All Star appearances
1-Glenn Hall -13
2-Patrick Roy -11
T-2-Terry Sawchuck -11
3-Martin Brodeur -9
4-Jacques Plante -8
5-Tony Esposito -6
T-5-Grant Fuhr -6
T-5-Ed Giacomin -6
T-5-Dominik Hasek -6
T-5-Carey Price -6
6-Ed Belfour -5
T-6-Ken Dryden -5
T-6-Braden Holtby -5
T-6-Henrik Lundqvist -5
T-6-Roberto Luongo -5
T-6-Bernie Parent -5
*T-6-Andrei Vasilevskiy -5
T-6-Mike Vernon -5
7-Johnny Bower -4
T-7-Turk Broda -4
*T-7-Marc Andre Fleury -4
*T-7-Connor Hellebuyck -4 (tonites game incl)
T-7-Nikolai Khabibulin -4
T-7-Andy Moog -4
T-7-Pete Peeters -4
T-7-Tim Thomas -4
T-7-Gump Worsley -4

Come to think of it, Hall's all-star appearances will also be a record that may never be broken.

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Nobody is touching thirteen. Back then you had to actually be an all-star to make the game. Now it's for children and every team gets a spot deserved or not.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Nobody is touching thirteen. Back then you had to actually be an all-star to make the game. Now it's for children and every team gets a spot deserved or not.
Hall played in an era with 6 teams and the ASG format was Cup Champs vs. the other 5 teams. Really easy for him to make it when his competition was only 5 other starters.

Also, this only lists 11.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Hall played in an era with 6 teams and the ASG format was Cup Champs vs. the other 5 teams. Really easy for him to make it when his competition was only 5 other starters.

Also, this only lists 11.
I'm aware and it's why I say 13 will never be touched. He was an all-star in 55,56,57,58,60,61,62,63,64,65,67,68 and 69. Thirteen times.

Gave up 22 goals in thirteen appearances. Roy who was in eleven holds the record for most goals given up with 31 I believe.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Had my dice-fiend of a son pick out his first dice set at a local game shop, and it turns out he’s a big fan of the D100. Didn’t realize it at the time, but we bought a purely spherical one rather than an actual 100-sided one, so it is a tad harder to read and more open to flubbing, but still perfectly acceptable for a five year-old that likes shooting dice and making up games on the spot.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5