Anything Goes 30: Topicality Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Any Mother’s Day gift ideas? Tired of just getting her the same things every year (spa cards, etc)

For wife or mom?

Mom: Flowers.

Wife: Jewelry always works. If you have a kid(s) do their birthstone and a heart with their first name initial. Family portrait certificate. Hockey skates (lol just kidding although it is what I got my wife this year along with a pearl necklace).

Reactions: TorMenT

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Taking my daughter home from the hospital tomorrow. She's healthy but she's a lot smaller than my 1st who's 16 months. #2 was 6 lbs 13 oz, 18 inches. #1 was 9 lb 11 oz and 21 inches. She's healthy, so that's all that matters, but it's a bit of a shock how much smaller she is. We don't have any newborn clothes, lol.

The real challenge will be juggling them both when we go home as my 1st girl is just a ball of energy who won't sit still. I'm sure it'll be a bit rough at first but I'm a very happy man.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Taking my daughter home from the hospital tomorrow. She's healthy but she's a lot smaller than my 1st who's 16 months. #2 was 6 lbs 13 oz, 18 inches. #1 was 9 lb 11 oz and 21 inches. She's healthy, so that's all that matters, but it's a bit of a shock how much smaller she is. We don't have any newborn clothes, lol.

The real challenge will be juggling them both when we go home as my 1st girl is just a ball of energy who won't sit still. I'm sure it'll be a bit rough at first but I'm a very happy man.

Congrats man.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
What should I make for dinner, lobster ravioli (red sauce) or chicken tortilla soup?

Neither? It's far too nice out to be cooking inside. :thumbu:

And lobster ravioli in red sauce? Feel like it would ruin the lobster. Not a fan of adding all kinds of sauces to lobster, or any kind of shellfish, honestly. I like my shellfish on its own with maybe a little bit of a light sauce using things like salt, pepper, butter, garlic, and maybe some lemon juice.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Neither? It's far too nice out to be cooking inside. :thumbu:

And lobster ravioli in red sauce? Feel like it would ruin the lobster. Not a fan of adding all kinds of sauces to lobster, or any kind of shellfish, honestly. I like my shellfish on its own with maybe a little bit of a light sauce using things like salt, pepper, butter, garlic, and maybe some lemon juice.

The red sauce cuts the richness of the filling a bit. Not drenching it but just a light toss.

I had oat meal....

Reactions: ChiHawks10

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Got hit by dad with a newborn son sleep deprivation hard today. Thankfully, my folks were in today so we both got to take power naps. Still have another week+ of paternity leave, thankfully.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Just had food poisoning for the first time... It freaking sucks. Had to get some Zofran.

Got hit by dad with a newborn son sleep deprivation hard today. Thankfully, my folks were in today so we both got to take power naps. Still have another week+ of paternity leave, thankfully.

Wish I had your benes, we get 3 days which count as our sick days. I ended up taking Thursday to Thursday off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad