Anyone else hate the all star break.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
To compare since I dont follow other sports. Does any other sport professional league have a fun all star game?

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Just a question, why do they showcase women playing hockey and not Junior top drafted prospects who haven't played an NHL game yet?
Aren't the Juniors better?

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Dress everyone in mascot suits and turn it into a full-fledged kids show, with choreographies and storytelling during intermissions.

Have a live feed to a local children’s hospital and let the whole thing be about amassing funds for research and charity. Show biopics of players and teams visiting sick children and doing things for the community. Sponsors must make prizes available to children in attendance at the game.

Really simple.
Runner you big hearted lug! That is the most kind and caring thing I think ive very heard. Love every piece of it. Mix in a masked skater element like the masked singer and have $5k prizes for each fan who correctly guesses the skater.

Have Jason Priestly host it, he's a good Canadian boy.

I'm still not watching!

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Dress everyone in mascot suits and turn it into a full-fledged kids show, with choreographies and storytelling during intermissions.

Have a live feed to a local children’s hospital and let the whole thing be about amassing funds for research and charity. Show biopics of players and teams visiting sick children and doing things for the community. Sponsors must make prizes available to children in attendance at the game.

Really simple.
No turn it into the ice capades and give this light to all kids.

1706844655366.png

Attachments

• 1706844629565.png
    1706844629565.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 2

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm still not watching!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Since they can’t make the game competitive (teams won’t like the idea of having their best players going all out in a meaningless game), then make it playful and relatable to a new generation of future fans.

Reactions: waitin425

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I think shuffled vacation weeks would be better. Why does every player in the league next the exact same time off? Do 16 teams off one week and 16 the next. They already get five to six months off a year.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
To compare since I dont follow other sports. Does any other sport professional league have a fun all star game?
Not anymore, they’re all pretty lame! When I was a kid back in the Stone Age, NHL,NBA,MLB, and NFL, were all fairly entertaining. Maybe it was the extra 1000 dollars that went to the winner. Back when 1000 dollars meant something!

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Not anymore, they’re all pretty lame! When I was a kid back in the Stone Age, NHL,NBA,MLB, and NFL, were all fairly entertaining. Maybe it was the extra 1000 dollars that went to the winner. Back when 1000 dollars meant something!
That must have been back in the Stone age

Reactions: Cournoyer12

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
They should do the All-Star game at the same time as pre-season. Maybe some hockey hunger in some fans would make them watch. Plus, you get to pick among a healthier group, just out of camp. That's a winning combination imho.

Reactions: Levard

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
Its pretty obvious that the nhl wants to imitate the popularity the nba is reaching.
The nhl values stars that are bland and emotionless. Dont be surprised that the all star game inherits these qualities. It also does not help that a fun hockey game has a mix of skill and physical. Hard to reproduce these conditions in a friendly game.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
As a kid in the early 80's I used to love all-star weekend. In those days we I lived in the middle of nowhere and we got 2 channels (CBC and Radio Canada) we got 2 games a week on Saturday night- the Habs and sometimes Leaf's and whomever they were playing. There were players especially in the Western conference that I did not get to see on TV. The all star game meant something as I got to see those players. No you can watch any game any player on any given night. I think that's why the game has lost its magic.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I hate it, just when hockey is getting intense as teams start to think about their playoff prospects we take a fluff break.

Gape Emoticon
Exactly. It's annoying, long, non related to real hockey and an unwanted pause when seasons gets spicy. I don't watch it at all (except few 5 minutes here and there) since last 10 years.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Really simple.
The NHL All Star game started as a charity event.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cournoyer12

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
. Baseball probably provides the best entertainment for sports All-Star games.
Baseball provides the only entertainment for sports all star games. NBA is trash. Pro bowl is trash. NHL trying different stuff but is still probably trash

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It’s for kids, I don’t see a reason to hate it. We just have to accept it for what it is. Most players get a break and kids get to enjoy some shinny.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I haven't watched an all-star games in at least 10 years.

I saw one skills comp and it was brutal.

So you are not alone in hating tje all-star break and all it includes.

It is tje most useless break in all of sports

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
The NHL All Star game started as a charity event.
Used to be the defending Cup champs against the All-Stars, I believe it was for the retired players who got practically nothing after they retired. ‘Twas back to the Mills and the Mines, or maybe luckily a family farm for those boys if they were physically able! Those men had True Grit!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3