Anyone else hate the all star break.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I hate it, just when hockey is getting intense as teams start to think about their playoff prospects we take a fluff break.

Gape Emoticon

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Everything about the NHL schedule has hit the shits over the last few years. It will get better when a February Monday night has 2 games coming to you live from Houston and KC.

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
It doesn't bother me. The players negotiated having this time off and they deserve it. It's annoying not having any Habs games for a long time, but I have other stuff I can watch when I want to sit down and be disappointed for a few hours.

• Haha
Reactions: NewDef and Pat Riot

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
yep, and instead they make 2 canadian teams play on superbowl weekend lol. Why play at all on the sunday? total simps who come up with the planning, including the NHLPA.

• Haha
Reactions: OldCraig71

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
This should be a poll. I hate it so much that I feel obligated to express it when given the chance, but having to write words makes me think longer about something I don't like

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
The lustre of the weekend itself wore off for me decades ago. Maybe the naivete of youth had me think they put more effort into it when I was a teenager, but all the all-star weekends - not just NHL - seem more and more like 'going through the motions'.

As for the staggered bye weeks, I don't have an issue giving teams a week off. I just don't think it needs to be staggered. Build the schedule far enough out that you can coordinate with your 32 partner arenas and ensure that it's the same week for all - Wednesday to Wednesday.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
I loved the skills comp when I was a kid. I played hockey and just loved seeing players showing off high-end hockey skills. Now it just seems like a gimmick-fest for the sake of spectacle and ad revenue more than for the love of actual hockey.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I loved the skills comp when I was a kid. I played hockey and just loved seeing players showing off high-end hockey skills. Now it just seems like a gimmick-fest for the sake of spectacle and ad revenue more than for the love of actual hockey.
I mean, it was a gimmick then too. You're just not the target audience for it anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00