Anyone else hate the all star break.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
I mean, it was a gimmick then too. You're just not the target audience for it anymore.
I know it’s always been a gimmick, I just feel it’s much moreso now. It used to be pretty basic hockey. Now there’s all kinds of flash and props that the skill aspect takes a back seat to.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I hate it, just when hockey is getting intense as teams start to think about their playoff prospects we take a fluff break.

Gape Emoticon

I think part of it, for us, is that we haven't had a contending roster in decades...

If we were a playoff lock and focused on a long playoff run, I suspect that the break would be more appreciated as fans (vs our situation, which only delays the inevitable shift to draft lottery standing focus)

Reactions: The Real Timo

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I mean, it was a gimmick then too. You're just not the target audience for it anymore.

Back when I was a kid, all the stars showed up and nobody tried to find a way to get out of it.

I think the players care even less about the game now (not that I blame them), and it rubs off on the audience too, kid or no kid.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Feels like back in the day of Mario and Wayne it meant more. Bear in mind we had the conference who took it more seriously. Bring back the two teams and 5 on 5.

Reactions: Gustave

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I used to like the skills competition before it became a clown show. Guys used to take it seriously with competition that made sense. Now it's just a ridiculous show for american zoomers who know jack **** about hockey.

Reactions: Kimota and Gustave

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I used to like the skills competition before it became a clown show. Guys used to take it seriously with competition that made sense. Now it's just a ridiculous show for american zoomers who know jack **** about hockey.
They ought to have a competition of who has the best male pattern baldness and the winner is awarded the Al Iafrate Skullet Trophy.

images

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Last season in Florida was cringe on top of cringe.

Reactions: Eegs

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
It’s probably as good as it’s going to get with the idea of “not getting hurt” in practice.

I like the break because it’s a refresher, come back strong and know it’s the ladder half of the season.

It’s tough not seeing games but come on, there’s gotta be something else you fellers can do?

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
Agreed! Also, having the All Star game same weekend as the Pro Bowl makes no sense, not that I care about the Pro Bowl either

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00