Player Discussion Anthony DeAngelo (Mod warning in OP and post 197. READ IT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Nick freakin' Holden put up 34 points with us last year. Give this kid 14-16 minutes a game, 2-3 mins of PP per game, and he'll put up 40 with us.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Yeah, from my own research, it definitely felt like he has being more of a hothead and letting his temper get the best of him, and this wasn't his regular demeaner.

I'm excited to see where his talent will carry him with the Rangers. He'll see a familiar face in Skjei.

Elaborate? I didn't know that they had spent time together

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
If you finally get to the point where you can't deny the NHL players have superior athletic skill, you can always be smarter than the coach.

Anyway, Arizona gave us DeAngelo as a high risk reward instead of flipping us a second or third round pick.

Hopefully he gets his mood in check and sticks.

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
If he gets his poop in a group, he'll be a pretty good player for us. Skjei is already McD junior, and if we land Shattenkirk then Tony Dee can be Shatty junior.

I'm optimistic, as it beats the alternative.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
This kid looks like he has really good wheels, good vision and good hands. His shot is not as strong as the rest of his offensive skills. He is a little small for a Dman. We haven't had a young RH puck mover like this guy in a while. I believe Gorton when he says we wanted him.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Three teams in three years thing definitely seems overblown.

Yes, he got run out of Tampa, but it seems he got along just fine in AZ and is exactly what we need. Seems pretty clear this wasn't Arizona dumping the guy, it was the Rangers getting someone they want.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I can pretty much confirm Arizona was not looking to get rid of him. Chayka has had nothing but good to say about DeAngelo. Even Tippett (who never really vouched for young players at all) stood up for DeAngelo in his rookie season.

He's an outspoken, sometimes overly-passionate kid from Philly. Key word is 'kid.' He will grow out of it. The important part is he is an EXTREMELY exceptional hockey player. He's got some serious wheels and has intense confidence with the puck. You guys are going to love him. I'm still a little upset we lost him, but HOPEFULLY this trade works out for both teams. Either way, you guys will know why you acquired him come training camp.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
If the Rangers sign both Smith and Shattenkirk to play the right side then it will look worse for DeAngelo's chances. I don't see it happening. I think the Rangers will try to sign one or the other. Right now though the path is clear. Personally I don't think the Rangers move Stepan for a player they don't plan on using.

I could totally see the Rangers doing that. I mean, Rongos gonna Rongo. If Staal and Holden could be traded, would love to have both Shattenkirk (w/ hometown discount and 6 yrs at MOST) and Smith.

McD-Shattenkirk
Skjei-Smith
Staal-Holden
Bereglazov-DeAngelo

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Buch got benched for playing like crap at times, take off the rose glasses

I mean, Vesey had a huge stretch where he was horsecrap and never got benched.

I know Buch had some bad stretches, but at the same time I think some of AV's benchings of him were unjustified.

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina
Am I the only one who's worried about this kids attitude?

One of the very few... Our team needs to get a little spicy, its helped over the years (i.e. Avery, Carcillo, etc). A lot of us think that the Rangers have been a little too 'clean' over the past few years...

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Am I the only one who's worried about this kids attitude?

seems like he's settled down. some kids mature later than others.

i expect him to be a solid citizen here, a good teammate (all indications are that he was just that in AZ) and a key player for us going forward.

his skill are undeniable.

also, remember this, we wanted him. he wasnt a throw in, we wanted him here. this organization did its due diligence with him and they would NOT have made this move unless they felt good about him.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Buch got benched for playing like crap at times, take off the rose glasses

Staal, Girardi, Holden, Vesey, Hayes, Miller and Glass (when he was dressed) never got benched like Buch did. Buch and Lindberg playing 5 minutes total in that 2OT game was a ****ing joke.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Staal, Girardi, Holden, Vesey, Hayes, Miller and Glass (when he was dressed) never got benched like Buch did. Buch and Lindberg playing 5 minutes total in that 2OT game was a ****ing joke.

I agree that the consistency with benchings and playing time doesn't really exist at times, especially in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad