Player Discussion Anthony DeAngelo (Mod warning in OP and post 197. READ IT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
um..... you are a ny ranger now kid.

philthy stuff dont work :laugh:

DHjE_4BXcAAzFWy.jpg

Tony D just became my new favorite player

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Well, if he's an Eagles fan then sliding over to "big blue" probably wouldn't be an option. Since he likes green maybe the Jets are an option? Hmmmm, I'm a Jets fan, so I wouldn't suggest that for his sake.

Final answer......concentrate on hockey.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
lol give me a break

he's my size. im 6'0 @ 188

thats hardly rail thin. :laugh:

i continue to believe this kid is gonna surprise alot of people here.

I've seen him play maybe 20 games in person. always, and i mean always, stood out as one of the better players on the ice anytime i saw him. and thats on a pretty talented crunch (tampa) team.

he does look small on occasion but he's so smooth with the puck, calm and poised and makes wizard like passes. and he controls the play so well on the pp point. really looks like he's born to play there.

he's really a forward who plays defense imo.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Figured i'd come back and say i'm mostly joking :laugh:, i'm rooting for the guy to come in and impress getting 3rd pair and hopefully 2nd PP minutes. He's definitely smaller but the talent is hard to deny.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The fandom stuff doesn't matter. He's just gotta prepare for people busting his chops about it if he continues to flaunt it. No big deal.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He's a Flyers and Eagles fan. So what? He's a New York Ranger now, no mater whether he likes it or we like it or not.

The fandom stuff doesn't matter. He's just gotta prepare for people busting his chops about it if he continues to flaunt it. No big deal.

Just goes to show how bored we are, just looking for anything to talk about. Lol.

Oh and btw, I have this gut feeling that he will bring us tons of delight offensively and probably a little despair defensively. Which we should expect. I'm down rooting for this kid and what he brings.
Hey, Arizona had to give something good to get our awesome 1c, right?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
lol that's just a bunch of old quotes from people with no analysis of his current game come the hell on

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
lol that's just a bunch of old quotes from people with no analysis of his current game come the hell on

What, analysis from his AHL coach two years ago isn't relevant? :laugh:

The only interesting bit in there is from Rotter and anyone here could have written the same. Kind of embarrassing that piece is on SNY.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It seems to me the worst case scenarios are 1. he'll end up a better skating version of Michael Del Zotto--as in his offense won't come around enough to offset crappy defending or 2. his mouth and/or lack of discipline will submarine his career.

I think it's more likely that those worst case scenarios won't play out. I kind of look at his upside as a young Dan Boyle. Saying that I don't think his defense is ever going to be more than average so his offensive game will need to be really good. He has a legit shot at making the Rangers out of camp but there are players in the way--including Marc Staal and once again I'll say we should have bought Staal out. The question of Bereglazov potentially going back to the KHL looms as well or whether or not the Rangers decide to move Holden. ADA can go to Hartford without passing through waivers so he ain't no lock. Shattenkirk unexpectedly falling into our laps doesn't help him either. I do expect he'll play at least some games for us this year.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Not that I'd be happy if ADA becomes current MDZ, but Del Zotto probably gets more hate than he deserves. He may be a mediocre player, but when all is said and done he'll probably have played in the range of 800 NHL games, which is a good career. If ADA can figure out some formula to keep himself around the league for well over a decade, then good on him.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Not that I'd be happy if ADA becomes current MDZ, but Del Zotto probably gets more hate than he deserves. He may be a mediocre player, but when all is said and done he'll probably have played in the range of 800 NHL games, which is a good career. If ADA can figure out some formula to keep himself around the league for well over a decade, then good on him.

I think that's something that is vastly underrated.

Obviously, we all want every prospect to hit their max potential. But, the reality is that there are a lot of guys who have long, productive NHL careers without ever becoming the stars they were once hoped to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad