Player Discussion Anthony DeAngelo (Mod warning in OP and post 197. READ IT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
My head hurts from reading the last page.

ON TOPIC... The NYR org may be just what the Dr. ordered for him.

I hope he makes it right out of camp and stays just like he said was his goal.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
ADA is getting that 3RD spot... its most likely that he shares it with Bereglazov for a little while... Another note is that if Bear Gloves can play both sides, then all of ADA, Staal, and Bear Gloves are going to be sharing the 5th, 6th, and 7th dman slots...

This is also not counting Pionk, Graves, and Day making strides in their development.

We could have something really special on the back end soon

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I think someone like him in all his emotions is exactly what we need if he can translate it to the ice in the right way. Someone that needs to keep himself from crossing verbal lines, etc.

I feel that it is the personalities on the team that is nothing like Tony DeAngelo, that which most of the team didn't have to give the extra push necessary (like Kreider and a couple others) in that 3rd period of the last Senators game.

The part of me that has Sean Avery, Sandy McCarthy, Joey Kocur, and Derek Boogaard jerseys...that walks around the village looking for record stores I never found before, and looking for street musicians to give dollar bills to...that thinks the mixed smell of hot dog, beer, concrete, blood, sweat, p*** and tears as home...

That makes us yell louder than anyone from any other area on earth when we know we have to.

I am very happy we somehow snagged this kid, and I hope with every ounce of me that I'll be wearing his jersey most proudly!

Dunno why Zil basically just tried to make you look like an idiot with his response. Unless I missed some kind of context I thought this was you not hurting anyone and just being an excited, hopeful fan on a fan forum.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Dunno why Zil basically just tried to make you look like an idiot with his response. Unless I missed some kind of context I thought this was you not hurting anyone and just being an excited, hopeful fan on a fan forum.

People on this board are extremely willing to overlook player flaws if they're angsty and fun to root for, was probably the point.

That's your prerogative, I'm not RB who tells people how to be fans, but that's not what wins games.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
People on this board are extremely willing to overlook player flaws if they're angsty and fun to root for, was probably the point.

That's your prerogative, I'm not RB who tells people how to be fans, but that's not what wins games.

I would say that people around here are extremely willing to overlook a players' flaws if they're bringing something said poster considers valuable. It's hardly limited to angst. Also, since no player is a perfect balance of everything, there's nothing wrong with that.

I have a feeling this is going to be something we talk about with ADA for years.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I would say that people around here are extremely willing to overlook a players' flaws if they're bringing something said poster considers valuable. It's hardly limited to angst. Also, since no player is a perfect balance of everything, there's nothing wrong with that.

I have a feeling this is going to be something we talk about with ADA for years.

You're definitely right, but angst and moxie i would argue is at the very top of that list. Because the excuse for the bad they cause is already built into their player profile.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
You're definitely right, but angst and moxie i would argue is at the very top of that list. Because the excuse for the bad they cause is already built into their player profile.

I think that skating actually takes the cake here. People loooved Freddie Sjostrom.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

The moxie part I agree with. The angst part, not following you. How do we know if a player possesses angst and why would anyone feel compelled to root for a player because of it? Does angst now mean something different than it used to and I'm just not hip?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The moxie part I agree with. The angst part, not following you. How do we know if a player possesses angst and why would anyone feel compelled to root for a player because of it? Does angst now mean something different than it used to and I'm just not hip?

Angst in this context I think of as synonymous with surliness. Players who play like they're in a bad mood.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Angst is synonymous with things like anxiety, worry and uneasiness. I still don't get it, but I'll go with surliness. Yes, surliness is a trait fans like. :laugh:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Angst is synonymous with things like anxiety, worry and uneasiness. I still don't get it, but I'll go with surliness. Yes, surliness is a trait fans like. :laugh:

Well, angst is considered the root of a lot of angry music like punk and metal.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Having grown up a punker, I get it. I had just never heard anyone describe angst as a desirable trait in a hockey player.

Anyway, I digress.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Wait till you hear what woke means now.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

Love the Metal but the Angst there for a reason.

While this kid has plenty of "potential" he's on his 3rd team and he's still just a puppy.

If he decides to get his head out of his ass and grow up, the NYR might actually have a good player on their hands..

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Here's a great article out of Detroit about the Rangers prospects of picking up the fastest skater in the NHL, Athanasiou of Detroit. I hope it happens!

https://wingsnation.com/2017/08/19/four-reasons-why-an-athanasiou-offer-sheet-makes-perfec

****, had no idea he STILL didn't have a contract. What the **** are the wings doing? Why did they resign Glendening last year? What a waste...

Didn't realize how bad their contract situation is too...

Dekeyser: $5M for 5 more seasons--HERO chart matches Marc Staal's pretty closely
Glendening: $1.8M for 4 more seasons--HERO chart matches that of a sub-par 4th liner
Abdelkader: $4.25M for 6 more seasons--HERO chart matches that of a middle 6 tweener
Helm: $3.85M for 4 more seasons--HERO chart matches that of a 3rd liner
Weiss Buyout: $2.56M this year, $1.66M for 3 years after that

That's a **** ton of cap space, $17.46M this year (drops to $16.56M next year) for bottom 6 forwards and bottom pairing defensemen...

I didn't even count the Nielson and Tatar contracts mostly because those players are still worth some of the money they're earning, but those two combined account for another $10.55M... again, Tatar and Zetterberg are probably the only top players on that team... Nielson is a 2B center in my opinion.

Oh and goaltending? Holy ****, $9.3M spent on two upper tier backup goaltenders...

What the **** is Holland doing over there? Athanasiou is RIPE for the taking

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
um..... you are a ny ranger now kid.

philthy stuff dont work :laugh:

DHjE_4BXcAAzFWy.jpg

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I never understood the hate players get for that. They're fans of other teams, in other professional sport leagues before being signed. Should they stop enjoying life and repping their loyalty to those teams? They made a big deal about this on NHL Sirus radio.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I never understood the hate players get for that. They're fans of other teams, in other professional sport leagues before being signed. Should they stop enjoying life and repping their loyalty to those teams? They made a big deal about this on NHL Sirus radio.

I'm kidding, I don't actually care. He's from South Jersey, more than likely you end up a Philly sports fan there

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I'm kidding, I don't actually care. He's from South Jersey, more than likely you end up a Philly sports fan there

It wasn't directed at you. There's been talk about this on Twitter, and Boomer has mentioned some things about this on NHL net radio, but people turn this into a bigger deal than it should be.

Last edited:

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Are there even any legit Giants/Jets fans on the team?
Seems unlikely.
Shattenkirk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad