Celebrity Death: Anthony Bourdain

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
This was and still is incredibly sad.

I was never a huge fan of his, but I'd watch his show from time to time because my dad loved it. Now I've been avidly watching his show and realize what a great person he was. He really comes off as a man of the people and always standing up for what he believed was right and defending those that are most vulnerable (having just seen the Jamaican episode).

Not sure if this has been posted already, but his toxicology report found no drugs or alcohol in his system. To me, that makes it even more depressing, as he soberly contemplated his life for many days.

Bourdain’s toxicology report released

Reactions: G F O P

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
It's pretty great, and not really because of him. He took W Kamau Bell to Kenya, great episode.

The last scene with Bell......it's pretty amazing.

And before that, there was a great scene that I am sure wasn't going to be used in the regular episode had he not died. They were just shooting background footage and Bourdain and Bell were just talking....

W. Kamau Bell on Anthony Bourdain’s ‘I Pinch Myself’ Moment

“The idea that I’m sitting here with you, doing this now, knowing where my life and career have come, it’s pretty cool,” Bell, whose CNN series United Shades of Americawas directly inspired by Bourdain’s, tells the host. He asks himself, “Whose life is this?”

Bourdain, who had been traveling the world doing this type of show for 17 years, tells Bell that “as soon as the cameras turn off,” when he and his crew are sitting around having a cocktail, “I pinch myself.”

“I cannot f***ing believe that I get to do this,” Bourdain continues. “Or see this, ever. Or that I ever would, because 44 years ago, dunking fries, I knew, with absolute certainty, that I would never, ever see Rome, much less this.”

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Bourdain's death is one of the few "celebrity" deaths that really did hit hard. He is one of the few personalities you felt you genuinely knew and he seemed like such an all around just great guy.

A few weeks ago I noticed his early show "A Cook's Tour" was free on Amazon Prime and I binged the hell out of it. Amazing, amazing stuff even though some of it looks like it was filmed on a camcorder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad