Celebrity Death: Anthony Bourdain

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Cruddy news to wake up to. Suicide and only 61. He was awesome.

It was also the only way CNN can get me to watch their network.

Reactions: BHD

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Not sure that will be the case, but it certainly impacts me more. I've watched his show for, what, 13 years, now? Since No Reservations premiered. Read his books, generally followed his career. Really terrible news.

I say so because he was a lot more culturally relevant in the present day than Kate Spade was. He was a major CNN star.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Knowing Bourdain he would appreciate a crude restaurant/food related suicide joke but I just can't bring myself to it. This one is a gut punch.

“If Trump and Kim Jong-un were going to have a bit of a summit to try and mend relations and they wanted you to cater, what would you serve?” asked a TMZ reporter.

“Hemlock," Bourdain deadpanned.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Bourdain's close friend Eric Ripert, owner of New York City's famed Le Bernardin restaurant, found him unresponsive in his hotel room Friday morning.

Wow that hurts the soul, knowing how close those two were.

Depression can have an effect on anyone. Get help if you need it.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Didn't really watch his show until recently, but I thought he was excellent. He had that distinct voice and presense to him. This is one of the more shocking, unexpected celebrity deaths for me. Only 61...he had so much more to give and see.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain has died of a suicide aged 61 | Daily Mail Online

For the past two years, Bourdain has been dating actress Asia Argento, one of Harvey Weinstein's accusers. Bourdain has been an outspoken critic of Weinstein and a supporter of the #MeToo movement. Earlier this week Argento was photographed laughing with reporter Hugo Clement in the streets of Paris. It's unknown if she and Bourdain were still together at the time of his death.

4CE6D01A00000578-0-image-a-6_1528203430021.jpg

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Dammit WHY?!?! Have been watching him for so many years and really enjoyed his shows and he seemed to be a decent genuine guy. Great job, had a kid and a girlfriend. Seemed to have it all and then suddenly offs himself? I don't get it. :( :(

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Dammit WHY?!?! Have been watching him for so many years and really enjoyed his shows and he seemed to be a decent genuine guy. Great job, had a kid and a girlfriend. Seemed to have it all and then suddenly offs himself? I don't get it. :( :(

Seems like something happened with his girlfriend. In the link posted they are clearly a couple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad