Player Discussion Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Hes pretty pointless (pun not intended) on this team.

We have plenty offensive minded players. ESPECIALLY when flashy offsense doesn’t mean shit in the playoffs. That $11 million or whatever is way better spent on other needs.

I don’t even care if they don’t get anything for him. The money to spend on someone else is good enough.

Prove me wrong, Mitch.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Don't want to look too much into this but he wasn't very enthused either when Willy scored the second goal.
After Nylander scored his 2nd goal, I saw Marner doing this on the way to the locker room...

Jack.gif

Attachments

• 1714708831384.png
    1714708831384.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
  • Haha
Reactions: ORRFForever

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Dont crap on mitch .. he is playing solid d and we need that ftom him .. he wont produce in playoffs bexause he does not have da wheels .. but he can help in either end of ice as long as he does not nake cutsy ctrative stupid passes that team cant recover from .. what we got tonight is all he can do .. and it is fine .. he is gone in summer so dont sweat it

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
1 Goal and 3 points in 6 games. Check out NHL edge stats... pretty pathetic stats all around. It makes perfect sense why he doesn't produce goals.

Shots:
9 shots total: 2 high danger, 5 mid range, 1 long range (guess the 9th was even further out)

Speed: 4 categories of ranked speeds:
- Marner is bottom 50 percentile in all speeds except the slowest.

Top shot speed, 4 categories of ranked speeds.
- Marner is below 50 percentile in all but the slowest speed

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
We really choose tonight to continue shitting in Marner?

I thought he was good, he had the nice shot on the 3 on 2, and him and domi had that sequence of passing the puck into the slot to bertuzzi like 3 times in a row

We will have plenty of time to talk shit if we lose game 7

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
If there was a single hockey game where the losing coach likely gets fired, it’s game 7 this Saturday. A lot is riding for both teams. And I can’t wait for JT and marner to be off this team and their 22 mil cap space, the defence renovations and depth scoring you could do with that would be amazing!

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
In playoffs games are 10 percebt faster anf tougher and mitch does not have syraight line speed to keep up orvda strengyh to jold off checkers .. willy has another gear and its really that simple
It is that simple... been saying it for 7 years myself. Hard to be a successful playoff performer, if you dont have grit, don't have a great shot and don't have great acceleration.

Edit.. and if your not strong on your feet or as Lundqvist said "have a heavy stick"

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I hope he steps up like Matthews did in game two and Nylander did in game six. If he can put up two or three points (even if they're all assists), they should stand a good shot at winning.

He is paid to score... 0.50 PPG doesn't quite cut it. He's been okay in general since that shit game four showing, though.

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
Speed: 4 categories of ranked speeds:
- Marner is bottom 50 percentile in all speeds except the slowest.
Marner's thing is to curl around all game and control tempo. So I hope they take that into account when comparing to players who rush in straight lines. Going by their conclusions it looks like they don't. Shocking.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Well, as someone said in another thread, they are paying him $11mm to produce, not become the next Danault. Nothing wrong with Danault, but not for $11mm.
REgular season points come from regular season paced games .. he is helpful to a team to help with offense in regular season .. it helped team over years make playoffs .. but pro playofffs are 10 percebt faster and tougher and his stride does not let him gear up .. paul has known this since mitch was 6 as i told him over an over again .. in fast paced up and down ice tough games mitch can only play defense .. keefer knows this too .. nothing mitch can do about it now .. too late to change his stride

Reactions: arso40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad