Player Discussion: Andrew Copp, the unsung hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
dreger said he's out of the lineup for precautionary reasons and health is not a concern for copp/jets on insider trading

Reactions: Bladerunner62

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

Another indicator Copp didn't suffer a concussion but rather a different injury . I'm guessing the hold up is a threshold of time that needed to elapse from Sunday's game to completely rule out a concussion.

Last edited:

Guy Who Is Right

Mar 16, 2022
Jets owners and management are high quality people in their business and personal lives. Posts that cast them as liars and cheaters are more of a reflection on the poster than the people they try to diminish.
I don't know how that can be said with any measure of certainty in the wake of the Blackhawks/Beach scandal and Chevy's implication. Memory is very short around here.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
I don't know how that can be said with any measure of certainty in the wake of the Blackhawks/Beach scandal and Chevy's implication. Memory is very short around here.
Oh, you mean where Chevy's Boss and that employees' boss said they would handle it and he assumed that they would and went back to doing his job??? Where he didn't file a police report against the players wishes? What a monster. Get the pitchforks!!!:sarcasm:

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
Jets owners and management are high quality people in their business and personal lives. Posts that cast them as liars and cheaters are more of a reflection on the poster than the people they try to diminish.
What are you talking about? He took a head shot and has had 4 other concussions. Health is OBVIOUSLY a concern. Its impossible to know the extent of a head injury, so they held him out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sipowicz

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Misdirection from True North is highly unlikely. Teams trading for Copp may want a medical report. Unless you are in the belief True North would be forging medicals, it would behove them to be truthful on his condition. Now taking extra time to rule out a concussion or simply taking him out as a precaution is a different story. So is being vague about his status to the media. But I expect a clearer picture to his status well before the trade deadline

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Wouldn’t mind trading him just to shake up the team and put a fire under their saddle.

Over the course of the last few years many teams have done well after the trade deadline after dumping several players.

Reactions: hockeyarena

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Good news.

Could Chevy's decision - sell or buy/stand pat - rest on as little as the next 2 games? Also considering the games being played by the teams we are in competition with over these next 4 days, that is possible. It could be that close.

Reactions: hn777

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Good news.

Could Chevy's decision - sell or buy/stand pat - rest on as little as the next 2 games? Also considering the games being played by the teams we are in competition with over these next 4 days, that is possible. It could be that close.
If Dallas loses their 3 games before the deadline and the Jets win their two, I can’t see Chevy selling

Reactions: hn777

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If Dallas loses their 3 games before the deadline and the Jets win their two, I can’t see Chevy selling

Dallas would still have 2 in hand. But I agree. We would also still have to worry about F**k Vegas and Van. That would be 4 wins in a row. He would have to think we are hot at that point and hope we can keep it up for a while.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

Interesting to hear that Copp was definitely looking to sign here long term. Have thought for a while that Chevy was after Schmidt, took Dillon as a consolation prize, and then just couldn’t help himself when Schmidt fell into his lap. Now we have a prospect logjam at LD a potentially tricky context to move with Schmidt, and a lack of quality scoring and 2-way play at F.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Why wouldn't Copper want to sign here long term?
It sounds like Chevy had a chat with him about possibly being traded.

What I really liked was his comment about... since the Seattle game, we aren't sitting back on our lawnchairs letting them tee it up...

Reactions: sipowicz and hn777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille