Injury Report: Andersen Injured - Out 3-4 Weeks

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
It was a shoulder injury. Reports in Danish media says he will need one perhaps two weeks - then he will be ready to play again.

Hopefully the team at the world cup and later on the Maple Leafs will be better in front of him than the Danish team.

I dont recall to have seen so many give aways before, 3 vs 1 and 2 vs 1 rushes against. It was so freakin bad it was hilarious

And ofc it ends with one of the forwards injuring his own goalie.

so freakin bad

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I predict that most players who get even the slightest tweak will be pulled out of the World Cup. The stakes of this tournament aren't that high with two artificial teams participating. So when Andersen doesn't play I won't get too hot and bothered about it.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
If only Martin, Prust and Komarov were on the ice, this wouldn't have happened!

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Seriously. How have we not heard anything ?

godfather_lou.jpg

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
I'd be pretty outraged if my employer told me what I couldn't do in my spare time.

People need to get past the idea that NHL teams "own" these players.

NHL teams don't own players so they can't ban them from participating in activities with their own free time.

They can however have contract language that states if they injure themselves participating in these non-NHL activities that their contract is null and void. Don't know if this would still apply to World Cup / Olympic games because that could be considered hockey training or regular usage, but it can certainly be applied to dangerous ATV riding etc.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
They can however have contract language that states if they injure themselves participating in these non-NHL activities that their contract is null and void. Don't know if this would still apply to World Cup / Olympic games because that could be considered hockey training or regular usage, but it can certainly be applied to dangerous ATV riding etc.

Merry Christmas Joffrey. Here's your ATV. Love Lou.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
NHL teams don't own players so they can't ban them from participating in activities with their own free time.

they do. (not re: to tournaments like this), but you can't do something stupid to hurt yourself that prevents you from participating as a member of your club. who was that goalie for Minnesota who kicked/punched a wall (and a LOT of drinking was involved) and the Wild suspended him without pay?

I'm sorry but when you invest millions into someone and they in turn (as an organization) stand to get 50% of those millions back in revenue i think having some lines drawn in the sand is in order.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad