Anders Lee..

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
I can't believe what I see when I watch him now, how far he's fallen. Must be confidence. He was never fast, but he's simply invisible out there.

You'd think just getting to the net, he's still big/strong and can get deflections/rebounds or at least draw penalties. Maybe he misses Josh Bailey too much.

Can't figure it out. He's not 42 years old.

Not that I'm a Lane Lambert, try a different line, person - but how can they have no hot players ever? Except Nelson once in a while I guess.

Does every player need someone better to play with?!?! Does that even make sense?

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Lee's lack of speed and the fact that he's not that great behind the boards has actually been quite obvious for a few years. I don't know how this is suddenly a surprise at all.
His inability to offer anything at all is the surprise.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
The contract was always going to age bad. NHL is a speed game today and Lee simply hasn't learned any new tricks throughout the years to make for a decline in his athleticism and speed (which was poor to begin with). He's a buyout candidate this offseason and probably should be a healthy scratch candidate soon. If Bailey didn't get special treatment, neither should Lee.

JJ18Sniper

Oct 2, 2020
NY
The ACL injury to Lee was probably the worst thing he could have had. It sped up the slowdown process. The contract was never going to age well. He was worth the $$ invested for the short-term. I'm still curious what the supposed 'revised' numbers would have been to fit in Panarin.

Fist of Fury

Wang Chung
Jul 24, 2011
He's beyond awful at this moment and he gets what 9 million this season?! He should be in jail! Do we need to sign Bailey, just to bail him out of this funk?

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Might be the worst player in the NHL currently.
Really? He has one of the higher expected goals per 60 min. Top 10 in the league. His expected goals though is like -5.2. Numbers say he should have about 7 goals but only has 2. He’s shooting at a 6% right now which is well below the 14% of his career. I’m thinking they will start to go in for him eventually….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad