Anders Lee..

ryanwombat53

Jul 12, 2020
The year following their massive 7 year deals:
Anders Lee 68 GP 20G 43 PTS
Chris Krieder 54 GP 35G 49 PTS
Gabriel Landeskog 46 GP 29G 55 PTS
Needless to say Lee has been a huge disappointment up to this point.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Lee relies on down low action around the net. If you see one of those heat maps and there's not a lot of red around the goal, that's not a game where Lee is going to be effective. Our lack of offense from the D also works against him getting deflections and rebounds off point shots.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Lee relies on down low action around the net. If you see one of those heat maps and there's not a lot of red around the goal, that's not a game where Lee is going to be effective. Our lack of offense from the D also works against him getting deflections and rebounds off point shots.
I mean people are forgetting he had major knee surgery 10 months ago or so, he will better next year off that I think.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The biggest problem is that it is not just one player, or even two.....it's that it's really just about every single one of them.
That's the signature of a bad season. A few different players are having bad games each night and the rest of the team can't overcome it.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Lee is the type of guy who relies on others getting pucks on net to be successful.

Needless to say the subtractions and additions this offseason have not been very beneficial for Lee's style.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I firmly believe he is a good captain, can still pot 20 a year as he transitions to a lesser 5 on 5 role and stand in front of net role. He will be overpaid for sure but it is what it is from that standpoint.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I firmly believe he is a good captain, can still pot 20 a year as he transitions to a lesser 5 on 5 role and stand in front of net role. He will be overpaid for sure but it is what it is from that standpoint.

I'm curious to see how he (and the team in general) rebounds next season. I always take the season after a major surgery with a grain of salt, especially when the whole team has also disappointed.

It would be different if they were top 3 in the Metro and Lee was on the 3rd line getting outplayed by Bellows. That's not the case here.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I'm curious to see how he (and the team in general) rebounds next season. I always take the season after a major surgery with a grain of salt, especially when the whole team has also disappointed.

It would be different if they were top 3 in the Metro and Lee was on the 3rd line getting outplayed by Bellows. That's not the case here.
I think isles go big to upgrade the top line, I don’t know who that is but I think that is plan and Lee will transition down lineup. I believe they try to get to wingers and a top four defenseman this off-season.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think isles go big to upgrade the top line, I don’t know who that is but I think that is plan and Lee will transition down lineup. I believe they try to get to wingers and a top four defenseman this off-season.

I hope so, Lee-Barzal-Eberle worked but Eberle is gone.

Time to bring in a Forsberg/Gaudreau type guy for Barzal.

Reactions: PhysicalGraffiti

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise

Was there anyone expecting him to outproduce Landeskog or even Krieder?

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
He's a good soldier and great captain. I would agree with other posters he should make his way on the second line and later perhaps 3rd with PP time. Would agree an upgrade on line one with Barzal is a must, but I think the big issue is the fit of effective wingers for Barzal, because of his style.

It feels like player evaluation has begun with 30 plus games to go(that's rough, but appropriate) I would like to see BT go with
Barzal Nelson Palmieri
Lee Pageau Bellows

Lee is out for personal reasons today so I hope all is well with him and family.

Reactions: bossy22

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
He's a good soldier and great captain. I would agree with other posters he should make his way on the second line and later perhaps 3rd with PP time. Would agree an upgrade on line one with Barzal is a must, but I think the big issue is the fit of effective wingers for Barzal, because of his style.

It feels like player evaluation has begun with 30 plus games to go(that's rough, but appropriate) I would like to see BT go with
Barzal Nelson Palmieri
Lee Pageau Bellows

Lee is out for personal reasons today so I hope all is well with him and family.

I think the big issue is that Lee is being paid like a first line winger for the next 5 or so years which is what will ultimately hinder our chances of being able to pull in top line talent.

I love Lee and agree that he’s a great captain - I have no doubt he will bounce back to some extent next year. But I have a hard time seeing his on ice play paying off his salary, and it’s difficult to sell intangibles when a team isn’t winning

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
I think the big issue is that Lee is being paid like a first line winger for the next 5 or so years which is what will ultimately hinder our chances of being able to pull in top line talent.

I love Lee and agree that he’s a great captain - I have no doubt he will bounce back to some extent next year. But I have a hard time seeing his on ice play paying off his salary, and it’s difficult to sell intangibles when a team isn’t winning
Solid point my friend. Those last years of that contract will rough as well.

Reactions: impaaaaaact

scott99

May 13, 2005
He missed today’s game vs the Blues for “personal reasons”, not trying to make it anything more than the statement, , just found it odd.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
He missed today’s game vs the Blues for “personal reasons”, not trying to make it anything more than the statement, , just found it odd.
His grandfather died. Nothing odd going on.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
The trajectory of Lee's remaining career is as easy to project as the next sunrise., IT stinks that he was never a good skater and that is only going to get worse. The dude is a great guy and a big plus in the locker room/leadership category.

That said he has little other use if he doesn't play with a very creative playmaker so he can go to his office (within 10 feet of the net) and set up shop. Since we only have one of those guys (Barzal) Lee's value is going to be fringe at best, and will unfortunately will get worse the more he loses his legs.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The trajectory of Lee's remaining career is as easy to project as the next sunrise., IT stinks that he was never a good skater and that is only going to get worse. The dude is a great guy and a big plus in the locker room/leadership category.

That said he has little other use if he doesn't play with a very creative playmaker so he can go to his office (within 10 feet of the net) and set up shop. Since we only have one of those guys (Barzal) Lee's value is going to be fringe at best, and will unfortunately will get worse the more he loses his legs.
I've mentioned this many times, but I can see Lee being like a Dave Andreychuk. Never a great skater but a big body with great hands who scored his goals from right in front. So there wasn't a huge loss of skating (that was never there) as he got older, and he remained pretty productive into his late 30s. But to your point, Lee needs a playmaker/zone entry guy. He also needs a shooter as his third linemate and shots from the point as well. His best production came with Tavares (shooter) at C and Bailey (playmaker) at RW. I'd like to see Lee with Nelson and Bailey, but they'd need some puck-moving ability on defense with them.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I think Lee's skating has actually improved a bit this year. All that ACL rehab seems to have helped.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Or we can just choose to ignore that one plays in a system that empahsizes defense first whereas the other 2 are playing in high octane offensive systems. Also doesn’t hurt to have Mika Zibanajed and Nathan MacKinnon feeding your the puck…

Reactions: Volek25

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad