Speculation: Anders Lee done for the season, what does Lou do?

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
I see you are from New York . By your above description and activity level I am guessing you are an electrician ..

* Note - I am an electrician . LGI

I'm a "Business Analyst" or a "Salesforce Administrator".

When I change a lightbulb I turn off my circuit breaker board. If I was an electrician I would die the first day on the job.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I’d say Hall then Rakell . Maybe even Rakell more so due to his cap vs Hall.
I hope teams plan B or C is wanting Palmieri from my Devils but he would be lower down on the want list from Rakell

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Smells like Foligno.

Hard-nosed scoring grinder will replace a hard-nosed scoring grinder.
Problem is Foligno does not really score any goals. Isles have a real chance this year after their deep run last year. Want LL to make a trade for a legit threat to compliment Barzal and Eberle on the 1st line. If he does the Isles will have 3 pretty good offensive lines and a tough 4th line and I like their chances.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Problem is Foligno does not really score any goals. Isles have a real chance this year after their deep run last year. Want LL to make a trade for a legit threat to compliment Barzal and Eberle on the 1st line. If he does the Isles will have 3 pretty good offensive lines and a tough 4th line and I like their chances.

Quite sure Foligno has never had a playmaking center at a level of Barzal.

That Columbus has just been a mess lately, when you lose Dubois and some years ago they lost Johansen. Always some secondary guys to build around, or Foligno himself put to play Center.

He scored 31 goals on the last full year with Ryan Johansen as his center. Then Johansen wanted out. Last season looked good with Dubois, then Dubois wanted out...

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
That’s a really interesting offer IMO. Well done.

How is it interesting. We can get much better for a 2020 2nd and 2022 first. Hell we could get rid of Ladd and use that capspace more wisely for starters

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
How is it interesting. We can get much better for a 2020 2nd and 2022 first. Hell we could get rid of Ladd and use that capspace more wisely for starters
You read it wrong. It’s Tatar + 2021 2nd from the Habs for your 2022 1st.

Let’s just say the Habs move up 30 or so picks (and in a different draft) for sending you Tatar for a playoff run.

Last edited:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
You read it wrong. It’s Tatar + 2021 2nd for your 2022 1st.

Fair enough, still way to much for Tatar given this draft is supposed to be poor and next years is supposed to be good. At most I would give Colorado's 2nd next year and even then I am weary because Tatar is basically more of the same for our roster, we need somebody who can add something we actually need.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Fair enough, still way to much for Tatar given this draft is supposed to be poor and next years is supposed to be good. At most I would give Colorado's 2nd next year and even then I am weary because Tatar is basically more of the same for our roster, we need somebody who can add something we actually need.
It’s not way too much. It’s quite fair value wise but I respect your need for a different type of player/pass.

wasn’t my idea of a deal but it was clever by HF standards, esp from a Habs fan.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site

As much as I would love to see Ladd acquired by someone, it's not realistic. It's going to take more than one first rounder around 20-30 overall. We could probably entice some teams by offering "Leo F'ing Komarov", possibly getting some first rounders and "A" prospects back.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Other than Dustin Brown, is there a physical LW that can play a top six role available?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
It’s not way too much. It’s quite fair value wise but I respect your need for a different type of player.

If we were to trade a first why not this years, they idea we would give up a pick in a draft a year from now that is supposed to be way better then this year is just a fan wish

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
As much as I would love to see Ladd acquired by someone, it's not realistic. It's going to take more than one first rounder around 20-30 overall. We could probably entice some teams by offering "Leo F'ing Komarov", possibly getting some first rounders and "A" prospects back.

My guess is come July 1, 2021 when Ladd's 3M bonus kicks in and he only has 5M owed over 2 years, some team not up against the cap would take a 2022 first in exchange for taking his contract

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
What would be the cost for Rakell and Hall? Either one would be a great fit. I think now's the time for the Isles to go all-in, tbh.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Buyout period is before July 1st.

Just to confirm, while the regular buyout period will be before July 1st, the Isles could get a second opportunity, depending on if certain conditions are met with respect to potential arbitration settlement(s) too, right?

Beauvillier, Pelech and Sorokin will all be arbitration-eligible RFAs, although hopefully it doesn't come to that and they can get proper extensions done in advance of any hearing.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
What would be the cost for Rakell and Hall? Either one would be a great fit. I think now's the time for the Isles to go all-in, tbh.

I still Think Islanders might want to look at another center who can play wing(Staal or Zajac come to mind). It would basically cover a need of having proper depth in case one of the other 4 guys goes down

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
My guess is come July 1, 2021 when Ladd's 3M bonus kicks in and he only has 5M owed over 2 years, some team not up against the cap would take a 2022 first in exchange for taking his contract
Possibly and hopefully. 2022 1sts are going to fetch a premium since it will (probably) be the first full season of scouting as the 2021 draft is going to be a shit-show.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Possibly and hopefully. 2022 1sts are going to fetch a premium since it will (probably) be the first full season of scouting as the 2021 draft is going to be a shit-show.

Option 2 is always wait 1 year and on July 1, 2022 when his 3M bonus kicks in and he only gets 1M in actual salary he probably can be dumped for a 2nd rounder

I would be more willing to dump the 2022 first if it's to Seattle and basically gives us control who they take from us.

Reactions: MattMartin

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Just to confirm, while the regular buyout period will be before July 1st, the Isles could get a second opportunity, depending on if certain conditions are met with respect to potential arbitration settlement(s) too, right?

Beauvillier, Pelech and Sorokin will all be arbitration-eligible RFAs, although hopefully it doesn't come to that and they can get proper extensions done in advance of any hearing.

Yes, there is a 2nd buyout window after July 1st for teams with arbitration cases.

I was responding to what I thought was the idea that the Islanders could somehow pay Ladd's final year $3m signing bonus and then trade him to another team that would buy out his $1m remaining salary. That's not allowed.

Any team that buys out Ladd in his final season will have:
2022-23: cap hit $4.833m, actual dollars $3.333m
2023-24: cap hit $333k, actual dollars $333k

Total over 2 years $5.167m cap hit and $3.67m actual payroll.

Worth noting, that's a bigger 2022-23 cap hit then simply burying Ladd in the AHL would be ($4.375m), and only saves $333k in real payroll dollars. Which is why Ladd's deal is commonly described as "buyout proof".

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad