Post-Game Talk: Anaheim loses game 7 2-1

KatellaKid

Jul 9, 2013
Got to give credit where credit is due. "Defense wins championships" and Nashville played incredibly suffocating defense. Very frustrating to watch how how we couldn't even enter the zone so many times at even strength and the PP.

A defense like that makes even the best forwards look inept. Combine that with a great performance by Rinne and it's no wonder we lost. It's too bad we couldn't at least get a split in the first 2 games, but I don't see BB as someone who inspires confidence or has his teams ready to go to war in the playoffs.

From defense comes offense and sad to say that has been our Achilles heel since '07.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Got to give credit where credit is due. "Defense wins championships" and Nashville played incredibly suffocating defense. Very frustrating to watch how how we couldn't even enter the zone so many times at even strength and the PP.

A defense like that makes even the best forwards look inept. Combine that with a great performance by Rinne and it's no wonder we lost. It's too bad we couldn't at least get a split in the first 2 games, but I don't see BB as someone who inspires confidence or has his teams ready to go to war in the playoffs.

From defense comes offense and sad to say that has been our Achilles heel since '07.

LA can attest to this

our D was what made us scary

now our D makes us look like a frail old lady :shakehead

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

Last year we had gotten some nice amount of offensive production from the blueline 9 goals 39 assists 48 points in 16 games. That is better offensive production then our 2007 team with 11 goals 28 assists 39 points in 21 games.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
So pretty much only Garbutt, Kesler, and Lindholm showed up this series... Despres made numerous plays (turnovers) that lead to brutal goals against, and Perry utterly was useless... The rest of the team was smear of poor to below average. These were the only standouts for me.

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
So pretty much only Garbutt, Kesler, and Lindholm showed up this series... Despres made numerous plays (turnovers) that lead to brutal goals against, and Perry utterly was useless... The rest of the team was smear of poor to below average. These were the only standouts for me.

Freddy and Nate definitely in there. I haven't been keeping up with the conversation so i'm not sure of the consensus, but i'd say Getzy "showed up" too.

oh and Cogs.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I'd be real curious as to how he looks in that tournament.

ovech-trick every game

book it

I find it odd that he's playing and Getzlaf is not.

ryan has to start is off-season weight lifting program asap as possible:

67776d00daa10d1a5f2e893d372fc27d.jpeg

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Last year we had gotten some nice amount of offensive production from the blueline 9 goals 39 assists 48 points in 16 games. That is better offensive production then our 2007 team with 11 goals 28 assists 39 points in 21 games.

The 2007 team faced much, much stiffer competition than 2015. All the teams we played that year would have destroyed Calgary and Winnipeg.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
The 2007 team faced much, much stiffer competition than 2015. All the teams we played that year would have destroyed Calgary and Winnipeg.

Yes but it shows that we had gotten good offense from the blueline before so that wasn't the problem. Game 6 and 7 have been the problems.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
So has Perry.

Yea but he chooses to pull out so he has extra time to fill. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I think Perry wants to win. Idk what to think of his poor playoff performance yet again. Sure looked like he wasn't giving 100% to me. Why that is I have no clue. He seems very upset every time he plays bad in these situations. Getzlaf seems like he couldn't care less.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yea but he chooses to pull out so he has extra time to fill. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I think Perry wants to win. Idk what to think of his poor playoff performance yet again. Sure looked like he wasn't giving 100% to me. Why that is I have no clue. He seems very upset every time he plays bad in these situations. Getzlaf seems like he couldn't care less.

I agree here perry is a competitor, getzlaf seems kinda meh when we lose or win.... I feel like getzlaf went home after the game 7 and happy to spend time with his family, and I feel like perry likely went home and dwelled on it and realized after that piss poor series he needed to get back on the ice and redeem himself.

Perry never had a skill set that looked like he is putting a lot of effort out on the ice, he had a few chances throughout the series seemed a bit unlucky at time... his line as a whole just wasn't clicking it seemed.... idk that the experiment of moving perry away from getzlaf worked out too well... or that rakell is the center that can bring the best perry out.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
I agree here perry is a competitor, getzlaf seems kinda meh when we lose or win.... I feel like getzlaf went home after the game 7 and happy to spend time with his family, and I feel like perry likely went home and dwelled on it and realized after that piss poor series he needed to get back on the ice and redeem himself.

Perry never had a skill set that looked like he is putting a lot of effort out on the ice, he had a few chances throughout the series seemed a bit unlucky at time... his line as a whole just wasn't clicking it seemed.... idk that the experiment of moving perry away from getzlaf worked out too well... or that rakell is the center that can bring the best perry out.

That's exactly the vibe I get from Getzlaf. As far as splitting Getzlaf and Perry, I feel like that's what got the Ducks to the playoffs and BB was sticking with it. Can you blame him? Getz-Perry together sure hasn't worked in the past getting over that game 6-7 hump before.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That's exactly the vibe I get from Getzlaf. As far as splitting Getzlaf and Perry, I feel like that's what got the Ducks to the playoffs and BB was sticking with it. Can you blame him? Getz-Perry together sure hasn't worked in the past getting over that game 6-7 hump before.

Ya but idk that Perry can fully anchor a line either, hes a great goal scorer... but when hes playing on a line with Thompson and Rakell... hes going to be the guy they are all over, cause hate to say it but Thompson and rakell wouldn't really be considered threats.

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Neither of Ricky nor Silf will play in the Worlds.

Lindholm hasn't decided yet. Duck's medical staff also need to give him a green light first as well. Sounds like it will be decided tomorrow.

Apparently MÃ¥rts, the headcoach is also dissapointed and frustrated over all the declines. (Russia, not that popular for many players) For me, I couldn't care less...

Link (In Swedish)

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Already mentioned here, but Perry is playing for a TC World Cup spot right now. Getzlaf has already made that team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad