Post-Game Talk: Anaheim loses game 7 2-1

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Just some posts I agree with. Wish we had a +1 option.

I hate to break this to you but this is all wrong. The problem with the Kesler line was it was played entirely to stop Nashvilles top line and had Cogliano as the LW. I think we need a good 2nd line LW and make teams match up to us more often X-Kesler-Silf could be a dangerous line if we could get a winger that could set those two up. Also a little tidbit, making plays in the defensive zone that lead to goals or scoring chances is a good this i.e. sami's goal.

+1. Love Cogliano's effort, but there's just so many plays that dies on his stick.

Breaking some records.

Ouch. :/

AFAIC, this team has a massive identity crisis. I think the #1 agenda this offseason is to get a GM and a coach (whoever they are), who are on the same page about what this team is supposed to be.

The second thing is to get the coach (whoever he is) to establish a proper system/strategy.

+1

I'm getting used to this. Three years ago I was pretty desolate when we lost to the kings. Today I'm just kinda bummed.

+1

teemuselanne

Feb 21, 2011
Ottawa
So this is what it feels like to be the joke of the league

If I have to see ****** TSN or anyone else on Twitter let us know how many game 7's we lost in a row I swear to god

Last edited:

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Breaking some records.

:cry::cry:

I don't think I am overreacting here but IMO it's time to nuke this team. If they weren't going to win this year, they never will this was by far their easiest path to the finals of the last 4 years and still they showed themselves as mental midgets. It's time for a major house cleaning, ownership needs to review everyone, Murray has shown he cannot put together a team that can get it done, and he has had a few summers in a row that have been disasters. My only caveat to this is if the ducks can bring in a proven no.1 dman in which case i'd be up for one more shot at it, otherwise you just can't go with this core again, it is completely illogical.

Kesler and Lindholm are the only players that showed they have what it takes, for me they are the only untouchables, everyone else can and should be up for discussion and it is time to ask Perry and Getzlaf to submit a list of teams they'd accept trades to, as good as they have been over the years they have not gotten the job done when it matters, they make the big bucks so they have to shoulder the brunt of the blame.

Boudreau will probably be fired but Murray is the one who needs to accept responsibility, tactically there is just about nothing BB did wrong in this series, you can question why he didn't go with Andersen from the start, but we don't know how serious his concussion was and what was happening behind the scenes, even after he played the last game against WSH. Then again I think if you blow up the core you can make the case to keep Boudreau and let him work with it, either way it's time to turn up the heat on the two highest paid players on the team, this team is not going to ever get it done, period end of story.

Predators,Sharks and either Stars or Blues I would say would be harder to reach finals then last year. Yes I know Blackhawks had been better then either of those teams but 3 rounds against good playoff experienced teams to beat is harder then just the Blackhawks.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
You don't need to convince me. I am firmly in the keep Freddie camp. Yes Gibby has serious upside and is on a great contract, but that great contract could also double as excellent trade bait. But no matter what, it is highly unlikely that Bob would make such a dramatic U-turn on the goalie front. His hands are tied with all that RFA logjam.

You are right. Gibson can (and will) still improve, but the problem is he really has to. Right now, Freddie is quite clearly the better goalie for the playoffs, because some of Gibson's deficiencies are easy to exploit (lateral movement, breakaways).

I hate to break this to you but this is all wrong. The problem with the Kesler line was it was played entirely to stop Nashvilles top line and had Cogliano as the LW. I think we need a good 2nd line LW and make teams match up to us more often X-Kesler-Silf could be a dangerous line if we could get a winger that could set those two up. Also a little tidbit, making plays in the defensive zone that lead to goals or scoring chances is a good this i.e. sami's goal.

If only BM had pulled the trigger on the rumored Ritchie for Drouin deal. Drouin is better right now and also likely to be better in the future.

Trading Vatanen would be a mistake. I would much rather let go of Despres. But at this point I have to wonder if there are any takers.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
getting rid of getzlaf and perry would be ideal but since i doubt that happens, strip getzlaf of the C and give it to kesler

kesler is the one duck who actually played like he cared all season long

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Sign Stamkos and Yandle in the offseason, wine infinite cups.

Infinite cups of wine sure sounds good right about now.

tumblr_inline_n3g1aa7ioo1rzgpge.gif

Flick of the Switch

Apr 26, 2015
It came down to little things. In my opinion that was just pure bad luck with the puck not to bounce in and got it at the worst possible time. We played well, but just had too many guys somewhere in the shadow-realm for the series.

Perry. Completely vanished. Rakell. Vanished but good at faceoffs. Perron, McGinn vanished. Fowler, completely gone out of the picture when the real games started. That's not what a #1 does, a #1 goes Lindholm and steps up. Despres was flat out terrible. Ok, he had a row of concussions but why did we play him if this is the performance we got out of the man.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
getting rid of getzlaf and perry would be ideal but since i doubt that happens, strip getzlaf of the C and give it to kesler

kesler is the one duck who actually played like he cared all season long

The team composition is it can win and win dominantly. Then in the same series, not show up. This has been going on for the past four years. So they players are there. The game game plan is also there when followed. The problem lies in the head of the players.

In this series alone, the Ducks have proven just how dominant they can be when they want. Basically, it's Getzlaf's personality. This lead by example thing hasn't worked for the past 4 years. Time for the twins to lose their captaincy and alternate captaincy just like Bruce sat both of them on the bench for bad play as well as separated them.

Give the C to Kes. Give the other A to Lindholm. Lindholm just is plain and blunt... two years ago when the Ducks were struggling in the regular season and finally won a game, Lindholm said (i'm using the PG version), "yah, we need more POOP goals. don't need to be fancy. get in front of the net and get POOP goals." Well, paraphrasing. LoL

Our only goal was b/c Kes was parked in front of the net. Next PP, no one wanted to go there and everyone was just on the perimeter. cray, cray.

BTW, Stoner looked good in the game as he ran roughshod over the other team. Fowler is just too nice and holds the puck too long in a timid way. He's a puck rusher instead of a puck pusher. Theo is already chomping on the bit. The Ducks need a fiesty, scoring winger with Fowler.

But ultimately, it's the leadership on the ice that needs addressing after witnessing these past four years. GM Bob already showed faith in coach BB saying it was the players that were not performing, the superstars on the team. The coaching staff did what they needed to do - win the pacific (BB), #1 pk (yawney), and #1 PP (Maclean). So that means it's the players on the ice.

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
Man tough break, I was really pulling for BB after you guys hired him. Still think he's a great coach, but a combination of REALLY bad luck and flawed rosters keeps him from winning in the playoffs.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Man tough break, I was really pulling for BB after you guys hired him. Still think he's a great coach, but a combination of REALLY bad luck and flawed rosters keeps him from winning in the playoffs.

Yeah. He'd win every year if only it weren't for those darn rosters, the bane of every coach. If he could just play hockey on a whiteboard, wow. He'd be Fatter Scotty Bowman.

Anyway, our fancystats were so good this year. I wonder if Corsi Masisak is looking for a warm bath to open a couple veins into.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah i'm bummed but let's be honest, as ducks fans we've come to expect this massive disappointment year after year

so when i woke up this morning my first thought was, oh yeah, the ducks lost a game 7 at home last night. all is right in the world. it would just be odd if they hadn't lost because the ducks just don't win game 7s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad