OT: An OT thread unlike any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
re: ^^the above @valet

Yep, you get it. Inhalation and ingestion are different. And I'd expect the test population for people who worked in and around fog machines is:
(a.) rather limited in size, meaning difficult to block for other factors like hereditary / genetics, lifestyle, diet, etc.
(b.) of varying levels of integrated / cumulative exposure,
(c.) of limited duration. (just as there is no long-term vaping cohort to track/evaluate.

Rationalizing, even if e-cigs or the propylene glycol in them are not 100% innocuous, if they are even marginally better than traditional cigarette smoking, it's still in the good direction.

I figure my alcohol drinking has worse impact on my long-term health prospects than any & all combined chemical & environmental exposures I've had over the years.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
We burned a smidge over 25 acres today. I'm cooked from being on the fire-line for only 4.5 hours. What a blast.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Tops bought the Hannafords in my town last year so I'm hoping it doesn't end up being shut down in the wake of the filling. Maybe it gets bought by Wegmans, hey we all can dream...

As a wegmans employee of 14 years...keep dreaming. Ny is extinct as far as wegmans is concerned. Their sole focus is on opening stores out of state and or in Brooklyn (i.e out of state). It's much more likely NY stores for wegmans are closed than new ones are opened. It's a joke. They close stores here in state and leverage their jobs against moving out of state and force people to move. Wegmans has no leadership corps in new markets so they close local stores and borderline force their employees to pick up and move to new states. The job market in NY is so saturated you can't move forward with the company unless you agree to leave state.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Why is Wegmans not interested in stores in NY state? Too much red tape regulations and taxes compared to other states?

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Turns out that being locked in school for 2 weeks with nothing but caffeine and trial prep is bad for my mental state.

Answer to the coffee question: normally 1 cup with breakfast, since about last Tuesday 8-12. I don’t want coffee ever again.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
How much coffee do you guys drink?

I'm a 4-5 a day guy myself.

Depends on the day. I usually have one mug in the morning, though lately I've been packing a thermos which fits the contents of my four cup drip coffee maker (which is essentially 2 cups) to save on money when I'm on campus.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Depends on the day. I usually have one mug in the morning, though lately I've been packing a thermos which fits the contents of my four cup drip coffee maker (which is essentially 2 cups) to save on money when I'm on campus.
I need to get back down into that range, but lately I'm finding that I just can't help myself.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Turns out that being locked in school for 2 weeks with nothing but caffeine and trial prep is bad for my mental state.

Answer to the coffee question: normally 1 cup with breakfast, since about last Tuesday 8-12. I don’t want coffee ever again.
This is GOAT level coffee consumption. Keep it up, champ.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Usually, I'll have a travel mug's worth in the morning and for the commute to work.

Once or twice a week, my wife and I will have a pre-work coffee date at Starbucks where I'll get a red eye.

Then I'll have a big mug of coffee at work. Then a travel mug worth of tea. Then water the rest of the day at work.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
With the weather here, if I load up on the coffee, I dehydrate. And I don't want some 19-year old having to drag me out of the way of an oncoming headfire.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
How much coffee do you guys drink?

I'm a 4-5 a day guy myself.

Typically 1-2 cups in the morning. I'm not opposed to a late night coffee with desert if we're out to dinner though.

Why is Wegmans not interested in stores in NY state? Too much red tape regulations and taxes compared to other states?

Stores - Wegmans

I mean...half their stores are in NY.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

Saturated market. They don't see a real market to justify more stores in the Albany area etc and the bufdalo, Syracuse and especially rochester markets have to many of them already. They'd essentially be taking sales from one location and transferring them to a new location rather than gaining any sales. Makes sense when you consider the cost of building and staffing another store.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Typically 1-2 cups in the morning. I'm not opposed to a late night coffee with desert if we're out to dinner though.

Their goal is to be able to build 4 to 6 stores a year down the line all out of state. They have real estate purchased as far as north Carolina now and as far east as brooklyn. It'
Easier for them to compete with lesser chains than come at with themselves in their own backyard.
Stores - Wegmans

I mean...half their stores are in NY.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I am thankful that I don't drink or smoke or chew tobacco.

It saves me so much money.
I haven't smoked in years thankfully, and drink very rarely, though that wasn't always the case.

My vice, however cost me more than either of those ever did. Both financially and emotionally. Thankfully that is now in the rear view mirror and will hopefully stay there.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Most often it's just 1 XL McD's to start the day, don't usually have access the rest of the day or else I'd have another . If I'm off and at home, I cruise through a Keurig pouch or 2.

Don't smoke at all so I save there, but I do like to drink, it's probably my biggest expense.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
The last couple weeks at school have been hell. Competitions plus a research paper im working on really have me at the end of my rope. Anyone who I may have been less than courteous to I wanted to apologize and didnt know where else to put it. Mr. Rogers wouldnt have approved of my behavior. Didnt know where else to put this. But wanted to say to anyone I spoke poorly to and to anyone who had to read it. Its not an excuse and wish I was a better person who didnt react to stress that way, but I am flawed and Im trying to be better. You folks are the best outlet I have to talk about the team I love, and 1 of the few passions in my life, and the last thing I want is to salt that ground. Hope you all have a nice night and will excuse my failings. Ill work harder in the future to prevent them from surfacing here.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
The last couple weeks at school have been hell. Competitions plus a research paper im working on really have me at the end of my rope. Anyone who I may have been less than courteous to I wanted to apologize and didnt know where else to put it. Mr. Rogers wouldnt have approved of my behavior. Didnt know where else to put this. But wanted to say to anyone I spoke poorly to and to anyone who had to read it. Its not an excuse and wish I was a better person who didnt react to stress that way, but I am flawed and Im trying to be better. You folks are the best outlet I have to talk about the team I love, and 1 of the few passions in my life, and the last thing I want is to salt that ground. Hope you all have a nice night and will excuse my failings. Ill work harder in the future to prevent them from surfacing here.
Don't work harder. Work smarter. Different boundaries for different situations. One love.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Completely bombed my grad school interview. All my preparation went down the drain, felt like

McBain-Sulzer
Meszaros-Benoit
Beaulieu-Gragnani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad