OT: An OT thread unlike any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Completely bombed my grad school interview. All my preparation went down the drain, felt like

McBain-Sulzer
Meszaros-Benoit
Beaulieu-Gragnani

Sorry to hear that. :eek:

I was up around 4:30 and haven’t really eaten since a sandwich at 11:00 am. I had an exam and a project today along with a focus group meeting that ran an hour long about renaming the school I am attending at UF. Good times. So much caffeine.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya

I was up around 4:30 and haven’t really eaten since a sandwich at 11:00 am. I had an exam and a project today along with a focus group meeting that ran an hour long about renaming the school I am attending at UF. Good times. So much caffeine.

Definitely feel the caffeine part haha, coffee is meaningless for me now, but can't drink energy drinks because of calories...

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
This is one day where I won't complain about a snow day.

I still got to the gym early, shoveled the walkway for everyone else, and am working from work when most people are staying home.

But, the roads were a mess when I left and I can see why they closed schools. And at least they waited until this morning to make the call.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Completely bombed my grad school interview. All my preparation went down the drain, felt like

McBain-Sulzer
Meszaros-Benoit
Beaulieu-Gragnani
Don't worry, the world needs ditch-diggers too.

With any luck, the other candidates in your applicant cohort were Rory Fitzpatrick, Nathan Paetsch, Doug Janik, Jeff Jillson, and Any Elmore.

They must have been stymied to learn College McCollegeface was taken?

One last gut punch of heavy wet snowfall by Mother Nature.

5” in Amherst area
March: In like a lion, out like a lamb.

And I wouldn't assume it's the last big snowfall...

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
My son is away at school in Alexandria, VA. Power is out there due to high winds. One hall has generator, so students are continuing work there for rest of day and will mass in both the dining hall and that single hall once daylight is too limited to continue classes. All afternoon and evening activities canceled, and tomorrow's AM classes, through original noon-time end are canceled. Spring break starts tomorrow. Students are being released this afternoon (ahead of schedule) if their travel permits. He starts flying tomorrow afternoon (assuming Wash. Reagan National is on schedule), and I'll collect him ~11:30 pm.

I hope he can find the flashlight I left him in the fall. He rejected the miner's lamp I also offered him saying he "could always use his iphone light". (Dad wisdom now evident because I challenged him in September: "what happens when you lose your phone charge?")

My cousin an hour away in Severn MD didn't have to report to work today (US Govt).

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I got a new job in Supply Chain Management. I won't be glued to a computer all day! I'll get to break down pallets and order stock. It should be interesting.

I just need to pass 'the test'. I've been a recreational user (4-5 times a month). I've taken a month off. Passed the home test kits multiple times including first thing in the morning when it's most potent.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I got a new job in Supply Chain Management. I won't be glued to a computer all day! I'll get to break down pallets and order stock. It should be interesting.

I just need to pass 'the test'. I've been a recreational user (4-5 times a month). I've taken a month off. Passed the home test kits multiple times including first thing in the morning when it's most potent.
Very cool. I worked in warehousing for 3 years picking orders and doing forklift reaches. I loved that I was on my feet all day.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I've had Buffalo wings before...sort of.

I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat real meat. MorningStar Farms makes "Buffalo wings" that are basically specially-shaped and flavored "chicken" nuggets. They're really good.

I've had other Buffalo-flavored items too.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat real meat. MorningStar Farms makes "Buffalo wings" that are basically specially-shaped and flavored "chicken" nuggets. They're really good.

If you want "Buffalo flavored items" get some Franks Hotsauce and if you do dairy, add bleu cheese dressing. That's it. Victory.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton

I'm most nights of the week, usually just a bit before bed these days. I get tested about 2-4 times a year and 2 weeks is enough for me to pass, never failed. Have some pretty funny d/a testing stories though.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Very cool. I worked in warehousing for 3 years picking orders and doing forklift reaches. I loved that I was on my feet all day.

Just out of curiosity, what do you do now for a living ? Is it related to your career in stock management? I have a four year degree in Economics, so I'm thinking Supply Chain Management may suit me well, but like you I like being on the floor a lot, and I know the higher up I move the more likely I'll on a computer all day.

I'm most nights of the week, usually just a bit before bed these days. I get tested about 2-4 times a year and 2 weeks is enough for me to pass, never failed. Have some pretty funny d/a testing stories though.
Are you a skinny dude? I am, so it helps a bit.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Just out of curiosity, what do you do now for a living ? Is it related to your career in stock management? I have a four year degree in Economics, so I'm thinking Supply Chain Management may suit me well, but like you I like being on the floor a lot, and I know the higher up I move the more likely I'll on a computer all day.

Are you a skinny dude? I am, so it helps a bit.
Right now I work at a heavy machinery rental place, but I loved warehousing and honestly wanted to do the management part of it too. I enjoyed the picking part of it, and when I first started I swamped trailers and was in shape so that was lots of fun, too.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
In an effort to create some budget space to invest in education for myself to help my wife build her business beyond the level it is at today, and perhaps create a business for myself that will allow me to leave my day job in the future, I cancelled cable and phone through Spectrum yesterday.

We have been spending less and less time on entertainment and can easily get content through Netflix and Hulu at a much lower cost.

The toughest part is that I will lose the ability to watch live sports at home.

But, if the investment in the education yields results, perhaps I will be able to afford to get live sports coverage one way or the other before the fall when the NFL and NHL kick off their seasons.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
In an effort to create some budget space to invest in education for myself to help my wife build her business beyond the level it is at today, and perhaps create a business for myself that will allow me to leave my day job in the future, I cancelled cable and phone through Spectrum yesterday.

We have been spending less and less time on entertainment and can easily get content through Netflix and Hulu at a much lower cost.

The toughest part is that I will lose the ability to watch live sports at home.

But, if the investment in the education yields results, perhaps I will be able to afford to get live sports coverage one way or the other before the fall when the NFL and NHL kick off their seasons.
For NFL you can get an over the air HD receiver for pretty cheap that will get you all the local channels in HD. Which will get you all the games minus NFL network games and ESPN games.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just found out someone tried to burglarize my car last week and got busted after trying the handles. He apparently had drug paraphernalia on his person too so he's going away for a bit.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Spent the weekend in Philly and if I see an opportunity I think I wanna move there.

Anyone live in the area?

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
As expected, failed that grad school interview (home school). Welp, 0-2 so far.

2 more schools left, so just gonna wait and see...

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
For NFL you can get an over the air HD receiver for pretty cheap that will get you all the local channels in HD. Which will get you all the games minus NFL network games and ESPN games.

Yeah, but since I'm not a Bills fan, that isn't as enticing.

Although, given my issues with my teams nickname, I have been thinking about doing what I hate to do and that is change allegiances....

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

If you want "Buffalo flavored items" get some Franks Hotsauce and if you do dairy, add bleu cheese dressing. That's it. Victory.
My other go-to staple when I travel north for work / family is Bison french onion chip dip, and Weber's mustard.

Just found out someone tried to burglarize my car last week and got busted after trying the handles. He apparently had drug paraphernalia on his person too so he's going away for a bit.
despite my requests, my wife doesn't lock her car in the driveway or when she's running errands. Will only lock it when there are valuable purchases in the rear hatch. If it's just groceries, she'll still leave it unlocked saying if someone steals them, they need them more than we do.

so, ...yeah...

Spent the weekend in Philly and if I see an opportunity I think I wanna move there.

Anyone live in the area?
Have you/your family inquired about an exorcism to rid you of whatever demonic possession has you in its grip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad