Olympics: American and Canadian refs when USA/CAN are playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
And to reply those who say we believe we've already lost: No, i don't think we have lost, i don't make excuses, i certainly don't think we are in a hopeless scenarion of some sort, i actually think we can win this thing.

But, for the sake of the sport, for the sake of the Olympic Games, for the sake of this perticular game i think they need to change this because once again. It's unheard of everywhere else and it's not doing the sport any favour by having an all-canadian referee-team calling a final with Canada in the game. Imagine if Russia were in the final and only russian-referees were calling the game, just imagine the news "Putin fixing the Ice-hockey gold to Russia".

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSpaceman

Sep 1, 2009
Tbh its you guys that embarrassing Canada with this ********... i really thougt canadians was a nice people and what iv heard but when it comes to hockey you guys are *******

You came into this thread stating that Canada is illegally rigging a World Class sporting event with absolutely no evidence. Everyone is just being honest with you and saying your wrong. Take it easy, read your posts and consider who is being friendly here.

jomas

Aug 23, 2008
snows too much
Tbh its you guys that embarrassing Canada with this ********... i really thougt canadians was a nice people and what iv heard but when it comes to hockey you guys are *******
Right, just because we're known for being decent people doesn't mean we have to tolerate shenanigans.
You don't go up to someone and push them and say "What? I thought you were nice!" when they react angrily.

Granted, kindness is a tad of a stereotype, even if its a good one, there are many Canadians who are just as grumpy as the rest of the worlds grumpy people.

HABS win CUPS*

Sssh, don't disturb the Canadian-**********.

And to reply those who say we believe we've already lost: No, i don't think we have lost, i don't make excuses, i certainly don't think we are in a hopeless scenarion of some sort, i actually think we can win this thing.

But, for the sake of the sport, for the sake of the Olympic Games, for the sake of this perticular game i think they need to change this because once again. It's unheard of everywhere else and it's not doing the sport any favour by having an all-canadian referee-team calling a final with Canada in the game. Imagine if Russia were in the final and only russian-referees were calling the game, just imagine the news "Putin fixing the Ice-hockey gold to Russia".

i thought all my posts were really obvious jokes i just think the conspiracy needs to be investigated more.....basically i think this thread is onto something

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Sssh, don't disturb the Canadian-**********.

Haha i bet Barack Obama (yes i know he is USA president and not Canadas) would scream loudest of them all:laugh:

But its funny not even in Champions Leauge its allowed with ref from the same countery as the clubteam who's playing

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Try not to paint any group of people with one brush.

There are always going to be some loud, ignorant voices in any demographic, but that doesn't usually reflect the majority.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
You came into this thread stating that Canada is illegally rigging a World Class sporting event with absolutely no evidence. Everyone is just being honest with you and saying your wrong. Take it easy, read your posts and consider who is being friendly here.

No not everyone just you guys from Canada:shakehead i havent read any other post from a non canadian that's not agree with me that picking canadian ref to juged between Sweden and Canada is a misstake... execpet for you guys with the only reason "they are the best ref in the world" im pretty sure there is much americans refs aswell.

Or is it only Canadian refs in the NHL? i dont watch NHL so pleas inform me about that.

TheSpaceman

Sep 1, 2009
No not everyone just you guys from Canada:shakehead i havent read any other post from a non canadian that's not agree with me that picking canadian ref to juged between Sweden and Canada is a misstake... execpet for you guys with the only reason "they are the best ref in the world" im pretty sure there is much americans refs aswell.

Or is it only Canadian refs in the NHL? i dont watch NHL so pleas inform me about that.

Most refs in the NHL are Canadian. With your theory Canadian teams would win the stanley cup every year, but it hasn't happened in over 20 years.

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Come on there are both canadians and swedes embarrassing themselves in this thread...

It's too late to change anything and I don't think there will be controversy. I just expect them to be professional and not make the same mistake next time for the sake of the game. :nod:

TheSpaceman

Sep 1, 2009
Eh no why should it be? Ther is like 90% canadians in all teams in nhl lol:laugh:

kc5265efe6.jpg

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
Refs were chosen based on their evaluation of performances for the entire olympic hockey tournament.

Not choosing the best refs for the job based on their nationality would be Class-A discrimination.

Uno Bench

Swedish citizen
Mar 7, 2012

Good post

StittsvilleJames

Apr 17, 2012
Ottawa
I think regardless of nationality, they should have the best refs in the biggest game. I don't for a second feel that any ref would sacrifice not only his career, but his honour, conviction, and integrity, for the rest of his life, because of a game.

If a ref showed bias in this game, do you think he's going to be allowed by the NHL to ref big games anymore? Do you think he'd be a national hero? Ask Ben Johnson what Canadians think of people who cheat to ensure Canadian gold.

If the refs in this game showed any bias previously ever at all in any game on any stage, this conversation would be justified, but until they prove to be liars cheaters and thieves, perhaps we should give them the credit they've earned and deserve thus far in their lives and careers?

HABS win CUPS*

Refs were chosen based on their evaluation of performances for the entire olympic hockey tournament.

Not choosing the best refs for the job based on their nationality would be Class-A discrimination.

did you see the european refs in the womans gold medal game they actually almost scored on us it was really pro grade work

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
I don't think Sweden has anything to worry about regarding slanted officiating in Canada's favor. While the NHL reffing can be poor, these guys have the utmost integrity and would never make calls based on trying to get 1 team a goal. These aren't typical international refs doing a game. NHL refs for NHL players. If anything (and I don't really believe this), you're most likely to see a few questionable calls go in Sweden's favor, just so Devorski and Sutherland can show they are going to be objective as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad