Blue Jays Discussion: Alright, no more discontent. Just baseball | ST in Mtl: StL @ Tor | Mar 26/27 7pm ET/4pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
My mind always plays tricks on me this time of year but is just me or is Gibby getting his regulars in more than usual so far?

today:

1.Travis
2.Solarte
3.Donaldson
4.Smoak
5.Grichuk
6.Martin
7.Pearce
8.Pillar
9.Diaz

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
My mind always plays tricks on me this time of year but is just me or is Gibby getting his regulars in more than usual so far?

today:

1.Travis
2.Solarte
3.Donaldson
4.Smoak
5.Grichuk
6.Martin
7.Pearce
8.Pillar
9.Diaz

Noticed as well. May be making an effort to get more game reps after being one of the slowest starting teams in the majors over the last few years.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Oh come on now, when someone posts a mic drop comment like the chip one, you nod your head at it and just concede that you can't do better, just looks forced now :p

Guilty.

I fought myself on whether i should post it or not as the original was genius. Ill crawl in my hole now.

Reactions: Woodman19

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Maybe the mlbpa should file a grievance with themselves for negotiating the last CBA.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

today:

1.Travis
2.Solarte
3.Donaldson
4.Smoak
5.Grichuk
6.Martin
7.Pearce
8.Pillar
9.Diaz

I was thinking the same thing, but it looks like it's only a slight difference from last year. It's kind of hard to gauge because last year so many guys (Tulo, Travis, Donaldson) were banged up early in the spring, but a few (Pillar, Bautista, Martin) were getting pretty regular home starts in the first week or two of spring.

Either way, it makes sense to change something up, given the way they've started in recent years.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
What ever works, we cannot start slow like we did last season. We need to get the wins on the board sooner in the year so when we go into slumps it covers them. I don't see why a position player cannot play an average of 5 innings each time he is in the lineup. Gets him 2-3 at bats per game and in better game shape. I understand bringing pitchers along slowly but never understood playing regular position players 1 inning in the spring.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Alford wants to play n the bigs this year.

I don't know what 2018 holds because WHEN he gets called up depends at least partially on what the other OF are doing, but he's definitely leading off on Opening Day, 2019.

Him forcing the team's hand and earning a spot on the roster this year (in a rotation of some kind with Granderson/Pillar/Grichuk) would be amazing.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I don't know what 2018 holds because WHEN he gets called up depends at least partially on what the other OF are doing, but he's definitely leading off on Opening Day, 2019.

Him forcing the team's hand and earning a spot on the roster this year (in a rotation of some kind with Granderson/Pillar/Grichuk) would be amazing.

What about Pearce??? Where do we put him?

I can see him racking it up in the first three months of the season in AAA, and then us making a deal to clear a spot for him. Unless someone gets hurt long term.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
My Alford comment was meant as praise for his hitting so far. Add a triple today to his HR last game. He's off to a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad